10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

So yeah. 1 of 4 ssds from walmart is not completely trashed. Two were retaped closed during shipment and the other has a huge hole.

Any advice? If i can get credit from walmart are they worth it at 20% off? Obviously I'd need to check the contents of the retaped ones. Obviously the crappy box will hurt value.

Right now I'm leaning towards returning the really damaged 3 and keeping the one that's only dented and scraped up and asking for a discount because of the damage.

I have now ordered several Lego sets from Walmart on several different occasions ... and I always do it "Ship To Store" ... and each time ... the Lego sets have come boxed in a second box ... and I am able to open the box in front of the Walmart store employee to inspect the condition of the item!  Each time my Lego sets have been delivered in mint condition!

Just a thought ... (not necessarily saying that I will have these same results each and every time)!

(I have about 5 Walmarts in my area ... and I also always have them delivered to the Walmart in the most affluent area that caters to the most affluent clientele!)

I have now ordered several Lego sets from Walmart on several different occasions ... and I always do it "Ship To Store" ... and each time ... the Lego sets have come boxed in a second box ... and I am able to open the box in front of the Walmart store employee to inspect the condition of the item!  Each time my Lego sets have been delivered in mint condition!

Just a thought ... (not necessarily saying that I will have these same results each and every time)!

(I have about 5 Walmarts in my area ... and I also always have them delivered to the Walmart in the most affluent area that caters to the most affluent clientele!)

the last SSD i ordered for in store pick up 3 weeks ago was also completely mangled.

that was my first bad experience having ordered and received numerous other sets for instore pickup.

one of those sets even looks like the box i had which i asked for a discount on and did not receive so i declined.  

I had one shipped to store. I'm going to wait a bit before I check it out. I sent an email to walmart so we will see what comes back. I have a hard time seeing them giving me $400 back for the 5 I had shipped to me. Worth a shot I guess. Still would have preferred paying full price for mint boxes

Maybe you can change the topic to: SSD boxing issues...or something in those lines and let the shipping conversation continue and open a new one where which is indeed about 10221. 17 pages and its all about boxes and wallmart....

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 2

At this point, it looks like the SSD is retiring. Of course, as shown with other sets(Minecraft, Architecture Studio), LEGO can produce sets at any time. That being said, unless there is no box, any box, in almost any condition, might be acceptable to sell this set for a profit if this set is really retired. To send boxes back at this stage for some creases and small holes is foolish. Sure, try to get some money back for the damage, but don't return them.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 2

I agree with Ed. The danger right now is... that we will all get tired speculating on which set is retiring and which is not. Then we all "fall asleep" and lego catches us offguard. I have 2 of each now and I will keep harvesting these sets monthly cause I am still not assured I have enough of them. So even boxes that are a bit damaged should be kept.

So yeah. 1 of 4 ssds from walmart is not completely trashed. Two were retaped closed during shipment and the other has a huge hole.

Any advice? If i can get credit from walmart are they worth it at 20% off? Obviously I'd need to check the contents of the retaped ones. Obviously the crappy box will hurt value.

Right now I'm leaning towards returning the really damaged 3 and keeping the one that's only dented and scraped up and asking for a discount because of the damage.

Let me know what you decide to do....I have been on the fence about buying one of these since there's definitely a chance of them coming back one last time before christmas. I'm pretty sure I don't live far from you so if you're not wanting the one with a hole it's possible I could buy it off you for what you paid for it...

Need some quick advice from some of the more experienced BPers out there... I just received a SSD order yesterday; the box has a few dings in it but pretty good in general.  However, on one side the seals look suspect... I'm probably just being paranoid but it's a $400 investment so I want to be 100% sure.  There is some glue residue next to both seals on each side, does this look like the seals might have been tampered with, lifted off and then replaced?  Just looking to get another opinion other than my own.  Both seals on each side look like this.

nqb8mx.jpg

Need some quick advice from some of the more experienced BPers out there... I just received a SSD order yesterday; the box has a few dings in it but pretty good in general. However, on one side the seals look suspect... I'm probably just being paranoid but it's a $400 investment so I want to be 100% sure. There is some glue residue next to both seals on each side, does this look like the seals might have been tampered with, lifted off and then replaced? Just looking to get another opinion other than my own. Both seals on each side look like this.

I would weigh it first ... I don't like the look of the residue tbh . opening it wouldn't be a bad idea ; there should be sealed white boxes in side the Lego box,

Let me know what you decide to do....I have been on the fence about buying one of these since there's definitely a chance of them coming back one last time before christmas. I'm pretty sure I don't live far from you so if you're not wanting the one with a hole it's possible I could buy it off you for what you paid for it...

I wouldn't mind arranging a trade for one of the damaged ones.  PM me if you are interested.

I will keep you both in mind, definitely curious to see how walmart responds. . I have another waiting at a store in town as well. I will likely pick it up if a fellow BP wants it, don't want it going to waste. 

Need some quick advice from some of the more experienced BPers out there... I just received a SSD order yesterday; the box has a few dings in it but pretty good in general.  However, on one side the seals look suspect... I'm probably just being paranoid but it's a $400 investment so I want to be 100% sure.  There is some glue residue next to both seals on each side, does this look like the seals might have been tampered with, lifted off and then replaced?  Just looking to get another opinion other than my own.  Both seals on each side look like this.

That seal looks fine to me, you can always weigh it.

I could be wrong buy the residue looks like its from the seal shifting/straightening out, you can tell its had a lot of tension/motion on it during shipping.

That's what I was thinking, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get more opinions on it here.  I have another sealed box that's pristine, I'll probably weigh them both and compare.

Walmart says.... 

We can't exchange them because we don't know when we will get more in. We will give you a $20 refund or you can mail them all back. I will be calling them to discuss as $20 for an order over $2000 is a joke.

Now, that could be a sign of EOL.

Walmart says.... 

We can't exchange them because we don't know when we will get more in. We will give you a $20 refund or you can mail them all back. I will be calling them to discuss as $20 for an order over $2000 is a joke.

Man, what a rip.  Put me on the list as a possibly picking up an opener from  you if you don't return it. :)

It's fine. There are only a few minifigs in the SSD box, so there really isn't any motivation for someone to sneak into there. If it was a Death Star, which has like 20 minifigs, I'd be a little more suspicious, but I'd still be about 90% sure that it's fine.

Hi. I'm new here. Maybe this is a bit off topic? :sweat: 

I recently stumbled upon a new SSD and a new Imperial Shuttle at my local toy-store. (He has a lot of lego. Taj Mahal, Sopwith Camel, Sydney Opera House etc.)
I live in Norway, so the prices are way higher here than any other place. But I have decided I want to buy one of them. The SSD was at $600 and the Imperial Shuttle was at around $500. Which of these deals are best value in your opinion? I do like the look of the Shuttle better as a piece of art in my apartment. :twitch: