10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Yeah but i see you're located in Canada. Isn't your currency backed by beaver pelts & Molson Ice?

Seriously though, 79 cents on the dollar means 790 bucks for a SSD at 1000 Canadian, or did you mean you got $1000 USD for it already?

Molson Canadian is the official currency, Molson Ice is like change.

Canadian Tire money is also recognized

The dollar wasn't that low at Xmas, it was more like 85 cents and I got $1099.99 for them.  With the bit that they charged for shipping, it would have been the equivalent of $972 US, so thought that was close enough ;)

• Like 1

The dollar wasn't that low at Xmas, it was more like 85 cents and I got $1099.99 for them.  With the bit that they charged for shipping, it would have been the equivalent of $972 US, so thought that was close enough ;)

i should have sold across.. dyam was losing good $150/SSD.. would have been able to replace the sold one @RRP that time. shoot...

It will near $1000 this Christmas. I expect to see a mass unloading in the last two months this year and the first two months following the new movie.

If the new movies do well, this set will move upwards $200-300 a year for the next 3-4 year, IMO.

i seriously doubt that there is a lot of inventory hidden/stashed... ... i am sure there is some but it shouldn't be any more than 2X what's available now. that's barely going to dampen the price. if the hype lives then i would say its going to rise pretty fast just the jump we saw from $399 to $600....

most of my sales have been opened that's for fact. they were not bought to be sold later or hidden. :D

Edited by newbie77

And that is why everyone loves Canadians. Great sense of humor :)

That's some impressive sales info. I havent seen any go nearly that high. It seems firmly fixed in the 750-850 USD range for months and that's depending on your fee structure Craigslist--Ebay--Amazon etc.

And that is why everyone loves Canadians. Great sense of humor :)

That's some impressive sales info. I havent seen any go nearly that high. It seems firmly fixed in the 750-850 USD range for months and that's depending on your fee structure Craigslist--Ebay--Amazon etc.

I noticed a few US, UK and a lot of Japanese sellers on Amazon.ca, so I like to point out that 1) I'm shipping from Canada (faster, less expensive) and 2) no import tax, which would be 13% + $10 (in Ontario)

just for a laugh.

• Like 3

I noticed a few US, UK and a lot of Japanese sellers on Amazon.ca, so I like to point out that 1) I'm shipping from Canada (faster, less expensive) and 2) no import tax, which would be 13% + $10 (in Ontario)

just for a laugh.

Awesome.

I always rock the Canadian flag and buff up on my hockey trivia when travelling overseas. 

#disguised

#WorldHatesAmericans

Yeah, I though exactly the same thing. It's the SSD...what an awesome view of the wrecked ship and the chase inside the space ship will be epic!

Btw...you can clearly tell it's the Super Star Destroyer. It has 3 pairs of tripple engines + 2 others pairs of 2, you can see 7 in this shot. Whe ISD has only 3 at the back in total.

​Which pilot would fly into this thing without knowing if the path is clear? So either the guy flying the ship is very dumb or very smart. Sorry for OT post.

Depends on whether or not he turned off his targeting computer. 

Meanwhile, the local recycling center is requiring you bring an ID for photocopying due to a recent rash of Imperial copper and aluminum theft.  In particular, jawas limits have been lowered to 50 pounds per day. 

Wouldn't an SSD crashing into a planet be like a giant meteor crashing into the planet and cause global destruction?

​I would imagine it depends on the velocity of the impact. If the SSD was "orbiting" the planet and crashed into it it would cause far less destruction than a meteor traveling at full speed. Meteors travel between 25,000mph and 160,000mph.

http://www.amsmeteors.org/meteor-showers/meteor-faq/#3

They are also solid masses of rock.. not some giant hollow metal structure that could collapse into itself on impact.

• Like 1

​Hmm, shouldn't the atmospheric pressure of the planet deform that ISD upon entry then ? ;)  At the very least that bridge should not be intact as shown at 0:29 :codemafia: 

Could have had a normal re-entry, then have been taken down in battle in the planet's atmosphere.​

What am I talking about :geek: