10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

To whoever asked about when this was last available on Amazon, I picked up 2 10/14/2014.

the member is looking for the month is was widely available and then starting selling out. It's June 2014 or early July 2014.  Then after that, it in and out of stock at retailers.  Some of us were lucky to grab a couple back in Oct and Nov 2014 using Amazon.

• Like 1

Widely available was till late march / early April 2014. this one did not survive the 2X VIP.

By May 2014 this was already going In-Out-Stock (on-off at lot of retailers)

TRU released a whole lot on and off on june-july-august time frame.

LEGO Shop at Home allowed orders some time in JUNE which was delivered sometime in July/august.

flash availability was till NOV/DEC @ amazon; Lego stores till December.

{ source: my purchase history }

• Like 2

Great answer newbie77.  I'm going to take this as gospel, because I certainly don't remember.  

Obviously, it's a simple question with a complicated answer.  For my purposes, I think I'll call the "effective EOL" in May 2014.  If I'm off by a month or two either way, I guess it's not a big deal.  Certainly thousands were bought from various retailers after May 2014, but it sounds like average buyer (who wasn't checking daily) might have missed all those opportunities.

Thanks for the input everyone.  Saves me from having to sift through 100s of pages of threads.  :)

Edited by Kenxxx

Widely available was till late march / early April 2014. this one did not survive the 2X VIP.

By May 2014 this was already going In-Out-Stock (on-off at lot of retailers)

TRU released a whole lot on and off on june-july-august time frame.

S@H allowed orders some time in JUNE which was delivered sometime in July/august.

flash availability was till NOV/DEC @ amazon; Lego stores till December.

{ source: my purchase history }

Nice info.

Can you comment on US Amazon? I did have it in my Amazon basket in June but then it was moved to Save for Later automatically. D'oh.

Nice info.

Can you comment on US Amazon? I did have it in my Amazon basket in June but then it was moved to Save for Later automatically. D'oh.

flash availability meaning it came and went away so fast only some of BP'er with T1 internet connection at the university surroundings were able to grab few. :)

rest were left wondering i placed them in my cart what happened! duh! someone else just swiped them from your pocket :P

Edited by newbie77

Like above, TRU had two Saturday mornings where they were available (late July/early August) for a couple of hours. Other than that, I remember them being basically gone around the May 4th promo

I remember that morning.  I was camping with the kids, trying to help them fish.  I looked like a complete deadbeat Dad monitoring my iPhone for SSD availability while they struggled to cast and reel.  I missed out on both the fishing and the SSDs that morning.  I think Terry got 'em.  I did end up scoring a few more later on but boy was I hooked on the SSD that summer. 

• Like 1

I remember that morning.  I was camping with the kids, trying to help them fish.  I looked like a complete deadbeat Dad monitoring my iPhone for SSD availability while they struggled to cast and reel.  I missed out on both the fishing and the SSDs that morning.  I think Terry got 'em.  I did end up scoring a few more later on but boy was I hooked on the SSD that summer. 

ok that makes sense why i was able to grab them then and why i can't get any deals these days :D

after that rapid SSD and 10218 petshop purchases from TRU .. i have stopped buying online from TRU due to shipping nightmare...

So I have an opportunity to buy 10221 at $627 factory sealed. What do you think the price will be for this set during Christmas? What about another...year or two?

In my review of the set (hey, you should go read it!), I estimated that you could sell this set for over $1000 in 2016 and that it might reach $1500 in 2018.  The first estimate looks like a sure thing.

• Like 1

In my review of the set (hey, you should go read it!), I estimated that you could sell this set for over $1000 in 2016 and that it might reach $1500 in 2018.  The first estimate looks like a sure thing.

Thanks!

Edited by canonikon

I remember that morning. I was camping with the kids, trying to help them fish. I looked like a complete deadbeat Dad monitoring my iPhone for SSD availability while they struggled to cast and reel. I missed out on both the fishing and the SSDs that morning. I think Terry got 'em. I did end up scoring a few more later on but boy was I hooked on the SSD that summer.

You have a good memory. That is when I purchased my last two.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sold three this past Xmas at over $1000.. it's coming sooner than you think.

• Like 1

I sold three this past Xmas at over $1000.. it's coming sooner than you think.

Yeah but i see you're located in Canada. Isn't your currency backed by beaver pelts & Molson Ice?

Seriously though, 79 cents on the dollar means 790 bucks for a SSD at 1000 Canadian, or did you mean you got $1000 USD for it already?

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 1