10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

IMO If you want to build it, yes. If you want to resell it in Spain or the Eurozone in general - NO! If you want to resell it in another country or hold for 3 years, maybe.

yes for the personal build, no for reselling interests. there r many other sets with great discounts who will perform in the same way or better (IMHO)

• Like 1

Rough math indicates that you could currently buy 1.5 Death Stars for every 10221 that you sell at $750 assuming that you don't pay tax (based on shipping from coast to coast). Even though the Death Star is likely to be a winner, why would you sell a sure thing so quickly after retirement unless you like the thrill of the quick flip, 

If you are a flipper, then items like the CT are a great alternative.

• Like 1

Rough math indicates that you could currently buy 1.5 Death Stars for every 10221 that you sell at $750 assuming that you don't pay tax (based on shipping from coast to coast). Even though the Death Star is likely to be a winner, why would you sell a sure thing so quickly after retirement unless you like the thrill of the quick flip, 

If you are a flipper, then items like the CT are a great alternative.

You are over thinking, he is just asking what set to invest if he sells some 10221, the straight answer is 10188, well at least for me....

Edited by boliramirez

No price is too high for an SSD.  I'm snapping up all I can right now at $800, 'cause some anonymous guy on this site told me it's sure to hit $2k by this time next year.  Last Fall, I was buying SSD's at $700 and passing up HH and TH at MSRP to free up funds.  So far that hasn't worked out, but I'm sure it will given time.  After putting all my retirement funds into Phoenix real estate in 2006 and buying shares in offshore oil drillers on margin last summer, it's a relief to have finally found a sure-fire investment in SSD's at 2 x MSRP!

• Like 5

Duplo.

The Duplo Creative Towers are BIG. :)

I've had a few people inquire about my remaining SSDs and I'm not letting go of any more for a while. I imagine if someone had a lot of them it might be easy to let go of a few (I sold one locally for cash at 2x what I paid)  but I'm constantly surprised by how few people really bought this set but now want it.

No price is too high for an SSD.  I'm snapping up all I can right now at $800, 'cause some anonymous guy on this site told me it's sure to hit $2k by this time next year.  Last Fall, I was buying SSD's at $700 and passing up HH and TH at MSRP to free up funds.  So far that hasn't worked out, but I'm sure it will given time.  After putting all my retirement funds into Phoenix real estate in 2006 and buying shares in offshore oil drillers on margin last summer, it's a relief to have finally found a sure-fire investment in SSD's at 2 x MSRP!

underrated post of the day.

• Like 2

i have a thick head... i am sensing sarcasm here :) did i read it correctly

• Like 1