10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

On the other hand, the euro is worth less and less.  That probably plays some role in that accelerating euro value for the SSD.  In other words, US sellers are getting more expensive for eurozone buyers, so eurozone sellers are able to charge more in euros.  I'll bet the price has fallen somewhat in Swiss Francs, too, and will really take off when the new drachmas come out later this year...  Meanwhile in the US, it's gone nowhere for half a year or so.

On the other hand, the euro is worth less and less.  That probably plays some role in that accelerating euro value for the SSD.  In other words, US sellers are getting more expensive for eurozone buyers, so eurozone sellers are able to charge more in euros.  I'll bet the price has fallen somewhat in Swiss Francs, too, and will really take off when the new drachmas come out later this year...  Meanwhile in the US, it's gone nowhere for half a year or so.

A half a year ago SSDs were still available at MSRP.

I've been doing a bit of digging and the SSD is nowhere to be found even in smaller obscure retail shops in Europe - at least those that have web pages. I even tried a few local shops that had them at exaggerated prices but they're all sold out.

The price for this one is still going to rise. I have one MISB and one that is for my personal collection. I didn't get more because 1. it costs a lot ; 2. I don't have the space to store more of them :(

But I must admit I wish I had more lol

I've been doing a bit of digging and the SSD is nowhere to be found even in smaller obscure retail shops in Europe - at least those that have web pages. I even tried a few local shops that had them at exaggerated prices but they're all sold out.

The price for this one is still going to rise. I have one MISB and one that is for my personal collection. I didn't get more because 1. it costs a lot ; 2. I don't have the space to store more of them :(

But I must admit I wish I had more lol

yeah that's what everyone says once you know for sure that the prices are rising...

I even tried a few local shops that had them at exaggerated prices but they're all sold out.

Since january 2014 that I've checked toy stores (bricks and mortar) to find some deals (harry potter, etc.),I saw many death stars, but I never saw the SSD in ANY of the 30 shops I visited.

The SSD I received from LEGO Shop at Home was the first (and last) set I ever hold in hands.

Maybe I was already too late to see one in store ? I don't know.

I guess that, considering the fact that lots of people do not know that the LEGO Shop at Home exists, those people will realize later that "what ??? this lego SSD set does exist ? Incredible !"

Could this set have reached its peak?  Who knows.  I'm holding out until VII anyway.

Quick growth ? Yes maybe, but it still has some great potential for long term (we're talking about a 3 feet and a half long lego SW spaceship)

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SSD is a monster of a ship- and a monster of an investment.

SW pandemonium is just about to re-ignite with what J.J. Abrams is producing. With Disney purchasing the franchise, expect and SW film every single year- from now until eternity.

I'm grateful to have what I have of the SSD, and would advise the savvy investor to hold, hold, hold- the fun is just beginning.