10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

How do you guys display your UCS sets ?

Display all your collection or just some ?

Well...I have one SSD together with more ucs sets permanently on display at work. Also one SSD at home too.Those in boxes do not count :D

The one at home I will put back in the box and re-place it with another UCS. I rotate the lego sets displayed at home and try not to have more than 2 out there at a time as I don't want my house to turn into a lego showroom. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm always nervous of the "Sold Out" label, it tells me that another massive production run may be on its way.  There's nothing to stop Lego doing that, is there?

Finally received my package with 2 SSD's *yeahhhhhh*

v29vbt10.jpg

I'm always nervous of the "Sold Out" label, it tells me that another massive production run may be on its way.

Awards Labels are mostly given on november and december, no ?

There's nothing to stop Lego doing that, is there?

Who knows, maybe you should try to explain that your life as a reseller would be better if they confirm it's retired.

Lego can't stop to argue that they are very nice people. :P

Edited by biniou
  • Like 4

Had an interesting conversation with a LegoLand manager who had six of these arrive; all of which I missed. She claimed:

inventories of SSD, HH, and SC were still relatively healthy in Europe, and for that reason many were re-routed to the US for the quick sales we have seen.

This makes sense with these sets showing up intermmitenly at Amazon, Legoland and Lego Discovery Centers, etc. More "Lego employee speculation", but it does seem to make sense.

Had an interesting conversation with a LegoLand manager who had six of these arrive; all of which I missed. She claimed:

inventories of SSD, HH, and SC were still relatively healthy in Europe, and for that reason many were re-routed to the US for the quick sales we have seen.

This makes sense with these sets showing up intermmitenly at Amazon, Legoland and Lego Discovery Centers, etc. More "Lego employee speculation", but it does seem to make sense.

relatively healthy in Europe meaning that its not selling as they expected. which would be the case in us as well "has it not been people hoarding it for investment"

probably LEGO is not an investment vehicle in Europe.

whatever they are doing they are just feeding "the same people they hate" :P

• Like 1