10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

I have 2 of these and 1 back ordered from Lego@Home. Local store has a few still in stock at retail.

Is it worth picking up any more, if I can? Especially with 2x VIP on...?

Nobody can tell you for sure but if you have the money I would advice you to do so. (double VIP points also is a great opportunity).

I only have 1 of these which I bought from my local lego store in the uk a few days ago.  I would like to get another and I believe they still have some in stock.  Not withstanding that they will probably recognise me (I am 6 feet 11 inches tall so tend to stand out!) am I likely to encounter any problems if I try to buy again and use my VIP card?  When they take the card will the staff member be able to see that I already bought one a few days ago?

Absolutely no problem if you want to get one more some days later. Really.

On the worst scenario (which will not happen), if they say "but !!! you already had one some days ago !!! are you kidding us ???" you just have to say "yes ! a friend of mine saw it and is jealous, so with other friends we will make him a surprise and offer a ssd for his 40th birthday !"

Of course, actually I've just been waiting for somebody to ask!

Would you prefer that I just give them to you for free and also pay the shipping and customs or should I just smuggle like 10 boxes to the U.S. in my cabbin luggage and enjoy a nice trip to the U.S.?

Either way I feel that you should at least get the promo polybags and LEGO-VIP-points as well since they came with those sets so I don't want to separate them now.

Wanna fries with that?

P.S.:

You do have noticed that they are sold out here as well haven't you? ;-)

Yes, jackass...I expect you to buy them, pack them up, pay for shipping, buy a pallet, organize with FedEx freight, throw in some freebies, oh, and let me use your mom for a night too! :cheese:

No, I'm legitimately asking for help in rounding up about a Pallets worth or more. Similar to this pallet that is currently in my warehouse: DTSRSnL.jpg

I couldn't make it over there last month to round them up myself, so I'm simply asking if anybody is so inclined to help and make a little extra on the side. I understand that they are starting to go out of stock at LEGO Shop at Home, but last time I came over there to collect sets I was able to find a lot of what I was looking for at the BM toy shops. Not sure if many will be carrying a larger set like this or not, but I figured it would be worth asking.

• Like 2

So this really was serious? ^.^

As I said online they are sold out and there might be some left but the stores I've called so far have none left.

But please explain to me how this is still profitable enough for you after all the shipping costs etc.?

I mean this as a serious question, don't want to lecture you about your business so don't get me wrong on this one.

(p.s. as for my mom you will have to find the courage to ask her yourself, but she is pretty picky).

(p.p.s. you didn't have to get your special purpose out to show everybody how big it is though ;-) )

Edited by exciter1
Edited by Navin Johnson

So this really was serious? ^.^

As I said online they are sold out and there might be some left but the stores I've called so far have none left.

But please explain to me how this is still profitable enough for you after all the shipping costs etc.?

I mean this as a serious question, don't want to lecture you about your business so don't get me wrong on this one.

(p.s. as for my mom you will have to find the courage to ask her yourself, but she is pretty picky).

(p.p.s. you didn't have to get your special purpose out to show everybody how big it is though ;-) )

If he can buy in europe containerful load of SSDs, then shipping it transatlantic is not that bad, when spread over the amount of sets. I would guess that duties might be significant though. Plus, european pricing still bites, even at discount, though euro being at $1.26 is not a bad deal at the moment. 

R-rated?

Guess that refers to the p-word I used that was edited (with what I'm totally okay... though I always thought it's a normal word... ) but okay no p-word.

Next time you shouldn't take it so serious, I thought the "fun/not-so-serious-aspect" was tellable by reading my post. :friends:

Makes me only wonder why jackass and using-your-mom-talk are not "R-rated"  :dontknow: 

Anyhow, I still don't get the good deal about it.

I mean after shipping and customs and yeah the european price... at least I'd say that this sounds risky.

But that's not my problem, I'm just curious.

I guess a small fish like me will never know :whistle:

Edited by Locutus001

R-rated?

Oh, god...I'll PM you.

Anybody else that is curious it was a 3d figurine that a guy on Reddit had mad of himself at a place called my3dtwin in London. He chose to do his naked and in a funny pose. R- rated was stiff, I would have gone with PG13 as it showed a very tiny ding dong on the statue. LMAO

R-rated?

Guess that refers to the p-word I used that was edited (with what I'm totally okay... though I always thought it's a normal word... ) but okay no p-word.

Next time you shouldn't take it so serious, I thought the "fun/not-so-serious-aspect" was tellable by reading my post. :friends:

Makes me only wonder why jackass and using-your-mom-talk are not "R-rated"  :dontknow:

Anyhow, I still don't get the good deal about it.

I mean after shipping and customs and yeah the european price... at least I'd say that this sounds risky.

But that's not my problem, I'm just curious.

I guess a small fish like me will never know :whistle:

Anything Lego is risky. After all, we are simply buying the same exact cheap plastic pieces over and over again. There is literally no value or nothing unique about the majority of it. The only exception is the packaging/directions won't be made again, until there is a redesign.

I just don't have as many of this set as I would like, and it looked like the easier option was to go to EU and try to stock up. I have done very well in the past doing this, but the freight forwarder I use can't be trusted to handle these larger sets. A "Lego" type person needs to be present, or at least someone who cares a bit more about retail packaging condition.

Well it is almost double retail and only a few months into retirement.  I would say an almost double is pretty good, even if it did not move up for another 9-12 months.  I believe there are quite a few folks willing to sell right now.  I also believe that over the next 12 months they will be fleshed out and it will begin the march over $1000.00. as we draw closer to the movie.  Star Wars fever is pretty remarkable.  I may be tempted at the time and that price to sell a few.