10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Top shelf looks to be buckling from the 10221s' weight. I assume you can continue to use the M.Falcon under the 10221 for support :(

No, that top shelf wasn't straight to begin with. It would look the same with nothing on there. I know five SSD is like 100 lbs...that's really not much more weight than...say, 10 GE's that would fit on the same top shelf.

Also, the MF is not supporting the SSD. There is actually a tiny gap above the MF. I'll post a pic to show. Geez..all this grief about how I'm storing my Legos. Lol I'll chill with the pics for now.

I'm pretty anal about any of my boxes getting damaged, so I think I would know not to damage them. Thx for everyone's concern/imput.

post-388-0-25672600-1410405136_thumb.jpg

Are those small shelves sturdy enough? It looks like a little bump to either shelf will result in those SSD boxes accessorizing the floor.

I think it'll hold up to a 6.0 quake, but not sure about anything more than that. I've bumped, and shook it to test it out already.

Are those small shelves sturdy enough? It looks like a little bump to either shelf will result in those SSD boxes accessorizing the floor.

If these are small shelves, and can hold about 5k worth of Legos each unit, I want to see what a big shelf for Legos looks like. Maybe someone here has some..

The HH is stacked 4 high, and hold up just fine. I know this because I move a lot of Legos around, and haven't seen, or felt any damages from due to my stacking.

These shelves hold up just fine as we'll. = )

as long as you know what you are doing :)

i learned it the hard way{what not to do by} putting 4or5 flat GE and causing the corner to bulge.

these days i only store them length wise single file.

5 SSD is 80lbs.

let me put swimming analogy here.

once you put in michelein around your belly your leg has to work extra hard to keep you afloat free-style. while back-float becomes much easier on the legs and/or you can float much easily on the back...

using shelves is also similar. as long as you change the swimming style based on your body type its less effort otherwise its going to be stressful when center of gravity is not where/around where its suppose to be.

also shelves are not that expensive compared to lego :D

$58 @ walmart : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Edsal-48-W-x-24-D-x-72-****-5-Shelf-Steel-Shelving-Black/21685762

$78 @ lowes: but with appropriate discount can be had for $50 : http://www.lowes.com/pd_101933-1281-CR4824_0__?productId=1000527

they claim 800lb/shelf with total 4000lb total if distributed evenly. we all know that we will never have 800lb in that space in one shelf.

i took above deals from: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/8103-shelving-deals/?hl=shelving+deals

Edited by newbie77

I think it'll hold up to a 6.0 quake, but not sure about anything more than that. I've bumped, and shook it to test it out already.

Relax, no need to be defensive here.  Since you already bump tested with those SSD boxes on top, I won't say a peep about those shelves anymore ;)

If these are small shelves, and can hold about 5k worth of Legos each unit, I want to see what a big shelf for Legos looks like. Maybe someone here has some..

If you must know.. Assuming MSRP, $5k of LEGO is 12x SSD + 1 UCS X-Wing.  This baby here can handle that and many more:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Edsal-48-W-x-24-D-x-72-H-5-Shelf-Steel-Shelving-Black/21685762

they will get expensive everyday :D .. i think price will hover around 650-750 range untill europe sells out.

UK is slowly going.

Lego has gone to out of stock, expected ship date 2 Oct 2014

Smyths has now totally gone (you could still check stock in stores up until a week ago online)

Can