10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

So now the question is do the orders from 7/28-7/30 showing in process come with a mini ploybag since they are project to ship during the month of August?

It would certainly be a nice bonus.

Unless the freebie was added to the original order it won't be there. Getting the ssd is the bonus
  • Like 1

Reading the "rules" of the free polybag:

Offers exclude backorder items, and cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. One free set per household.

Backorders do not qualify.  Bummer.

It would be a nice gesture to include one or more for patiently waiting.

Never really paid attention to those details...might explain why accounts are getting banned putting in multiple orders trying to obtain multiple polybags.

Seriously though what a bonus it would be to find 4 of them in the shipping box.

What perplexes me about the idea you might get banned for getting more than one polybag per household is it auto adds it to your order.  I guess you could go in and intentionally delete it but seriously?  They don't want you to order twice from shop at home for a whole month?  You would think they could implement something so it would not auto add the polybag to your order if you already ordered from that account rather than banning people for it.  Crazy.

What perplexes me about the idea you might get banned for getting more than one polybag per household is it auto adds it to your order.  I guess you could go in and intentionally delete it but seriously?  They don't want you to order twice from shop at home for a whole month?  You would think they could implement something so it would not auto add the polybag to your order if you already ordered from that account rather than banning people for it.  Crazy.

In Europe, CS usually just cancels the polybag from the order. That is what I have read on these forums. It seems like they want to enforce the polybag rule in Europe, but they have no intention of enforcing it in the US.

At least in Germany (and I think also whole Europe) a polybag is automatically added to each order, but gets cancelled manually (after the order went through customer service) if you already received one. So their "one per household" thing works quite well in Europe :sorry:

In Europe, CS usually just cancels the polybag from the order. That is what I have read on these forums. It seems like they want to enforce the polybag rule in Europe, but they have no intention of enforcing it in the US.

I've received multiple Martian Manhunters and now three mini polybags here in the UK. I don't think LEGO Shop at Home are really that bothered about enforcing it.

Heck yeah!  Still have all 5 of my 10227s waiting to be cashed in.  Looks like they are hitting ~$200 on eBay right now.  I might need to consider selling those in a few months.

Also, my SSD has been marked as shipped today.  I wonder if this is it from the U.S. LEGO shop at home since they took down the product page and have cancelled some of the backorders.

The cool thing is, the $99 UCS B-Wings will still have a better ROI than the SSD this Christmas.

Not based on a standardized calculation.  Purchase price is irrelevant to ROR from a standardized view.  RRP for B-wing was 199.95.  Retired in November of 2013.  Current price on average is less than RRP thus a negative ROR. What you or I purchased them at is irrelevant.  10221 SSD RRP 399.95, not currently retired but let us follow history and say official retirement is November 2014 with no change from current prices on Amazon, say ($700).  Ebay will catch up quickly along with BP guide price. Using consistent measuring and relative reliable data the SSD will have a ROR of 75%.  Not really a comparison at all.  The 10227 B-Wing would need to reach $350.00 to be competitive and it would need to do it by April/May of 2014, assuming SSD remained flat for its first full year of retirement.  This is the only way to measure relative returns within a theme or sub-theme like UCS.  Investment basis is different for everyone and cannot be used as a measure to gauge history or the future.

• Like 1