10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Different strokes for different folks.  For people who don't care how an automatic car wash mars paint vs a proper hand wash/detail, the $15 car wash is great.  To the rest (admittedly much smaller population), an automatic car wash is a nightmare and the extra time, money, and effort of a proper detail is worth it.

But in the end, people will find worth in what they find worth in.  I'm sure a majority of the world won't understand why people spend big bucks on plastic toys like Lego but we do it anyway.  :wink:

Listen, I really don't want to derail the thread, but I must defend my bread and butter business.  Quality car washes like mine do not "mar" paint.  We use clean, fresh water to wash a car, unlike a "do-it-yourself" guy with a bucket of dirty water that gets dirtier with each dip of the sponge.  I drive top of the line cars and they never get marred, only enhanced.  I just wanted to point out that people's time is money and wasting it and water washing a car at home could be avoided.  Thanks...

• Like 1

Listen, I really don't want to derail the thread, but I must defend my bread and butter business.  Quality car washes like mine do not "mar" paint.  We use clean, fresh water to wash a car, unlike a "do-it-yourself" guy with a bucket of dirty water that gets dirtier with each dip of the sponge.  I drive top of the line cars and they never get marred, only enhanced.  I just wanted to point out that people's time is money and wasting it and water washing a car at home could be avoided.  Thanks...

2 bucket method!

Thread officially derailed.

• Like 1

I made the DS statement as a definitive statement too!  Now Ed has me thinking I should take a road trip in said car.  Those swirl marks are a pain to polish out though Ed.  Maybe if they have the Maersk ship in stock I could double down.  As a banned member I have confirmed THEY track IP addresses.  I have tried multiple ways of ordering from my phone (prior orders) and my laptop(prior orders) shipping to different billing addresses along with different names and all orders were cancelled immediately.

Swirl marks are not from car wash cloth.  The old school "weed wacker" type of wash material from 20 years ago might have left marks, but the new cloth and foam does not.  The swirls are from friction from just about anything, including hand washing or poor hand waxing/buffing.  

I'm with you... Way too many people around here assume theories are facts. We don't know why 10221 is off the S@H website <the site has experience a full-blown failure and site-crashing traffic lately... maybe 10221 was removed to temporarily restrict traffic>. We don't know if Target got 500 or 10,000 exosuits. We don't even know if the codes really do mean week/year of production.

However, If I had the ability to add a sarcasm award, you'd be the first to get it.

Some people take offense to the sarcasm but it's all in good fun. Some newer members might not get it. I mostly dismiss the codes because everyone is convinced of their validity in relation to EOL. It's cool if people think that they mean something. Anywho let's talk about the thread topic......how cool would a green space suit army be?

Edit oops wrong thread........what about a fleet of SSDs??

• Like 1

Swirl marks are not from car wash cloth.  The old school "weed wacker" type of wash material from 20 years ago might have left marks, but the new cloth and foam does not.  The swirls are from friction from just about anything, including hand washing or poor hand waxing/buffing.  

Ed, just let it go.  The people making these comments are the same people that will say that car washes remove the clear coat from paint.  How many cars have we fixed over the years from the "do-it-yourselfers"?  These are the same people that remove ice from their car with a shovel and wonder where the scratches came from... "oh yea, let's blame the car wash" 

Some people take offense to the sarcasm but it's all in good fun. Some newer members might not get it. I mostly dismiss the codes because everyone is convinced of their validity in relation to EOL. It's cool if people think that they mean something. Anywho let's talk about the thread topic......how cool would a green space suit army be?

Wrong thread for the green army. ;)  But on that note, I ordered two exo suits and a laboratory - I'll keep one exo suit for myself and tuck it away with my other 80s space Lego that I won't let the kids touch. When they are old enough to stop switch body parts I'll pull them out (maybe).

** Edit... to stay relatively on topic. I don't plan on building my SSD until I have a place to display it where the kids can't touch it. My Imperial Shuttle is up on a very high shelf safe from little fingers and the SSD will someday join it out of reach. They have enough Lego to play with <said no one ever, hahaha>. **

• Like 1

Some people take offense to the sarcasm but it's all in good fun. Some newer members might not get it. I mostly dismiss the codes because everyone is convinced of their validity in relation to EOL. It's cool if people think that they mean something.

On the other hand it's funny to see you absolutely convinced they do NOT mean anything. How do YOU know? Seems like you take an opinion as a fact as well. Wasn't that the argumentative style you were just criticising others for?...

Ed, just let it go.  The people making these comments are the same people that will say that car washes remove the clear coat from paint.  How many cars have we fixed over the years from the "do-it-yourselfers"?  These are the same people that remove ice from their car with a shovel and wonder where the scratches came from... "oh yea, let's blame the car wash" 

LOL...A sure way to BrickPicker Purgatory is to bad mouth car washes...Just letting you all know!   :taunt:

• Like 1

These are the same people that remove ice from their car with a shovel and wonder where the scratches came from... "oh yea, let's blame the car wash" 

Hahahaha. I totally did this with my old Grand Cherokee and Avalanche when the snow was so thick the snow brush was useless. (but I didn't blame the car wash :))

I did at least use the plastic end rather than the steel edged-end.

On the other hand it's funny to see you absolutely convinced they do NOT mean anything. How do YOU know? Seems like you take an opinion as a fact as well. Wasn't that the argumentative style you were just criticising others for?...

I've said in the past that I don't think they mean as much as people think they do. It's all good buddy sorry if we're offended by my comments like I said it's all in good fun. We are all here to build cool things with plastic bricks and make a little money doing it!

I've said in the past that I don't think they mean as much as people think they do. It's all good buddy sorry if we're offended by my comments like I said it's all in good fun. We are all here to build cool things with plastic bricks and make a little money doing it!

I am indeed a big friend of sarcasm, no joke. I just think that you are sometimes a little off with WHAT and WHOM you are being sarcastic about. Randomness and sarcasm dont' go too well together - being random and sarcastic just about everything can make sarcasm look more like simple grumpiness in the end, which I am not a big friend of on the other hand. However, that being said, all is cool, mate.

They don't tell you much about EOL, just that if you see new codes, the set is not EOL, yet.

I think in most cases...yes.

At the very least, it is another sign of imminent retirement. I wish I would jot this stuff down. It is more important than the codes.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I gotcha:

I've updated my End of Life Product Statuses Topic to include these new "Missing" statuses for the SSD on Shop.Lego.com and ToysRUs.com

Of note, this is unusual for Lego but common on TRU.

I was able to buy two SSD from Toysrus this morning. They were available for about five minutes and I got lucky. Now my link to the product page doesn't show the SSD at all. I thought it was maybe just a glitch, but I just a got a shipment confirmation. I think ToysRUs is done clearing out the last of their inventory. My link has always worked before now even when it was out of stock for months. I'm kind of over this set and it looks like retailers are too. :)