10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Great catch on the DS limit. It is done as well. Now the question. Should i drive 6.5 hours to hit up two lego stores that each have DS in stock? I'm thinking not, but will process today. Not sure what else they might have that would make it worth it. Would probably get a bunch of mini cooper polybags.

From the other hand - when sets actually disappear? They usually still remain with "retired" status

I think in most cases...yes.

At the very least, it is another sign of imminent retirement. I wish I would jot this stuff down. It is more important than the codes.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Or keep the hat hung up and wash my cars.

Why don't you multitask - wash your car while driving 6.5 hours?  A little duct tape, a crow bar and a brick will get you a long way to freeing your hands up.  Hopefully, you live in fly over country where the plains are long and wide and the highways don't curve...

• Like 1

I think in most cases...yes.

At the very least, it is another sign of imminent retirement. I wish I would jot this stuff down. It is more important than the codes.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I thought the same thing the other day. It'd be awesome if someone recorded the day-to-day fluctuations of availability and labels for multiple exclusives on the Lego store as they approach retirement. Comparing those timelines would be so helpful in interpreting the market behavior of future sets.

I did a Google search for it.  Came up with this link to LEGO Shop at Home.  Shows that the product is not available at this time.  It's a generic page, not the product page for 10221.

If this is truly it for the SSD, this is big news.  Congratulations to everyone for getting to this point.  If you have any in your stock, I hope you got all you needed.

Interesting that the last couple were available earlier this week.  I hope this is it for your sakes.  I never bought any, but will continue to watch how this set does.  I hope it gives you all what you're expecting.

Or keep the hat hung up and wash my cars.

I thought you were smarter than that.   :pleasantry:  I own a car wash and washing a car yourself is a waste of time.  Find a reputable local car wash and use it.  Pay your $7-$10 and go buy a 10188.  

Think about it...How long does it take you to drag a hose and bucket/soap/sponge/towels out and wash and dry a car properly?  45 minutes?  1 hour or more to do it correctly?  Then you have to put the stuff away and you waste water/chemical in the meantime.  Basically, your hour of time was worth $7-$10.  If I said to you that I will pay you $7 an hour for financial advice, you would tell me to get lost.  Time is money...Ed Mack "Tip of the Day."

• Like 5

I thought you were smarter than that.  I own a car wash and washing a car yourself is a waste of time.  Find a reputable local car wash and use it.  Pay your $7-$10 and go buy a 10188.  

Think about it...How long does it take you to drag a hose and bucket/soap/sponge/towels out and wash and dry a car properly?  45 minutes?  1 hour or more to do it correctly?  Then you have to put the stuff away and you waste water/chemical in the meantime.  Basically, your hour of time was worth $7-$10.  If I said to you that I will pay you $7 an hour for financial advice, you would tell me to get lost.  Time is money...Ed Mack "Tip of the Day."

Different strokes for different folks.  For people who don't care how an automatic car wash mars paint vs a proper hand wash/detail, the $15 car wash is great.  To the rest (admittedly much smaller population), an automatic car wash is a nightmare and the extra time, money, and effort of a proper detail is worth it.

But in the end, people will find worth in what they find worth in.  I'm sure a majority of the world won't understand why people spend big bucks on plastic toys like Lego but we do it anyway.  :wink:

• Like 1

I made the DS statement as a definitive statement too!  Now Ed has me thinking I should take a road trip in said car.  Those swirl marks are a pain to polish out though Ed.  Maybe if they have the Maersk ship in stock I could double down.  As a banned member I have confirmed THEY track IP addresses.  I have tried multiple ways of ordering from my phone (prior orders) and my laptop(prior orders) shipping to different billing addresses along with different names and all orders were cancelled immediately.

We totally need a sarcasm award... You and Mos have certainly earned it lately.

It's my natural defense against silly comments, can't help it. Just for an example if someone was to say "I THINK that since the limit has changed to two this could mean retirement is imminent", you wouldn't hear a peep from me. My patience is thin for people who exclaim they know things for certain when that's obviously not the case.

Speaking of sarcasm what happened to anikinisvader??

The BP Banhammer ... He was asked to tone down the sarcasm, I guess he decided that didn't suit him.

To add my .10 about 10221... I have four, keeping one for myself. That's all the space/funds I have for this monster of a set and I for one will be very happy if it is indeed retired.

I need some money to pay for some technic sets. That new Volvo is calling my name.

Nothing is more important that the codes!!!! Nothing!!

No one ever said this on this forum or anywhere else. Codes have SOME importance in SOME regards. The only really ridculous thing about them is people making themselves look like idiots by religious-like denying they could have ANY relevance. Even Ed noted that in some cases knowing the codes could help. What is so hard about just accepting they are not 100% irrelevant?

• Like 1

It's my natural defense against silly comments, can't help it. Just for an example if someone was to say "I THINK that since the limit has changed to two this could mean retirement is imminent", you wouldn't hear a peep from me. My patience is thin for people who exclaim they know things for certain when that's obviously not the case.

I'm with you... Way too many people around here assume theories are facts. We don't know why 10221 is off the S@H website <the site has experience a full-blown failure and site-crashing traffic lately... maybe 10221 was removed to temporarily restrict traffic>. We don't know if Target got 500 or 10,000 exosuits. We don't even know if the codes really do mean week/year of production.

Nothing is more important that the codes!!!! Nothing!!

However, If I had the ability to add a sarcasm award, you'd be the first to get it.