10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

No speculation required. The ban hammer simply became self aware. After banning the world, its creators are trying to contain it with little success.

An employee who identified themselves as a public spokesperson sent a media broadcast email with the following contents:

"Hello,

In an effort to reinforce existing Lego policies. I am sending this message to you.

The Lego shop has imposed limits on all non-ABS based life forms. To make oxygen, carbon, and other popular elements available for all carbon-based life forms, including those composed of ABS, we will limit consumption of these elements to end user consumption. We reserve the right to cancel you if we suspect they are being used for resale.

Furthermore, all these worlds are yours except Europa. Attempt no landing there."

Nobody updates anything in production in a middle of business day, unless it is a reaction to something bad occurring. Might be some security thing...

every company does. gone were the days when the changes were pushed out only @ perceived offline and/or middle of night and/or weekends.

name the top line e-commerce sites changes are pushed every day. sometimes multiple times per day.

looks like they were not prepared for what happened :D. it took them more than 4 hours to actually reroute traffic to a landing page/bring the web-server up. that's pathetic ops :D

Well my rookie mistake cost me an SSD last night. Placed my first LEGO Shop at Home home order ever for an SSD, I live in Canada, ordered it through US LEGO Shop at Home and put a freight company for my shipping address. Everything went through fine and dandy then I get an email today saying my residential address doesn't match the shipping address. Call customer service to place my order through them. So I did that about 2hrs after receiving the email (was at work). The cs basically said since the shipping/residential didn't match the order it is automatically canceled and the set goes to the next person in line. She also broke my heart saying that is the last of them... EVER! Man I hope she's wrong! Soooooooo pissed at myself!!! Lesson learned.

Well my rookie mistake cost me an SSD last night. Placed my first LEGO Shop at Home home order ever for an SSD, I live in Canada, ordered it through US LEGO Shop at Home and put a freight company for my shipping address. Everything went through fine and dandy then I get an email today saying my residential address doesn't match the shipping address. Call customer service to place my order through them. So I did that about 2hrs after receiving the email (was at work). The cs basically said since the shipping/residential didn't match the order it is automatically canceled and the set goes to the next person in line. She also broke my heart saying that is the last of them... EVER! Man I hope she's wrong! Soooooooo pissed at myself!!! Lesson learned.

Why would you send to the US?

At 10% exchange $400 becomes $440

Assuming you pay some retail tax (I'll use 8%), brings up you to $475

And unless your choice is to sneak it across the border or stay the night, you add our tax onto that.

Does it really offer you more savings?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Ha-ha! "Last one"! ROFL

No, they started with a bunch of other exclusives. General opinion -scam of some sort

Btw, anyone getting SSDs from TRU right now?

i think i finally figured out TRU web system.

a. they seem to have separate inventory field they refer to for the checkout flow and web flow.

for example:

b. first field is "available to sell online"

c. second field is "available to ship online"

d. as long as first field is not zero they show green on "Ship to Home"

e. second field is used to control the items which can be added to the cart for checkout.

when someone places an order they are updating the second field. and not updating the first one until the item passes through the "allow cancellation window." Most likely when that expires then only they update the "first field".

this flow explains why the "ship to home" is available but can't buy the item.

There is not a chance thats the last one ever. SO don't worry.

• Like 1

And unless your choice is to sneak it across the border or stay the night, you add our tax onto that.

In the end, I would have saved $80. I think state tax is approx. 9% and my gst/pst is 12%. On such an expensive set I think it's worth the trouble, especially since I literally live a 5 minute drive from the US border and I can't remember the last time I've been sent in to pay duty even when I'm truthful with the amount that I have spent shopping in one day. The reason why I thought I was free and clear is everything went through on the website and finalized. I would have figured they wouldn't let me complete the purchase if the shipping/billing address didn't jive. This is a hard one to swallow givin' the sets circumstances.

i think i finally figured out TRU web system.

a. they seem to have separate inventory field they refer to for the checkout flow and web flow.

for example:

b. first field is "available to sell online"

c. second field is "available to ship online"

d. as long as first field is not zero they show green on "Ship to Home"

e. second field is used to control the items which can be added to the cart for checkout.

when someone places an order they are updating the second field. and not updating the first one until the item passes through the "allow cancellation window." Most likely when that expires then only they update the "first field".

this flow explains why the "ship to home" is available but can't buy the item.

My thinking is different. I guess they have light-weight inventory check and "expensive" inventory check. Light-weight is for product page, expensive is for anything requiring interaction, like add to cart button or checkout

He ordered from US Lego Shop @ Home so your only option is shipping to a US address.

Target and Walmart aren't too picky about shipping to border parcel services. TRU usually lets it go (TRU.com won't ship Lego across the border but they'll do most other toys) and Lego never does. I imagine if you had a US billing address it would be OK, but as soon as you mix the CDN/US addresses they nix the order.

He ordered from US Lego Shop @ Home so your only option is shipping to a US address.

Target and Walmart aren't too picky about shipping to border parcel services. TRU usually lets it go (TRU.com won't ship Lego across the border but they'll do most other toys) and Lego never does. I imagine if you had a US billing address it would be OK, but as soon as you mix the CDN/US addresses they nix the order.

Oh, I got that he ordered from the US and figured he may live close (I am 90 minutes away, so I would never order 1 thing, it's not worth it).

But I was looking at the value of

$400 (US retail) x US sales tax (his 9%) x exchange rate (10%) which equals $479.60

Retail in Canada is $499.99 and (my assumption) would be paying tax bringing it back) which would mean he would save only $20.39

However, if he's saving $65 in tax by not declaring or not being challenged, then it makes sense if he is close (another variable)

Oh, I got that he ordered from the US and figured he may live close (I am 90 minutes away, so I would never order 1 thing, it's not worth it).

But I was looking at the value of

$400 (US retail) x US sales tax (his 9%) x exchange rate (10%) which equals $479.60

Retail in Canada is $499.99 and (my assumption) would be paying tax bringing it back) which would mean he would save only $20.39

However, if he's saving $65 in tax by not declaring or not being challenged, then it makes sense if he is close (another variable)

The LEGO Shop at Home reps don't have the whole story.  I added a SSD in my cart on Tues morning but waited a little too long and it was gone.  I called LEGO Shop at Home to see if they could somehow get my order in and they said that the SSD is OOP and has been gone for months, even though I told her it was there in the morning, claiming what I saw must've been a mistake.  Later in the day, it came back and I put an order in for late Sept delivery.