10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

... and no longer has a job. doubt entry level would have access to perform updates to prod worldwide. waiting for pricing errors when its back up :)

Nobody updates anything in production in a middle of business day, unless it is a reaction to something bad occurring. Might be some security thing...
You'd be shocked at how many organizations still do "quick updates" or "quick fixes" directly on Production servers :)

... and no longer has a job. doubt entry level would have access to perform updates to prod worldwide. waiting for pricing errors when its back up :)

dude lowered SSD to 200 and ordered 1254 sets of it.

fired is fired; but enough to live for the next 3 years.

I think they have something up their sleeve. Cause there is not even a message saying it is down. The least they should do is inform people. Especially if it takes so long.

Now I cannot go to sleep cause I do not want to miss the site coming back up and all nice sales or retirement tags are there on big exclusives.

Well I needed to contribute some how.  All this talk of tech makes my ears bleed.  Need to work on an estate plan right now and don't feel like it.

Haha,.. On that note, we are in sync.I have "IT" stuff to work on right and I don't feel like it.

what you see and where the information is stored and getting pulled from are two different realms. the site has been down since since about 11:30 EST, it must be the back end that crapped out or got compromised hence they just took the site offline. most places have transparent mirroring. heartbleed?

I'm with you on mirroring.. In fact, that's part of load balancing anyways.

I was thinking along the lines of a site vulnerability allowing someone into the depths they don't belong or if you have an infrastructure failure at the data center where your servers are hosted. If you aren't balancing/mirroring at entirely separate locations, someone usually needs to "flip a switch" to turn on your backups.

This on the other hand appears to be something much more serious... but it is helping me get to the next posting milestone of 750 posts. :aggressive:

Six months from now everyone is going to get an email saying they were hacked and all personal information was lost.  We admit no fault, here are 10 VIP points for the trouble.

I think that they would be a little more generous with the VIP points, say like 10,000 points for your trouble.

Anybody else suddenly notice a dozen new eBay listings for SSD from a couple different 0 feedback accounts based in China?

Maybe it's out of stock in the US because a couple pallets "fell off a truck" somewhere in Hong Kong...

No, they started with a bunch of other exclusives. General opinion -scam of some sort

Btw, anyone getting SSDs from TRU right now?

Anybody else suddenly notice a dozen new eBay listings for SSD from a couple different 0 feedback accounts based in China?

Maybe it's out of stock in the US because a couple pallets "fell off a truck" somewhere in Hong Kong...

Someone else mentioned this in another thread about this being a scam. There have been lots of similar listings (multiples, zero feedback seller from China) for other expensive sets (Tower Bridge, Imperial Shuttle, Imperial Flagship, etc)