10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

"and other topics" in the title grants immunity

Excellent, maybe we can discuss if we should make a youtube video when the iPhone 6 comes out and place one inside an assembled unglued SSD and launch it from the 4th floor of a building, what happens to the iPhone and to the SSD.  I am curious.

Excellent, maybe we can discuss if we should make a youtube video when the iPhone 6 comes out and place one inside an assembled unglued SSD and launch it from the 4th floor of a building, what happens to the iPhone and to the SSD.  I am curious.

Don't you think the awesomeness of the iPhone 6 will make SSD fly up?

Too many steps involved. I'd rather watch the SSD vs DS video again when I am in the mood for destructions.. At least I am not stcuk with the cleanups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuxM-avNfLo

• Like 1

That's probably why they add those items earlier... so the switch flip can be quick and painless.

This outage seems pretty serious - the "Shop @ Home Canada" site is offline too. Outages during the business day are pretty uncommon nowadays.

this isnt bricklink, sites like shop at home dont go down for maintenance, especially not during the day. even if one DC caught fire they have a DR site. it appears the outage is worldwide. all the changes are done in the background DB's, no switches to flip

this isnt bricklink, sites like shop at home dont go down for maintenance, especially not during the day. even if one DC caught fire they have a DR site. it appears the outage is worldwide. all the changes are done in the background DB's, no switches to flip

Well, let's all hope for some Big Zoo / Vampyre Hearse action once site is up. Or even SSDs at half off? Maybe they end up with interesting prices in DB after recovery...

Yeah, I know... I'm one of those IT guys.

If the website portion of your ecommerce site goes down, *something* still needs to tell the other site to spin up. In cases of major infrastructure failures, that can fail to happen and the other site would be turned on "manually."

In cases where its the backend that suddenly goes poof (or is hacked) you won't just blindly turn your backup site back on until you understand what happens... especially when you are dealing with the kinds of money and personal data Lego deals with on a day-to-day basis.

PS http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2013/01/04/disaster-recovery-is-not-business-continuity/

It is on behalf of greenpeace who wants TLG to stop using Shell oil who are prepping to drill the arctic.

Yeah, I know... I'm one of those IT guys.

If the website portion of your ecommerce site goes down, *something* still needs to tell the other site to spin up. In cases of major infrastructure failures, that can fail to happen and the other site would be turned on "manually."

In cases where its the backend that suddenly goes poof (or is hacked) you won't just blindly turn your backup site back on until you understand what happens... especially when you are dealing with the kinds of money and personal data Lego deals with on a day-to-day basis.

PS http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2013/01/04/disaster-recovery-is-not-business-continuity/

what you see and where the information is stored and getting pulled from are two different realms. the site has been down since since about 11:30 EST, it must be the back end that crapped out or got compromised hence they just took the site offline. most places have transparent mirroring. heartbleed?

My money is on an entry level programmer who updated codes in production server OR moved poorly tested codes from Dev straight to Prod

My money is on an entry level programmer who updated codes in production server OR moved poorly tested codes from Dev straight to Prod

... and no longer has a job. doubt entry level would have access to perform updates to prod worldwide. waiting for pricing errors when its back up :)