10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Actually the 55K/year is after taxes.  168K/2=84K per year.

Now that is a decent job (at least here in the mid-west it is). Sure it is not top of the line but it is loads better than fastfood or home depot.  Taxes would not be the full 35%.  At this point there would be no reason not to convert everything to a business and start chipping away the tax rate with better business related deductions.

You might want to seek some advice.  I do this for a living.  You are a business anyway you slice it, buy definition you are a sole proprietor (worst possible tax situation).

They were already on the site. Just "Add to cart" button was disabled. I highly doubt they need to bring entire shopping site down to flip the switch

That's probably why they add those items earlier... so the switch flip can be quick and painless.

This outage seems pretty serious - the "Shop @ Home Canada" site is offline too. Outages during the business day are pretty uncommon nowadays.

Maybe they are updating their site with all the new sets that are coming out on August 1st? 

Doubtful, they would do this in the middle of the night if that was the case.  No ecommerce site would take themselves down in the middle of the business day on purpose.  I'm guessing an intern accidentally unplugged something in the Lego server farm.

Doubtful, they would do this in the middle of the night if that was the case.  No ecommerce site would take themselves down in the middle of the business day on purpose.  I'm guessing an intern accidentally unplugged something in the Lego server farm.

lego.com itself is functioning. just shop.lego.com part went up in flames. Hope it's not our scripts that killed it...  LOL