10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?sID=323178&itemID=38260910  (I hope links are ok to post)

Not immediate flipping price for sure, but for those that can hold for a year or so. 

And considering they've built in shipping into the price, it looks more attractive for sure.

Can you imagine buying this? And lego gets the word and decides to start production again on this set just to bug you?

God, that's an awful deal. You'd think he'd discount the sets if you buy in bulk, but they're actually more expensive than on ebay.

I'd say by offering free shipping (on a pallet), he is discounting the deal, probably by a fair amount.

If you had 1200 of them and that was your business, how much would you sell them for?

I'd say by offering free shipping (on a pallet), he is discounting the deal, probably by a fair amount.

If you had 1200 of them and that was your business, how much would you sell them for?

Maybe Toys R Us will buy them all? Or Amazon?

If I would buy these 1200 pcs... I would be convicted on selling them through ebay. Which would take me exactly 5 years with the 20 ads per month limit. 

I agree that it seems SW is not as popular outside the North American continent. I used to work with some contractors in Chennai and used gtalk to IM with them. One day I changed my profile pic to Chewbacca and he immediately responded by asking why I would change my picture to a horrible monster. I replied it was Chewie and found myself engaged in a side conversation with a 30 year-old with no knowledge of SW whatsoever. His position: if the heroes don't sing and dance, the movie won't make it in India. Keep that in mind for episode VII...

There was plenty of singing and dancing the Star Wars Christmas Special...

Also, consider his age.  I'm 42.  I was just shy of 5 when Star Wars came out.  If he's 30, then he was born just as the dark ages set in.  He didn't have Star Wars on a big screen (or even easily on a small screen) to captivate him.

Maybe you manage to get 1200 with free shipping and worked him down to $250 US dollars.

Spend 300,000.00 to make 168,000.00 in two years.

Wait another 1-2 years I and I suspect you could sell each for about 450.00.  Making ~140.00/set x 1200 sets = 168000.

But...time, taxes and other incidentals will certainly eat into that overly simplified equation

After 35% taxes you could make up to ~55K a year.  Not bad.

Maybe you manage to get 1200 with free shipping and worked him down to $250 US dollars.

Wait another 1-2 years I and I suspect you could sell each for about 450.00.  Making ~140.00/set x 1200 sets = 168000.

But...time, taxes and other incidentals will certainly eat into that overly simplified equation

you do not pay 35% in taxes on 55K per year.  As a business the tax bite would be minimal.

Also, if this Hong Kong seller is legit, I'm sure the price could be negotiated.

Given the perception how expensive Lego is in Asia (with buyers going to the extent of using freight-forwarding to buy stuff from US), i find it suspicious why wouldn't the seller be able to unload at good price but in smaller bulk lots

Given the perception how expensive Lego is in Asia (with buyers going to the extent of using freight-forwarding to buy stuff from US), i find it suspicious why wouldn't the seller be able to unload at good price but in smaller bulk lots

just speculations.

How much would it cost to actually KO FB in local currency there?

We have quite some bootleg figures already.

who would be up in that hour?

6 hours ago the whole country is still in bed.

that would be 2AM PST or 5AM EST. there are lot more serious players in this game :)

most likely the TRU stock is few stragglers. i am doubting if its any more than 10.

last time when i placed few orders; they only fulfilled 1 and back-ordered the rest. and it took them total of 2 weeks to fulfill the rest. its surprising that all of them with the exception of 1 was shipped from Forest Park, ***. so i don't know their story

Right.  I buy all sorts of collectibles from Hong Kong and the surrounding areas and prices are fairly competitive.  

Extrapolation fallacy alert.

you do not pay 35% in taxes on 55K per year.  As a business the tax bite would be minimal.

Actually the 55K/year is after taxes.  168K/2=84K per year.

Now that is a decent job (at least here in the mid-west it is). Sure it is not top of the line but it is loads better than fastfood or home depot.  Taxes would not be the full 35%.  At this point there would be no reason not to convert everything to a business and start chipping away the tax rate with better business related deductions.