10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Guest TabbyBoy

I got one in my cart. Will it stay there till Friday when I get some cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I doubt it.

Very much alive and kicking in the UK with a max. order of 5.

It seems to me that the large exclusive SW sets are poor sellers in the UK and Europe. First the discounts and now a never ending supply of SSDs makes me think there are about 20 resellers outside US borders. LOL

It seems to me that the large exclusive SW sets are poor sellers in the UK and Europe. First the discounts and now a never ending supply of SSDs makes me think there are about 20 resellers outside US borders. LOL

I agree that it seems SW is not as popular outside the North American continent. I used to work with some contractors in Chennai and used gtalk to IM with them. One day I changed my profile pic to Chewbacca and he immediately responded by asking why I would change my picture to a horrible monster. I replied it was Chewie and found myself engaged in a side conversation with a 30 year-old with no knowledge of SW whatsoever. His position: if the heroes don't sing and dance, the movie won't make it in India. Keep that in mind for episode VII...

In any case, if the sets are widely available across the pond, I would welcome any BP member who could look into shipping costs to get them over to the US sharing 1) willingness and 2) prices asked. Even with shipping, a set bought at MSRP would probably be less to get to the states than it is to buy from TRU or Target. Since all US retailers are sold out and sporadically pushing out limited numbers - presumably returns or stashed caches - I think we will see this get the 'Retiring Soon' banner Aug 1, when the new star destroyer goes up for sale.

I agree that it seems SW is not as popular outside the North American continent. I used to work with some contractors in Chennai and used gtalk to IM with them. One day I changed my profile pic to Chewbacca and he immediately responded by asking why I would change my picture to a horrible monster. I replied it was Chewie and found myself engaged in a side conversation with a 30 year-old with no knowledge of SW whatsoever. His position: if the heroes don't sing and dance, the movie won't make it in India. Keep that in mind for episode VII...

In any case, if the sets are widely available across the pond, I would welcome any BP member who could look into shipping costs to get them over to the US sharing 1) willingness and 2) prices asked. Even with shipping, a set bought at MSRP would probably be less to get to the states than it is to buy from TRU or Target. Since all US retailers are sold out and sporadically pushing out limited numbers - presumably returns or stashed caches - I think we will see this get the 'Retiring Soon' banner Aug 1, when the new star destroyer goes up for sale.

I am 100% sure Chewbacca will be singing in Episode 7. 

Do you want to build the snowman....  wait, what?  Ah! Do you want to shoot stormtroopers? Come on, lets go and shoot

349.99 GBP = $592 US, shipping from the UK is about 125 GBP.  (another $211 US)

399.99 Euro = $535 US. shipping from Germany, which is amongst the lowest shipping price is 48 Euro (or another $65 US)

Does not take into account any sales tax paid at source either.

So, in other words, you'd be better buying for $100 more in the US>

349.99 GBP = $592 US, shipping from the UK is about 125 GBP.  (another $211 US)

399.99 Euro = $535 US. shipping from Germany, which is amongst the lowest shipping price is 48 Euro (or another $65 US)

Does not take into account any sales tax paid at source either.

So, in other words, you'd be better buying for $100 more in the US>

Unless you ship over a pallet of them...

Unless you ship over a pallet of them...

True, but... 

For anyone that worried about tying up their money for an extra 2 or even 6 months

and still doesn't want to pay $100 more from "scalper retail" (because that cuts in when they scalp them themselves)

I'm sure buying a pallet worth isn't in the plan.

Although, if anyone would be interested in buying a pallet of Fire Brigades  (128 or more), there is a source that has 1254 of them.and they will ship for free.

True, but... 

For anyone that worried about tying up their money for an extra 2 or even 6 months

and still doesn't want to pay $100 more from "scalper retail" (because that cuts in when they scalp them themselves)

Although, if anyone would be interested in buying a pallet of Fire Brigades  (128 or more), there is a source that has 1254 of them.and they will ship for free.

Pallet of Fire Brigades?  Asking price?

True, but...

Although, if anyone would be interested in buying a pallet of Fire Brigades (128 or more), there is a source that has 1254 of them.and they will ship for free.

Someone organize a brick picker Group Buy. I am in for 20 if price is right.
  • Like 1