10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

i got one from walmart! i would like to make an observation about walmart shipping: everyone seems to be complaining about walmart slapping labels directly onto the lego box. has anyone ever tried the more expensive shipping options from walmart? maybe if you cough up the extra 10$ they will put it in a box with some packing tape for you.

Depends on the part of the country you live in.  In NJ, Walmart has excellent packaging.

i got one from walmart! i would like to make an observation about walmart shipping: everyone seems to be complaining about walmart slapping labels directly onto the lego box. has anyone ever tried the more expensive shipping options from walmart? maybe if you cough up the extra 10$ they will put it in a box with some packing tape for you.

Yeah...  I picture it like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfNzZre-sIU

• Like 1

That extra $10 is non-refundable should you decide to return the damaged item

This did not work for me on a TB order.

A friend on mine ordered from Walmart's last round of SDDs a week or so ago. He contacted CS right after the order was placed and requested that they be shipped in boxes. CS said they couldn't guarantee it but they would try. He received both in separate shipping boxes, mint.

Nothing like seeing middle aged men trying to get in touch with their inner street cred...Slap me some skin!

Don't hate ; appreciate..( couldn't help my help).

Back on topic: interesting that Lego and WM had some SSD on the same day , and more intriguing is how fast they poofed .

Possibly done to cover Canadian distributed sets..?

More than likely... In Canada, the "name" and "units" of the product must be in English and French. In Quebec, even more must be in French.... which translates to usually pretty much everything is in both languages to facilitate distribution. The sets I buy from S@H always come from the US (usually MS).

More than likely... In Canada, the "name" and "units" of the product must be in English and French. In Quebec, even more must be in French.... which translates to usually pretty much everything is in both languages to facilitate distribution. The sets I buy from LEGO Shop at Home always come from the US (usually MS).

Plenty of my LOTR sets have both English and French writings.

Be on the look out, another SSD might be available soon. I just canceled my order, since these might be Canadian SSDs.

Even ones I've bought from LEGO Shop at Home that were delivered to the US had French writing on them.

It simply doesn't make sense for Lego to do "Canadian" boxes and "US" boxes if you are shipping from the same location.

And strictly speaking, if Lego did want to do this, why would anyone (that finds any reason to put a premium on things) NOT want a Canadian box rather than a US box.

In terms of volume, it makes sense that they make fewer Canadian ones that American ones.

Then they can slap that pointless "rare" label on it.

(Note, Hasbro has produced action figures with uni-lingual packaging, Bilingual packaging as well as Tri-lingual packaging)