10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

I wonder if Lego is just testing the market to see how many they can sell in the next few weeks before they even produce them.  This way they can generate sales from stragglers without over producing before they retire it for good.  This is one way to "beat up" investors a little who don't want anymore made.

Does Lego charge when they ship? Or when the order is placed?

charged when its ship. but its put on hold. so depending on your credit card. sometimes it stays away from your limit all the period for months. for some the temporaty hold goes away and its not reflected anywhere. but is charged few days after the item is shipped.

so watch out if you have limited budget and balance. very easy to go over the credit line for smaller limit card and if using single card for all purchases....

Interesting. September 15 appears to have some significance. TB and GE just flipped to "ship date Sep 15" (and SSD started with Sep 14 as ship date). The barge is coming? Or extra special production run - code name "Screw You, Reseller Scum"

If Lego were to ban every person who ordered an ssd over the last 2 hours deeming that they are resellers, they will probably get it 99% right. Lol
  • Like 1

In for another.  

Interesting. September 15 appears to have some significance. TB and GE just flipped to "ship date Sep 15" (and SSD started with Sep 14 as ship date). The barge is coming? Or extra special production run  - code name "Screw You, Reseller Scum"

A large amount of sets retire in the Nov-Dec time frame.  The codes will tell a lot in this case.  Is it a new production run or the run from Europe?  Maybe the sales of the SSDs in Europe were so weak they moved some of the inventory to the US.  If it is the Europe stock, then the SSD is probably done, along with a large amount of other exclusive sets.  If it is a new run, then LEGO will hurt many short term investors/filppers and their philosophy going forward.  It is quite possible that LEGO has always shifted inventory around to meet demand and most people never paid attention.  

Personally, I look at it as another chance to buy a dynamite set that will appreciate very, very well.  

• Like 1

In for another.  

A large amount of sets retire in the Nov-Dec time frame.  The codes will tell a lot in this case.  Is it a new production run or the run from Europe?  Maybe the sales of the SSDs in Europe were so weak they moved some of the inventory to the US.  If it is the Europe stock, then the SSD is probably done, along with a large amount of other exclusive sets.  If it is a new run, then LEGO will hurt many short term investors/filppers and their philosophy going forward.  It is quite possible that LEGO has always shifted inventory around to meet demand and most people never paid attention.  

Personally, I look at it as another chance to buy a dynamite set that will appreciate very, very well.  

And now we wait for rockefeller make a joke out of your silly beliefs in silly codes...

• Like 3

If Lego were to ban every person who ordered an ssd over the last 2 hours deeming that they are resellers, they will probably get it 99% right. Lol

dont let the cat out of the bag :D. jfyi i did not place an order :). i already have enough SSD. no need to get greedy.