10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

IMHO, i tend to agree that #10221 is gone. most likely it was not a great seller in US. except like all hot-potatoes this one got a big boost following a scarcity and unavailability from LEGO Shop at Home and official lego store.

target put a floor of 499. Sellers @ amazon and ebay following 700 to match that price so that whoever bought them can make a quick flip and pass on the hot-potatoes :D

i still think that there is some inventory here and there(which must be very scarce) that are going to trickle down.

btw, i need to thank all the posts about the WM and TRU availability on the forum which enabled me to gather few of this iconic build. I thought that this would last till October and was in a panic mode to gather some. but rest assured i did not fall to target's $499. neither $249 GE from target.

rfish, I have been working with the public since 1985. I deal with thousands of customers a week and have realized one thing...people don't pay attention to signs, notes or anything that requires people to follow directions and/or explains something. I can put notes all over the forums and many people won't read them. That is the nature of the internet.

bp_1406270919__far_side_school_for_the_g
  • Like 3

rfish, I have been working with the public since 1985. I deal with thousands of customers a week and have realized one thing...people don't pay attention to signs, notes or anything that requires people to follow directions and/or explains something. I can put notes all over the forums and many people won't read them. That is the nature of the internet.

As for EOL information, it's all just a guess isn't it? We can look at some telltale signs and make an educated guess, but it's still a guess until LEGO states it's retired. I believe there are some LEGO store employees that know what is going on. They care and pay attention to conversations, stock levels, and information like we do. Some might have access to official LEGO documents. The only way to really crack the EOL equation is to continue to discuss it and welcome new members that might have some useful information to share.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

It is true, signs sometimes even give the opposite effect. I work in a controlled environment where  you need to use a badge to get out of the room. I had an issue with people pushing the light switch to try and open the door so I put on a label saying "Pressing this will not open the door" and weirdly enough, now more people push the damn light switch more than before!

How do you know this?

Lets hope they will do a nice sale on them like they did last year around Xmas.

I was wrong, Collishop is having 56 delivered 31/7. Just do a 99 piece query on the database. But I saw somewhere it had incoming in August. Problem is with all the sites I look at, I can't remember where I did see it :( And yes, hope for a nice reductions on that one.... and the B-wing finally cuz I want one of the 27 remaining!!

I was wrong, Collishop is having 56 delivered 31/7. Just do a 99 piece query on the database. But I saw somewhere it had incoming in August. Problem is with all the sites I look at, I can't remember where I did see it :( And yes, hope for a nice reductions on that one.... and the B-wing finally cuz I want one of the 27 remaining!!

That's not what it means. They don't get a shipment on 31/7. They have several warehouses with a total stock of 98. If you order all of them today, you'll get 42 of them the 29th and the rest two days later because it's in a different warehouse.

That's not what it means. They don't get a shipment on 31/7. They have several warehouses with a total stock of 98. If you order all of them today, you'll get 42 of them the 29th and the rest two days later because it's in a different warehouse.

Thanks for explaining. No matter it does mean that there still is a huge pile of SSD's available there.

To throw my grain of salt out there, St. Louis Lego hasn't had a SSD for 6 months and the guy that rung up the last grand emporium in the store said "I'm pretty sure with the new star destroyer they're done with the old one"....take it for what you will. I was just stoked on the GE purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Here's a bit of pure speculation: The new Star Wars movies are set after the original trilogy ended.  So the Executor is long gone; no reason for lego to keep making that puppy.  On the other hand, there are still a ton of plain old-fashioned normal star destroyers floating around the galaxy.  Lego has to have noticed the popularity (and secondary market price) of the first UCS star destroyer.  Seems to me the moment (within the next year or so) is right for a remake of that classic.  There is a precedent; the second UCS X-Wing is in production right now.  It does seem unlikely that Lego would want to keep both a UCS SD and UCS SSD in production at the same time.  For North America, there will be a gap during which neither is available.  But for the rest of the world (where the SSD is still in stock and "available now") the transition might be almost seamless.

On another note, I don't think Lego has anything against producing UCS and non-UCS models of the same ship at the same time.  They've done that with the Falcon, Y-Wing, and X-Wing (and are doing it now) for years.

Here's a bit of pure speculation: The new Star Wars movies are set after the original trilogy ended.  So the Executor is long gone; no reason for lego to keep making that puppy.  On the other hand, there are still a ton of plain old-fashioned normal star destroyers floating around the galaxy.  Lego has to have noticed the popularity (and secondary market price) of the first UCS star destroyer.  Seems to me the moment (within the next year or so) is right for a remake of that classic.  There is a precedent; the second UCS X-Wing is in production right now.  It does seem unlikely that Lego would want to keep both a UCS SD and UCS SSD in production at the same time.  For North America, there will be a gap during which neither is available.  But for the rest of the world (where the SSD is still in stock and "available now") the transition might be almost seamless.

On another note, I don't think Lego has anything against producing UCS and non-UCS models of the same ship at the same time.  They've done that with the Falcon, Y-Wing, and X-Wing (and are doing it now) for years.

I don't see a Star Destroyer being redone after a SSD.  The Slave i is coming late this year, then you are into 2015 and the new movie will be released with probably a ton of STAR WARS sets in the last quarter, which will be based on the new movie models.  You will see a new Falcon  before a Star Destroyer.

A bit of topic, but I would have thought that the UCS Slave I would have been introduced by now... No updates yet from SDCC. Do you have any news regarding The introduction of The Slave I Ed?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

A bit of topic, but I would have thought that the UCS Slave I would have been introduced by now... No updates yet from SDCC. Do you have any news regarding The introduction of The Slave I Ed?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

Why?  It's only July.  There are still 5 months left in the year and the holidays are coming.  LEGO always likes to save its best for Nov-Dec.  It's coming.

Why?  It's only July.  There are still 5 months left in the year and the holidays are coming.  LEGO always likes to save its best for Nov-Dec.  It's coming.

Rumor was that I might be introduced during SDCC. or at least "a whole new exclusive Lego set"... 

aaah crap, I never thought of that one as an UCS model. I was so focused on the Slave 1 as a "replacement" of the SSD... there goes my excitement ;)

You aren't excited for the Tumbler??? I personally think it is an outstanding model. It will be a nice surprise if the Slave I ends up even better, but it has tough competition, and I have doubts.