10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Hi guys, 

some feedback from the European market where SSD's are stil "plentyfull" available at 350 - 400 E price point.

I've mailed 2 shops from France and the Netherlands to get the delivery date of the SSD you can still order on their website (not in stock)

They confirm beginning of August.

another sign if a new SSD run coming around that date.

So it seems Europe will have time to accumulate SSD's.

For the GE, the picture is mixed, but looks like end of August there could be another wave.

hope this helps a little.

regards,  

• Like 1

While we are on box art, and manual art.  Printing and fulfillment is my day job.  Inventory SKU control for a multi-billion dollar company is a big deal.  It does not mean  updating artwork on a manual or box  can't be done, if you want to it can be.  But what you have to understand is the part # on the manual or box will change and you will have to pay your artistic staff to update it, your printing company for new proofs, and then the job is a revision and not a reprint so it all costs more.  Then the SKU # changes and you have to put in a supercession trail for your manufacturing plants and then they have to have adjusted build orders.  It may sound simple.  It is not.  You can hire staff to manage all the aspects and then do this.  It is not a problem.  The steps are many but they are straight forward in a good manufacturing and inventory control company.  But is it worth it?  I think not.  That is on top of then people thinking they are getting different versions of sets and market confusion from box changes etc.  If I was Lego, I would do exactly what they are doing.

• Like 8

SSD at walmart.com right now

Thanks for the post!  Was finally able to get a couple more...I kept missing all of the other flash availability from Walmart.  After placing an order I immediately went back to purchase another pair and Walmart wouldn't let me select "ship to home" or "ship to store"--the screen was blanked out.  So frustrating as I tried with 3 browsers and finally my phone, but then poof, gone.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

At least the limit is still 5 and not 99 as it was a few months ago.  It's on its way out unless they flick the switch back on and put the oompa loompas back to work!

Talking of 99, has anyone actually had the balls to order 99 of anything?  I bottled out with the Haunted Houses last year.

My SSD order from two days ago shipped.

out of CA via Fedex.

and ...

INDIVIDUALLY

lol, I am so screwed.

My pair shipped individually too. But the last pair each came in a lego shipping carton (half empty) so there is hope. 

The SSD shipping carton fits 4 modulars nicely. 

My pair shipped individually too. But the last pair each came in a lego shipping carton (half empty) so there is hope. 

The SSD shipping carton fits 4 modulars nicely. 

Would you mind saying where yours shipped from? I had some come from PA that were shipped individually "nude" and some from NY that came 2 per Lego shipping carton. I have more coming from CA shipping individually, so I'm expecting bad things.

At this point I'm not picky about the box condition.  I'm a box snob, but getting a SSD this late in the game that is complete and in sealed bags is a great score.  It helps that the majority of my boxes are in great condition.  If I only had a couple, and they were all WM specials, I would probably feel a little worse about the situation.  After viewing sale prices on eBay I would feel much better, though.

At this point I'm not picky about the box condition.  I'm a box snob, but getting a SSD this late in the game that is complete and in sealed bags is a great score.  It helps that the majority of my boxes are in great condition.  If I only had a couple, and they were all WM specials, I would probably feel a little worse about the situation.  After viewing sale prices on eBay I would feel much better, though.

agree.

Would you mind saying where yours shipped from? I had some come from PA that were shipped individually "nude" and some from NY that came 2 per Lego shipping carton. I have more coming from CA shipping individually, so I'm expecting bad things.

I had a nude pair and a pair in a Lego carton from PA, then a pair from *** that shipped individually but were in Walmart cardboard boxes, if that helps. Haven't gotten any from CA.

• Like 1