Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

5 minutes ago, redcell said:

What are you selling?  Most of the prices that I've been watching have been moving steadily in the right direction with some really unexpected jumps.

Haven't been selling but watching prices of Tumbler, Red 5, HH, TH, GE etc. Not pretty. Plenty of the smaller and medium sized  sets are doing much better. Happy with my prices on the sets we have been selling, all at least 100% ROI and alot much better (AT-AT, ISD, Cargo Terminal, Winter Village Cottages).

Received this message from Amazon. 

Reason: Where's My Stuff ?

Details: The item has not arrived as scheduled. Please send a status update to the customer. Status of delivery is delivered at the receptionist desk. But the front desk states to the cx that it wasn't true.

The tracking does indeed show delivered front desk/reception on 11/22. Suggestions for a response/course of action? Will Amazon have my back since it shows delivered on the tracking? I did purchase the label through Amazon. It's a $60 dollar item so a scam seems doubtful. 

Details: The item has not arrived as scheduled. Please send a status update to the customer. Status of delivery is delivered at the receptionist desk. But the front desk states to the cx that it wasn't true.
The tracking does indeed show delivered front desk/reception on 11/22. Suggestions for a response/course of action? Will Amazon have my back since it shows delivered on the tracking? I did purchase the label through Amazon. It's a $60 dollar item so a scam seems doubtful. 

This is why I am OK with paying more fees and having more restrictions with FBA.

Right now I have a customer claiming not received for a GE. She says it is not on her porch like the UPS tracking number claims. Although she does not sound like a scammer so it's probably the exciting new trend of "porch piracy", I can let Amazon deal with her, either with a refund or a replacement from someone else's inventory (I have no more at Amazon and there's no way I'm telling her I have more personally). And if she leaves me negative feedback, I can have Amazon remove it since they take responsibility for all fulfillment issues.

8 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Sounds like it's an apartment building. I should mention this was FBM.

That's a tough one .. I would try contacting the customer to tell them you are looking into it and then contact the office and UPS if need be .  Tricky part is having the customer agree to wait without opening an A-Z claim were the outcome can go either way based on what other sellers experienced even though policy grants you a favorable outcome . Never send a replacement . Refund would be an option and can avert a claim in most cases but again , I would start with customer and office .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbacunn said:

Sorry to hear about this.

as I have mentioned in my previous post, the new label thing only sounds good on paper. When customer complains that item not delivered its on your bucket to resolve and most likely we will have to foot the bill.

amz and seller support don't give squat on this! But you should try and message them and see if they respond!

• Like 1

This past week I received a couple of "refund initiated for order xxx". All these are FBA so Amazon is handling the whole refund process but what I want to know is if there is a way to see the reason why these customers are returning the items. Each time one of these items gets back to Amazon its marked as customer damaged and can't be sold again. 

37 minutes ago, sunkenbrick said:

This past week I received a couple of "refund initiated for order xxx". All these are FBA so Amazon is handling the whole refund process but what I want to know is if there is a way to see the reason why these customers are returning the items. Each time one of these items gets back to Amazon its marked as customer damaged and can't be sold again. 

Go to reports , fulfillment then returns .The reason if provided will show there once/if product  is returned . 

• Like 1

Well buyer returned the Death star today. Opened the shipping box to reveal old paint cans and packaging boxes. What happens when a buyer returns garbage instead of the item?  I had been hoping for an open box, or missing minifigures, instead got back old paint cans.

Edited by junkrigger

1 minute ago, junkrigger said:

Well buyer returned the Death star today. Opened the shipping box to reveal old paint cans and packaging boxes. What happens when a buyer returns garbage instead of the item? 

Terrible. Sorry to hear about the misfortune,  

You can try and see if amazon seller support can help.  Can't hurt to see.  Did you take pictures of what was in the returned box?

Just now, jaisonline said:

Terrible. Sorry to hear about the misfortune,  

You can try and see if amazon seller support can help.  Can't hurt to see.  Did you take pictures of what was in the returned box?

Yep took pictures. Its hard to believe. But I guess I should have expected the worst once it had been established that I was being scammed. This instance and how Amazon deals with it will really define them and how they treat sellers and customers. Surely Amazon will have records of all the Lego items I have purchased from them over the years, and am curious if they are concerned about me as a customer as well as a seller.

Edited by junkrigger

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

Open case . Take a lot of pics.  Point to the buyer's communication where they admitted receiving the right product albeit "used".  Use terms such as removed , and substituted instead  theft and scammed . Stay professional . If u are denied, reopen case and ask for supervisor review  

Thanks. Much appreciated.

14 minutes ago, junkrigger said:

Yep took pictures. Its hard to believe. But I guess I should have expected the worst once it had been established that I was being scammed. This instance and how Amazon deals with it will really define them and how they treat sellers and customers. Surely Amazon will have records of all the Lego items I have purchased from them over the years, and am curious if they are concerned about me as a customer as well as a seller.

sorry to hear about this. 

i think i had mentioned on the past what has(d) happened in my case when similar stuff had happened.

i believe you mentioned A-Z was opened for this and its had been in most likely waiting for the item being returned. 

contact seller support [ but as i said before it won't help much. they will just pass the buck or give you useless response or you won't get response until the a-z is settled ].

now there are only 2 outcome. upload this information to A-Z case if they haven't issued refund and deducted from your account.

even if the A-Z reviewer is sympathetic to your case they will repeatedly send you message to refund the order since you received the item. 

its rather unfortunate how this one goes... :( only silver lining is the restocking fee in this case.....