Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Just now, gregpj said:

We gave him a mop... looks like I need to give a few others a mop too.

Wouldn't help.  The Senior class just runs around the halls kicking over garbage cans and giving people swirlies.  

3 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Judging from last year,  I think it's a good time to sell sets that are retired for at least a year or more.  For example, last year I was selling the X-wing 9492s for around 170 on cyber monday, they creeped a little higher in the next week.  Over the course of the year, they then creeped down, then slowly creepd up and now they sell for around 195, which is about 25.00 more than last years cyber monday period.  

But, I used the money on other sets that are now well near 2x or more.  So, in a way, I think it's a good time to sell, because there are more buyers than what you get over the course of the year.  Yes, some sets will rise a little higher over a year, and many sets will stagnate and not go much higher at all once you get over the holiday season, but it just depends how you are going to use your profits..  It's a fine line.  It really is.

dog.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Judging from last year,  I think it's a good time to sell sets that are retired for at least a year or more.  For example, last year I was selling the X-wing 9492s for around 170 on cyber monday, they creeped a little higher in the next week.  Over the course of the year, they then creeped down, then slowly creepd up and now they sell for around 195, which is about 25.00 more than last years cyber monday period.  

But, I used the money on other sets that are now well near 2x or more.  So, in a way, I think it's a good time to sell, because there are more buyers than what you get over the course of the year.  Yes, some sets will rise a little higher over a year, and many sets will stagnate and not go much higher at all once you get over the holiday season, but it just depends how you are going to use your profits..  It's a fine line.  It really is.

your prices are best... ..

i believe my sold prices for

9493 : $189,99

9492 : $139,99

but again i am a little too rusty :)

3 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

your prices are best... ..

i believe my sold prices for

9493 : $189,99

9492 : $139,99

but again i am a little too rusty :)

I just looked... Sold 2 9492 on 11/30/2015 for 169.99.  Sold another later in the week for 174.

Heres' a prediction, and we'll see it it goes this way.  This year 75054 is going for 243.49 with 80 offers.  I'd suspect it will creep to around 255 by cyber monday, and hit 270.  Next year it will be around 300.  

ISD's is at 244.96 FBA, and 229.99... these prices have been sitting there for a while now, although the ISD did creep up higher than that because one of mine accidentally sold earlier last month at 239.99 FBM.  I suspect prices will go back around there, and creep a little higher.

Interestingly, some sets from last year have dropped in prices.  The Droid Gunship for example was worth 20.00 more last year.  

One other thing I noticed last year, star wars prices spiked for about a 2 weeks span when the movie hit and that momentum carried a little bit into January.  I think that the same could happen this year with Rogue One, that's why I might hold off on trying to blow stuff out until Rogue One hits.

I've had a merchant account for a number of years but never sold Lego on Amazon. With the recent approval requirement, are all of you grandfathered in on needing an invoice from your supplier? It doesn't seem like it's possible to get that from Lego... Would love to set up FBA and avoid shipping and storage, but haven't had any luck finding a way around it or a source to provide an invoice.

Just got this mail:

"Dear Seller,

You are receiving this email because you are listing one or more ASINs in the Toys category.

We have noticed in the past that certain popular Toy ASINs have been sold at high prices, above the recommended retail price, during the holiday season, creating a poor shopping experience.

At Amazon, we give the utmost importance to ensuring a great shopping experience for customers.

Hence, we reserve the buybox award for eligible ASINs that are listed at competitive prices and the Buy Box may not be awarded to offers with a price above the recommended retail price.

You can review your prices for your listings using the new “Pricing dashboard” on Seller Central. Please help us to offer the best shopping experience to customers by ensuring that your listings are competitively priced.

Sincerely,

Sell on Amazon Team"

WOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!

Controlled pricing? How about controlled fees? Really?

1 hour ago, SageFly said:

I've had a merchant account for a number of years but never sold Lego on Amazon. With the recent approval requirement, are all of you grandfathered in on needing an invoice from your supplier? It doesn't seem like it's possible to get that from Lego... Would love to set up FBA and avoid shipping and storage, but haven't had any luck finding a way around it or a source to provide an invoice.

You're out unless you pony up 1k and somehow get invoices. 

hqdefault.jpg

15 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Observation: I can complete listings, but they show up as "Blocked unless FBA" in my inventory. All to be expected because I didn't qualify. HOWEVER, my previous listings (from before the qualification period) are still active as FBM. Is that how it's supposed to work?

nope. you seems to have been favored and amazon likes you :D... actually if one is not qualified all of their listing [ FMB ] become invisible when you look @ the actual ASIN.

11 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

nope. you seems to have been favored and amazon likes you :D... actually if one is not qualified all of their listing [ FMB ] become invisible when you look @ the actual ASIN.

Looked at the product listing of one of them and I'm still proudly listed (even when I checked Amazon while not being signed in to my account).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CMHWTT4/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I believe Amazon has been trying to merge listings to a more standardized listing. However they have been failing to accomplish this. With the Lego City Fire Truck my item was moved to the wrong listing and has been stuck as permanently inactive. With no reply from Amazon for about 3 weeks now.

Edited by landphieran

6 minutes ago, landphieran said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CMHWTT4/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I believe Amazon has been trying to merge listings to a more standardized listing. However they have been failing to accomplish this. With the Lego City Fire Truck my item was moved to the wrong listing and has been stuck as permanently inactive. With no reply from Amazon for about 3 weeks now.

I've had several bad experiences with this so far.

49 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

good CM, was expecting better.... lets go people open them wallets,

CM has been great for most items, Lego is def lagging tho. Had a box of 38 rank 4k toys checked in at 8:47am and they sold thru before 10am. So far 2 weeks ago was the best week for Lego for us - prices just plummeting now unless it is the real good stuff (75054 etc).

57 minutes ago, asharerin said:

CM has been great for most items, Lego is def lagging tho. Had a box of 38 rank 4k toys checked in at 8:47am and they sold thru before 10am. So far 2 weeks ago was the best week for Lego for us - prices just plummeting now unless it is the real good stuff (75054 etc).

I've actually seen some very nice bumps over the past few weeks on a few LEGO sets that are somewhere between turd and a 75054.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asharerin said:

What are you selling?  Most of the prices that I've been watching have been moving steadily in the right direction with some really unexpected jumps.  The lowest FBA price on the Juniors TMNT set is now right at $100...much better than I had ever expected.  I've been selling a few things, but I'm holding back on all of my major sets since prices will continue to rise as more and more sellers get bought out.

1 hour ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

If I have sets that have toys r us stickers from back in the day 2010ish...should I remove them or leave on when sending in for fba? I'm just wondering what will knock something down from new to collectible or something

In my experience, Amazon will never proactively knock something down from new to collectible or used.  They may mark it as unfulfillable, but they don't mess with the actual condition listing.  However, I have never known them to mark something as unfulfillable simply because it has a sticker on it.  I always remove stickers or cover them up before sending them in, but not everyone does.