Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

12 hours ago, foreverawesome said:

Hello,

I have wanted to open a LEGO store on amazon for a long time now . ...Does anyone have information regarding where can I buy LEGO wholesale, and generally how does it work? Where do I start?

Someone brings this up once or twice a year.  I can't answer your questions, except that - from what I've read here - opening a store / becoming a Lego retailer is rather difficult, maybe even impossible if selling Lego (and only Lego) is your objective. Also, a new (small) retailer gets marginal discounts, and a limited product line to choose from. Read the first page of this thread : 

... then continue to search this site for other threads with key words like "wholesale", "Licensed", "retailer", "store", etc... you will likely find more info that way.

Edited by Kenxxx

I got the dreaded A-Z claim against the 10188 I sold recently. It was FBM, and I already sent the buyer a prepaid return shipping label by email.  Apparently that was not enough and the buyer really wants to get this for free, or doesn't want to send it back. I don't know what to do now.  I don't really know what rights I have as a seller.  Hoping for a little more advice as what to do next. Thanks again for all the previous help.

Just now, junkrigger said:

I got the dreaded A-Z claim against the 10188 I sold recently. It was FBM, and I already sent the buyer a prepaid return shipping label by email.  Apparently that was not enough and the buyer really wants to get this for free, or doesn't want to send it back. I don't know what to do now.  I don't really know what rights I have as a seller.  Hoping for a little more advice as what to do next. Thanks again for all the previous help.

stay calm and defend your case.. use bullet points

• new items was sold on so and so date
  • item delivered on so and so day
  • return authorized on so and so date
  • buyer provide with prepaid label on so and so date , u can ask for them to review their communication
  • per amazon policy , buyer will be refunded when item is returned to seller
  • Like 6

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

• buyer provide with prepaid label on so and so date , u can ask for them to review their communication

Thanks BA.  Should I list all these things in the "Represent to Amazon" tab?  Also I sent the buyer a prepaid return label to their amazon alias email address, but I guess I don't have confirmation that  they received it.  Also I need to ask Amazon to review the communications between us?  I am glad to know Amazon actual policy.  The reason stated by the buyer is "The item was listed as NEW and SEALED and it came used and opened. This violates Amazons selling policies on so many levels. Please refund our money! 

If Amazon rules in your favor - most likely - u won't get a ding ... DO NOT REFUND now .. that's an admission of guilt even if it is well intended . 

This is so important information, thanks so much.

Follow BA's template above.  I have never lost an a-to-z claim using a similar template format.  As long as you show the item was delivered to the buyer, you authorized the return, sent them a prepaid return label, and they have yet to return the item, you should be OK.  You are not obligated to refund them until they return the item.  Period.

Edited by msdontplay01
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, junkrigger said:

Should I mention that I have all receipts for this item, and that I have family members who were with me when I packaged it and took it to Fedex to ship, or is that not reliable case information?

No ... they will ask for it if they want it . The family thing is unfortunately irrelvant ..

also the Amazon email address is the only address that matters since Amazon can monitor that .  U covered urself by doing the right things before a-z was opened . You should be fine . Don't respond to buyer if the contact you 

No ... they will ask for it if they want it . The family thing is unfortunately irrelvant ..

also the Amazon email address is the only address that matters since Amazon can monitor that .  U covered urself by doing the right things before a-z was opened . You should be fine . Don't respond to buyer if the contact you 

Thanks so much, again I would be feeling even more miserable without the guidance. As always having a good teacher can make even the most difficult of situations seem hopeful. Still hard lessons :(

4 minutes ago, junkrigger said:

Thanks so much, again I would be feeling even more miserable without the guidance. As always having a good teacher can make even the most difficult of situations seem hopeful. Still hard lessons :(

If you intended to do this on a regular basis take your emotions out of it ... u will run across many stressful situations so don't let it get to you or bother u . Do your best then on to the next sale and use what happened as a learning experience ..

that will be 10$ :) 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

If you intended to do this on a regular basis take your emotions out of it ... u will run across many stressful situations so don't let it get to you or bother u . Do your best then on to the next sale and use what happened as a learning experience ..

that will be 10$ :) 

Ten bucks is not nearly enough for this great advice; anytime you need latex, matlab, or python tips, or random math and physics hit me up and I will try to provide the same great insight you have for me in this matter. You are right about the emotions as Lego buying/selling was until today a hobby.

Edited by junkrigger
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

B-a advise is great follow it to t.

having said that what is the reason chosen for the a-z.

this is what had happened to me 

a. Item was returned. It was not what you sent and not the condition. 

B. Then you are responsible to issue refund. 

C. Follow Amazon policy and charge applicable restocking fee but most likely you will have to chalk this one as a loss.

best case scenario you will get the item back as is issue the refund. Loss is only both side shipping

FBM:

Received a message "Order cancellation request from Amazon customer... "

I'm not seeing an authorize cancellation or something to that effect in my messages.

Do I just click the "cancel order" button in manage orders and select "Buyer Cancelled" for reason for cancellation?

Sorry for the newb question. Don't want to risk unintentionally dinging my metrics.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, landphieran said:

That moment when you search for a set on amazon and you realize they are losing control...

Forgot which set I looked at the other day, but it was exactly the same .... at least 10 listings, all with slightly different names, for the same LEGO set. Not even clones.

Yeah, it's now to starting to look like freaking fleabay on amazon.  One of the reasons I liked amazon was because it was easy and the listings were confined.  Now that is no longer the case...  

Either way, looks like the holiday season selling is now in full swing.  I noticed a decent drop in sellers on some of the older retired star wars items that I still have...  Cyber monday to mid december, i'm doing a full on blow out....  With all the new rules, along with the declining service that the amazon platform brings, I think this is the last good hurrah for low volume sellers just looking to make some gravy money.  I really do.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

found out today all my lLEGO listing <blocked unless FBA>...what does that means....???

That means the holiday selling gate came down for you. Interestingly enough, I'm still ok and able to add inventory...... made 1 sale in the qualification period :)

1 hour ago, brickolodon said:

found out today all my lLEGO listing <blocked unless FBA>...what does that means....???

Just got that result as well. While I don't expect a reprieve, I've been having fun at their customer service jockey's expense by pointing out that I was never sent any notification that I had to meet a sales quota this year so how can I comply with a requirement for sales in Sept/Oct that I'm only now being told about? Also, their standard form response goes on about wanting to maintain a quality shopping experience as a reason for this, to which I replied that I have a perfect 100% rating, so what is the risk? Thankfully I did very well on craigslist/kijiji this time last year even without Amazon, and then made out very well once the gate lifted in January. Still, things like this really detract from any positive feedback I might otherwise want to leave for Amazon.

8 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

What's the dollar threshold for an item for using signature confirmation?

I would say any amount your not willing to give away if you have bad luck with a buyer. I sold a 10188 recently and am completely convinced had I not required a signature, I would have been giving the item away. That said I may lose my A-Z defense anyway and be giving it away after a lot of trouble.  That said I have not had any major problems with $70 and less items for which I almost never buy signature confirmation.

Edited by junkrigger