Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Also ... was this FBM or FBA? If it was FBA - Amazon could have sent someone else's item to them when they fulfilled your order.

FBM, thanks Phil, forgot that is relevant information.

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

First things first : when did you sell it and when was it delivered ? 

Sold last weekend, delivered insured with signature confirmation yesterday. FBM.

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

If it arrived damaged, you'll have to file a claim with who you shipped it through, assuming that's what damaged the item.

I don't think the item was damaged by Fedex. I sent it double packaged in the original shipping box, and it only went one state away in just a day.  I am pretty sure the buyer is either  completely scamming me and will send back rocks or they are looking to save the $50 that the item is now lower priced at. So should I offer them a choice of price adjust or return? I am hoping for a little advice on what to do in the scenario that I get sent back an item that is completely different from the new mint double packaged item I sent this buyer.

Edited by junkrigger

1 minute ago, junkrigger said:

I don't think the item was damaged by Fedex. I sent it double packaged in the original shipping box, and it only went one state away in just a day.  I am pretty sure the buyer is either  completely scamming me and will send back rocks or they are looking to save the $50 that the item is now lower priced at. So should I offer them a choice of price adjust or return?

You could attempt price adjust/refund or return and see if they're scamming you.

Personally, I would offer a return and not a price adjustment.

I have been on the receiving end of a seller who THOUGHT he was on the receiving end. Received a LEGO set via FBA (with seller's sticker, so I assume not commingled inventory, not sure how that works) that was previously opened and resealed with tape. I opened it and guess what...not everything was there, bags were open, etc. I return. Seller receives return and claims I was defrauding him. I was not amused. Lesson: please check your seals when buying originally and then re-selling.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Personally, I would offer a return and not a price adjustment.

I have been on the receiving end of a seller who THOUGHT he was on the receiving end. Received a LEGO set via FBA (with seller's sticker, so I assume not commingled inventory, not sure how that works) that was previously opened and resealed with tape. I opened it and guess what...not everything was there, bags were open, etc. I return. Seller receives return and claims I was defrauding him. I was not amused. Lesson: please check your seals when buying originally and then re-selling.

Yep, per Amazon policy have to offer a return, so it hurts not to marginally offer a price adjust option. Thanks for the personal recommendation. 

Edited by junkrigger
  • Like 1

Is today the holiday selling cutoff? Should listings now be removed for those that did not meet the holiday requirements?

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

I would have them return it and the. Deal with it . If it is a scam u can open a case , or maybe u can resell it . Many buyers try to scam sellers into a pariah why scaring them with terms as fraud and fake . 

It is difficult without knowing the other parties intentions and what they really want out of the transaction. 

2 minutes ago, junkrigger said:

Is today the holiday selling cutoff? Should listings now be removed for those that did not meet the holiday requirements?

No, cutoff was supposed to be yesterday. I'm still up and running though - my listings are still active and I can still add new products.

It seems to not have started.

I also noticed it hasn't started, that's why I said it was "supposed" to have started yesterday. Not surprising though b/c the holiday restricted time period did not start when it was supposed to last year. Amazon is a mess. I'm still hanging in there though b/c the profit margins are larger than on eBay, especially during the holiday season

This is the reply I received when I offered the buyer a price match or return to refund.  

We bought this as a gift and we need to buy another one immediately to receive it on time. Please refund ASAP while we ship it back today.

Amazon policy is that seller refunds after the item is received returned?

Just now, junkrigger said:

This is the reply I received when I offered the buyer a price match or return to refund.  

We bought this as a gift and we need to buy another one immediately to receive it on time. Please refund ASAP while we ship it back today.

Sounds like a scam . Do not refund , u will be out of product and money . Provide pre paid label ASAP and accept return request ( if one exists ) .Cover ur behind 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, junkrigger said:

Image result for danger will robinson

We bought this as a gift and we need to buy another one immediately to receive it on time. Please refund ASAP while we ship it back today.  Amazon policy is that seller refunds after the item is received returned?

Go ahead and authorize the return but DO NOT refund until after the buyer returns the item and you had a chance to inspect it