Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Guest TabbyBoy

This selling on Amazon really seems to be a lot more trouble than it's worth. Reading these posts have really put me off selling on Amazon again. How do you lot not go insane?

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

This selling on Amazon really seems to be a lot more trouble than it's worth. Reading these posts have really put me off selling on Amazon again. How do you lot not go insane?

To be honest I would go insane without Amazon (for both selling and buying). We do probably 98% of our sales thru FBA. I find their system very easy since we educated ourselves prior to starting and follow all of their rules. Not dealing with a single customer or shipping any orders has allowed us to leverage our time so we can source and sell alot more product. We think they are head and shoulders above any other platform and we are happy to invest a percentage of profits in their stock every dip.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I waited until the marketplace proved that even after FBA was saturated with people who have no idea what they are doing, it can't be that hard.

• Like 1

There is a new Beta Amazon Fulfillment Page.  So far I'm a fan.  There is a dropdown/pop-out on your reserved inventory to tell you why it is reserved.  There is also a pop-out to give you the status, but you can just read that across the row without a click.  They've also added a product link (in addition to the SKU link) so you can get to the product to adjust your pricing more easily.

AmBetaGrab.PNG

26 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

Has anyone had any luck ungating products? I'm trying to sell my 75046 and Amazon has this set gated as it's brand is listed as Star Wars, not Lego like every other lego set. I emailed seller support but they weren't very helpful....

I reported the issue for you as well.  Maybe a few more reports of incorrect information might help get it changed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Can you sell any other LEGO sets on Amazon or was this the first you tried?  This set shouldn't be tied to a TFA or Rogue One gate if there is one.  I have some listed FBA but I am also free and clear of the LEGO gate.

Yes I can sell most all other lego sets including star wars sets from the same year. I haven't tried to sell any TFA sets as those aren't retired yet.

1 hour ago, cmartin33 said:

Has anyone had any luck ungating products? I'm trying to sell my 75046 and Amazon has this set gated as it's brand is listed as Star Wars, not Lego like every other lego set. I emailed seller support but they weren't very helpful....

It is strange. here is what I get when I try to add it as a product.Screenshot 2016-10-28 08.49.17.png

then if I request to sell it it wants me to upgrade my seller account.

I don't have any of these, but a certain BPer has the BB and 2 left. ;-)

Screenshot 2016-10-28 08.48.12.png

For some strange reason it's not allowing it be be added as "New". Hopefully notifying Amz will fix the issue.

Edited by pstebbing

51 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

It is strange. here is what I get when I try to add it as a product.For some strange reason it's not allowing it be be added as "New". Hopefully notifying Amz will fix the issue.

The listing is currently showing the wrong brand Star Wars instead of LEGO. I opened a case to change that. There are a few SW and Disney sets still under the wrong brand but they are easily corrected. What I do is open a case by contacting seller support instead of choosing the "report incorrect product information" on the listing. When you go thru seller support they ask for a website to verify the brand and I give then the shop at home product page. Takes them about 10-14 days to correct. Sit tight they will fix it in Nov some time. Don;t bother upgrading to professional just to try and list as you will need to send in the invoices and pay a fee.

• Like 4

Fixed:

Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand you are concerned about updating brand name for ASIN: B00HYDTJ58. 

I appreciate your efforts to provide the best possible information about the products you offer on our website.

I am glad to inform you that I have updated the suggested changes for ASIN: B00HYDTJ58 and the same is reflecting on the detail page.

Please refer to mentioned link to check the suggested changes:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYDTJ58

Please note that If you do not see the change on the detail page, try to clear your browser's cache and cookies to remove the stored data.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, asharerin said:

The listing is currently showing the wrong brand Star Wars instead of LEGO. I opened a case to change that. There are a few SW and Disney sets still under the wrong brand but they are easily corrected. What I do is open a case by contacting seller support instead of choosing the "report incorrect product information" on the listing. When you go thru seller support they ask for a website to verify the brand and I give then the shop at home product page. Takes them about 10-14 days to correct. Sit tight they will fix it in Nov some time. Don;t bother upgrading to professional just to try and list as you will need to send in the invoices and pay a fee.

Thanks so much! I tried that approach last night but I was denied (I guess because I didn't provide proof). :)

41 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Totally overlooked the "Brand". (obviously) ;-) Thanks for posting how to fix this!

3 hours ago, 33Lego said:

Noticed that prices for quite a few sets are trending downwards.

I know the holiday seasons is coming, hopefully we will see some lift.

So far this year on Amazon I have sold 75 different sets in the last 40 days.  The vast majority were sold in early October.  Of these sets, 5 have gone up more than 10%, 10 have dropped more than 10%, and rest have stayed about the same.  This is fewer drops but still echoes what I have seen the last few years.  I expect more prices to drop than go up as Christmas approaches.  I won't be sending anything more in until December to sell in January.  Selling in January saves a lot on return headaches and often the prices are better.  I keep listing until February and then go away until September.  That is how this small potato plays the game.  I almost got fried this year by the gate, but I just squeaked through. 

22 minutes ago, belljohn said:

So far this year on Amazon I have sold 75 different sets in the last 40 days.  The vast majority were sold in early October.  Of these sets, 5 have gone up more than 10%, 10 have dropped more than 10%, and rest have stayed about the same.  This is fewer drops but still echoes what I have seen the last few years.  I expect more prices to drop than go up as Christmas approaches.  I won't be sending anything more in until December to sell in January.  Selling in January saves a lot on return headaches and often the prices are better.  I keep listing until February and then go away until September.  That is how this small potato plays the game.  I almost got fried this year by the gate, but I just squeaked through. 

I'm past the gate, but blocked for FBA until December. I'm small potatoes too, and figured I was not going to join the fracas getting to 25 sales as I had limited sets to sell, and wasn't going to sell cheap just to get in. I think that was wise, because I looked at Halloween bat (bought 20+ for $4 each last winter) and even on ebay it's a battle for pennies profit. The FBA block is a bummer, but I hope to send some stuff in as soon as it lifts, to hitch onto the post-Christmas spend-your-Christmas-money wave, just like you.

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

my plan is simple, anyone who want to undercut by pennies, i crash the listing and move on.  

BACK TO RRP or BUST!  ?

I do think that is an almost engaging strategy though. .. especially if you have large stock of a certain item.  It will be interesting to see where things go.  Tomorrow is really the last day for people to make their 25, so who knows how many people will be purged when the reset hits on the 17th.  I don't expect it to be too many, and i'd almost expect a suppression in price on many items once cyber monday hits.  We shall see... it's so tough to gauge where things will go this year.  Maybe a majority are just waiting until cyber monday this year to buy..