Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

4 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I have not received any notice from Amazon that I have to sell 25 items by the end of October to qualify for toy selling this holiday season. That notice went out mid September last year. Could one of the effects of the gating to be an end to this requirement?

I doubt it , since the gate is not generic to  to toys, more geared to specific brands  . 

27 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I have not received any notice from Amazon that I have to sell 25 items by the end of October to qualify for toy selling this holiday season. That notice went out mid September last year. Could one of the effects of the gating to be an end to this requirement?

I'm pretty sure we received the email last month?

Has anyone else noticed long wait times for FBA orders going from pending to shipped status? I have had a much higher percentage of orders sitting in pending status all this week with no shipping notices yet. Some of these have been sitting in pending status since Monday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Has anyone else noticed long wait times for FBA orders going from pending to shipped status? I have had a much higher percentage of orders sitting in pending status all this week with no shipping notices yet. Some of these have been sitting in pending status since Monday.

I'm with ya Z! My pending order list is pretty long.....just hoping they ship! Sales are definitely picking up though!

21 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I figured 'pending' meant the buyer was using an expired/maxed-out/stolen credit card.  It's a pain, but I'd rather have the sale cancelled.  My 'pending' sales that complete have a high rate of return.

22 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Yep, I've noticed slow ship times as well.

4 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

..idiot who keeps adding the d/c by manufacture tab added that to the 75101 alt listing . Opened a case and asked that ..be shut down . 

I clicked on "Report incorrect product information" and reported the same issue... maybe if a dozen or so people did this, we cross their "minimum complaints limit" and someone would actually do something about it.

Effective on 17th November, 2016, only sellers who meet the criteria listed below will be eligible to sell in the Toys & Games category from 17th November, 2016 through 5th January, 2017.

•    Your first sale on Amazon.com must occur prior to 19th September, 2016. The sale does not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store.
•    You must process and ship at least 25 orders from 1st September, 2016  through 31st October, 2016. The orders do not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store.
•    Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate for the period from 1st October through 31st October, 2016 must be no greater than 1.75%.
•    Your late shipment rate for the period from 1st October through 31st October, 2016 must be no greater than 4%. 
•    Your order defect rate must be no greater than 1% short term as of 1st November, 2016.

Apologies upfront.   This is my first year selling on Amazon.  I started back in April with only FBM sales and did well compared to past sales on eBay.  So I started my FBA adventure in late July. Wow what a difference.  Nearly 10-1 in sales volume FBA-FBM.  Anyway.  The above verbiage is from the Holiday Sales statement.  Does it mean 25 FBM sales or 25 combined FBA and FBM sales?  sfcommando is trying to set me straight (thank you).  I am just trying to make sure it is combined.

11 minutes ago, brickelements said:

...  Does it mean 25 FBM sales or 25 combined FBA and FBM sales? ...

Though the verbiage is confusing every year, in the past it has always been combined.  There are some on this site who always qualify based exclusively on FBA sales.

Just got an email from Amazon saying if you send in your items commingled this quarter you save 8 cents on pick and pack fees per order. We use commingled for our lower value and low risk items. In the future I have a feeling commingled will be mandatory and this is how Amazon will achieve 3 hr delivery for almost every item in their catalog to 80% of the USA population. It also explains why every major brand is gated now as for commingled to work they need reliable sellers sending in quality merchandise.

Not sure how I would feel sending in a $1k lego set commingled but the sales volume is going to be insanely good. Such a good time to be a reseller on Amazon.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Hold on, if you don't meet the 25 requirement, you can still do FBA, right?

I believe so.  The catch is you need to have inventory in by mid-Nov for it to be ready to sell during the peak. if you wait to send it after black friday, you'll miss most of the action.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

I believe so.  The catch is you need to have inventory in by mid-Nov for it to be ready to sell during the peak. if you wait to send it after black friday, you'll miss most of the action.

Correct, That is why I am sending my boxes now.

It will be too late after Nov, Take 3 weeks last year for me during Dec time.

I'm curious. There are a ton of people here talking about Q4 selling but LEGO is now a restricted brand and you need to be an authorized distributor to sell (I was required to get a written letter from The LEGO Group stating that I was allowed to sell on Amazon). Do people on here just not realize the brand is restricted now... or what am I missing?