Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

51 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

...where did all the new stock of 40122 coming from? looks like missed the re-release?

is that the overseas inventory or TLG decided to release a whole new lot via their chosen "preferred" retailer like they did for 40093 snowman and killed that set... 

I'm not really following this set (sold all mine)... so... what are you saying? Are there suddenly more sellers than before on this item?  Or prices dropping markedly?  I just took a look. Low priced seller has "limit 2" on his listing... the second lowest FBA has 140 in stock. Whoa... that's a lot of trips to my Lego store at limit 5 :)

looks like i missed the lego update these days where did all the new stock of 40122 coming from? looks like missed the re-release?

is that the overseas inventory or TLG decided to release a whole new lot via their chosen "preferred" retailer like they did for 40093 snowman and killed that set... 

Barnes and Noble had a brand new inventory a couple weeks ago with no limits.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/mobile/w/toys-games-40122-lego-trick-or-treat/30184490

655bd8ee4725b1c76eb366d16db5575b.jpg

31 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

I'm not really following this set (sold all mine)... so... what are you saying? Are there suddenly more sellers than before on this item?  Or prices dropping markedly?  I just took a look. Low priced seller has "limit 2" on his listing... the second lowest FBA has 140 in stock. Whoa... that's a lot of trips to my Lego store at limit 5 :)

all of the above:

a. more sellers used to be less than 13-24 now there are over 50.... 

b. more qty

c. price drop 

my estimate is about 1000-2000 more inventory on amazon only. most of sellers are putting that limit so we won't know their real inventory.

Edited by newbie77

On September 16, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

I try to shy away from expensive items during the holiday due to the extended return policy . I go for quantity over quality . 

I sold a lot of retired items from 2010 to 2013 last season and never had a return on those.  I think if you are quick flipping current sets that are available but may have ran out of stock during the holiday season the chance for a return is much higher. I've heard people say they had a lot of jurassic world returns last holiday season, but other than Raptor Escapes's those were not retired.  But, last year I sold retired architecture, ideas, and star wars sets for pretty a premium and didn't have a return... so, I think it comes down to the specific sets you are selling... I think long retired sets seem to move much faster during the holiday season...  Just my opinion though, and this is only my second season on amazon, so last year could have been an anomaly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

I sold a lot of retired items from 2010 to 2013 last season and never had a return on those.  I think if you are quick flipping current sets that are available but may have ran out of stock during the holiday season the chance for a return is much higher. I've heard people say they had a lot of jurassic world returns last holiday season, but other than Raptor Escapes's those were not retired.  But, last year I sold retired architecture, ideas, and star wars sets for pretty a premium and didn't have a return... so, I think it comes down to the specific sets you are selling... I think long retired sets seem to move much faster during the holiday season...  Just my opinion though, and this is only my second season on amazon, so last year could have been an anomaly. 

Also good to read various points of views :) 

On 9/18/2016 at 11:42 AM, fossilrock said:

3 days ago, Raptor Escape was at 76 sellers, it's now down to 41.  Did something change?  Or are these selling at a decent rate?  At this point, there will be just a few of us left come the holiday season.  Surprisingly as the seller count dropped, prices haven't risen. What gives?

Alright, the listing is now back to 84 sellers and my units just went inactive again, so maybe they are getting ready to fix it and move me back in the correct ASIN.  I asked them to combine the ASIN I was in with the main one that dropped to 30 sellers.

• Like 1

So here's my situation that i need help with. Last year in December i made a seller account on amazon and all i listed were some poe's x-wings. they never sold and i never listed anything else on my account, because i decided the fees charged weren't worth it for the amount of inventory i had. So now i checked my amazon seller account to see if i can still list lego or not, in light of all this gated nonsense. It does tell me i need approval to list the item, but nothing about paying a fee to sell the lego brand or anything. It just says i need to switch from an individual seller account to a professional seller account. My dilemma is, i don't want to pay for a professional seller account and then find out there's more red tape that prevents me from selling Lego. Any advice? Am i grandfathered in, in this situation?

A couple of FBA items I sent in last week are now listed in my inventory as "unfillable", reason: Distributor Damaged (per Amazon, this means:  "Amazon determines that the unit was received from the seller (the distributor in this case) in damaged condition. The unit is set aside as unsellable")  OK... I know I sent my stuff in pristine condition. Do I have any recourse?  They are both retired sets, now selling on Amazon for about $100 - $150. The only option I'm given is to create a removal order.  What would you do?

1 minute ago, Kenxxx said:

A couple of FBA items I sent in last week are now listed in my inventory as "unfillable", reason: Distributor Damaged (per Amazon, this means:  "Amazon determines that the unit was received from the seller (the distributor in this case) in damaged condition. The unit is set aside as unsellable")  OK... I know I sent my stuff in pristine condition. Do I have any recourse?  They are both retired sets, now selling on Amazon for about $100 - $150. The only option I'm given is to create a removal order.  What would you do?

Open a case , however be warned that they are pretty uptight on this now . Unless you have met their packing requirements they will not reimburse you and they usually have a UPS rep check it out send you pictures . Ofc u can just get an Amazon CS who will just reimburse you but over all notbing to lose by opening a case . 

4 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

This is why I would never do FBA for Legos.
FBA is great for items such as bars of soap. 
Way too many issues with Lego;  Box condition, Missing Parts, Missing Minifigs, etc...

Also, don't they charge you space$ if your items didn't sell and are on their racks for x amount of time?

There's a monthly storage fee and an additional long-term storage fee every six months.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

good thing I registered soappicker.com months ago!  Can finally stop hoarding this stuff.  Already have my "stockroom soap collection" photo ready though...

soap.jpg

It must smell like an old folk's home in there!

On 9/16/2016 at 1:54 PM, belljohn said:

I think this year is guaranteed to be different from all the rest.

Already seeing the change. I am repricing upwards big time. Seeing plenty of 20-25% jumps in FBA where others used to come in a just keep dumping. Not sure if those sellers are all gone or if they have just sold thru. Either way no new sellers are taking their place. Even Tumbler is going to see some nice action on FBA this year :)

Edited by asharerin
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2016 at 0:33 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

Open a case , however be warned that they are pretty uptight on this now . Unless you have met their packing requirements they will not reimburse you and they usually have a UPS rep check it out send you pictures . Ofc u can just get an Amazon CS who will just reimburse you but over all notbing to lose by opening a case . 

Follow-up: Opened a case this morning; just got an email saying, "Yes... UPS smashed your stuff..." and stating I would be getting fair reimbursement within a few days, and that they will be keeping my stuff.  Keep your eyes open on Amazon Warehouse deals for a 70505 NJ Temple of Light, and 75020 Jabba's Barge :). They should be in fine shape, ...just smashed.

• Like 2