Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Everyone starts small , but as long as you play it safe and by the rules you will be ok . Amazon is no panacea , it has it issues like any other platform , deal with them in the proper manner and all will be good . 

Ofcourse they can always move the goal posts during the game but that will be a risk that one should be willing to take and always have an exit strategy in case things go south . 

didn't mean to be offensive. sincerely apologize.

In seller central when managing prices, I see the Buy Box Price + Shipping, how do I see the FBA marketplace pricing? In another thread there was a brief discussion on selling at higher prices for FBA sellers. I see other sellers getting more for their products than what the current Buy Box is. 

There's a difference between asking a price, and getting it.

3 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

Still not clear...  So business buyers can purchase from multiple sellers and Amazon will receive them all into a warehouse and export them to a merchant somewhere?

It is a type of account that Amazon has for businesses . 

image.png

Link : https://www.amazon.com/b2b/info/amazon-business?layout=landing&tag=hydsma-20&hvadid=59609110731&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15172399656056890335&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016842&hvtargid=kwd-5343911069&ref=pd_sl_11xu21028f_e&gclid=CLHP0L7DgM8CFVg9gQodpmQEcw

23 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

OK, but I'm shipping this to "Amazon Business Purchases" in NY, not to a random merchant.  Also I didn't offer any special pricing - its #41054 at about $8 over the buy box price

So u shipping to an Amazon warehouse ? I'll admit to not being totally understanding of your question . Must be the bad day at work :( 

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

So u shipping to an Amazon warehouse ? I'll admit to not being totally understanding of your question . Must be the bad day at work :( 

i am assuming that since you are offering 2 day seller fulfilled prime. your competitor or amazon itself is testing your ability hence the coast to coast to be able to deliver it in time.

to get there in 2 days its gonna cost arm & leg. not only that it may be that if you miss the delivery date most like would get a return request. 

not sure when you received your order but with seller fulfilled prime if you get order before 11am (i believe that's the cut off) you are to ship the same day. and buyer should receive within 2 business day. 

i am assuming that since you are offering 2 day seller fulfilled prime. your competitor or amazon itself is testing your ability hence the coast to coast to be able to deliver it in time.

to get there in 2 days its gonna cost arm & leg. not only that it may be that if you miss the delivery date most like would get a return request. 

not sure when you received your order but with seller fulfilled prime if you get order before 11am (i believe that's the cut off) you are to ship the same day. and buyer should receive within 2 business day. 

No thanks
  • Like 2

The cutoff is supposed to be 2pm, which allows us plenty of time to send someone to the PO.  Interestingly this order came in before 2p as SFP 2-day but doesn't expect me to ship until tomorrow with delivery Tuesday.  I haven't figured out why FBA "2-day" is different than SFP "2-day".  If this were FBA, Amazon would deliver on Saturday or Sunday.  I don't think its because its a business buyer because I've seen this on other orders where 2 days is magically 4 days.

What I would REALLY like is if USPS would deliver SFP shipped orders on Sundays in available markets.

I have to hand it to Bezos. Low priced sellers are clearing out and not being replaced by new sellers who used to come in and match ebay or FBM. Prices are upticking bigtime on my stash now and sales are increasing rapidly. It was a rough patch there for a while but now it feels like old times again. 

Edited by asharerin
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I have to hand it to Bezos. Low priced sellers are clearing out and not being replaced by new sellers who used to come in and match ebay or FBM. Prices are upticking bigtime on my stash now and sales are increasing rapidly. It was a rough patch there for a while but now it feels like old times again. 

It's nice to know it wasn't just me seeing things.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, asharerin said:

If you search LEGO 71040 Disney Castle, the two cheapest sellers ($519 and $520) are listed as "just launched". No feedback ever.

Is this an example of new sellers slipping through the gate? Did they open their stores in August, before Amazon placed the gates, and make a couple LEGO sales without receiving feedback?

7 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

If you search LEGO 71040 Disney Castle, the two cheapest sellers ($519 and $520) are listed as "just launched". No feedback ever.

Is this an example of new sellers slipping through the gate? Did they open their stores in August, before Amazon placed the gates, and make a couple LEGO sales without receiving feedback?

That ASIN is gated. Those were new sellers who made a LEGO listing prior to 8/23 who have not received feedback yet (very likely), or possibly they paid the fee and submitted the paperwork and got ungated (very unlikely). IIRC it took about 30-40 sales before we got our first feedback. Have not got feedback for the last few hundred sales. All FBA so not unexpected. There is no slipping through the gate. AFAIK you did not have to make a LEGO sale, you just had to have an active listing in the 3 months prior to 8/23.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I must be doing it all wrong . I don't see this "increase" 

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way"

• Like 1