Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

5 minutes ago, Sharkeye said:

First time posting. Long time lurker.

I am curious about invoices/retail receipts. How is one supposed to produce an invoice (not a retail receipt) for a retired set showing you purchased them within the last 6 months from Lego? That is an impossible task even from someone who actually acquires their product directly from Lego. Does Amazon accept retail receipts? Is the rule different for retired sets?

If anyone knows the answer to this please chime in.

Going forward no retail receipts are accepted by Amazon, and personally I'm not buying the retired vs current argument .

Did anyone else get an email from Amazon Seller Support today telling you to do a removal order for Tower Bridge?  Seems kind of fishy.
  Here is the message:

" We received negative repeated customer feedback regarding the ASIN listed below. Unfortunately, the ASIN has unacceptably high rates of return due to damaged units, and all troubleshooting steps have been unable to prevent these items from causing negative customer experience. Due to this, the ASIN will no longer be eligible for Fulfillment by Amazon.

B003Q6BQOY - LEGO Tower Bridge 10214 (Discontinued by manufacturer)

Please create a removal order in your seller account to have these items returned to you or destroyed.

You will still be able to sell the ASIN on the Amazon website as long as orders are fulfilled through your own facilities.
"

I love the "or destroyed" part.  Yes, please just go ahead and destroy my $240 item.  I can't be bothered with it.

3 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Did anyone else get an email from Amazon Seller Support today telling you to do a removal order for Tower Bridge?  Seems kind of fishy.
  Here is the message:

" We received negative repeated customer feedback regarding the ASIN listed below. Unfortunately, the ASIN has unacceptably high rates of return due to damaged units, and all troubleshooting steps have been unable to prevent these items from causing negative customer experience. Due to this, the ASIN will no longer be eligible for Fulfillment by Amazon.

Please create a removal order in your seller account to have these items returned to you or destroyed.

You will still be able to sell the ASIN on the Amazon website as long as orders are fulfilled through your own facilities.
"

I love the "or destroyed" part.  Yes, please just go ahead and destroy my $240 item.  I can't be bothered with it.

Well that stinks ... Getting dumped on by Amazon yet again . 

Here is the message:

"

TB and EV come in big boxes that fba likes to mess up and doesn't know how to ship.

Just now, Sharkeye said:

Sorry if I misunderstood. I am still struggling to understand how any seller can provide proof of authenticity on a lego set that has been out of production for more than a year since the requirement seems to be invoices from the manufacturer within the last 6 months.

Ok, let me elaborate ... If the set is retired and you haven't been grandfathered in, then you might as well forget that one period.  Anyone whose account is in good standing (?) and had sold Lego before on the platform is good to sell without having to provide any letter of authenticity retired or not  . 

Now if you wish to sell Lego going forward and u haven't done so before , this is were it gets really tricky because it is close to impossible to get an invoice for Lego products .

35 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Here is the message:

"

I tried to send in a Sandcrawler a few days ago and it said "this item not eligible for fulfillment." It isn't restricted for me, so I assume this will be a trend for the large exclusives.  It would seem like a simple layer of bubble wrap would fix most of the issues.  I think Amazon plays the odds and doesn't really worry about packing collectible toys safely.  I constantly have to get FBA feedback removed when they ship expensive action figures in bubble mailers.  

• Like 1

I'm concerned about future sales. If you are grandfathered in and allowed to sell Lego on Amazon how do you deal with the inevitable customer claim your item is counterfeit?

If the proof of authenticity requirement is invoices less than 6 months old from the manufacturer than that is not possible on a retired Lego set for anyone. Nobody can produce invoices that are less than 6 months old on retired Lego sets. Is Amazon going to stop all retired Lego set sales on their site?

1 minute ago, Sharkeye said:

I'm concerned about future sales. If you are grandfathered in and allowed to sell Lego on Amazon how do you deal with the inevitable customer claim your item is counterfeit?

If the proof of authenticity requirement is invoices less than 6 months old from the manufacturer than that is not possible on a retired Lego set for anyone. Nobody can produce invoices that are less than 6 months old on retired Lego sets. Is Amazon going to stop all retired Lego set sales on their site?

its going to be a trust factor and eventually only the big sharks like B-A will be around :)

Everyone starts small , but as long as you play it safe and by the rules you will be ok . Amazon is no panacea , it has it issues like any other platform , deal with them in the proper manner and all will be good . 

Ofcourse they can always move the goal posts during the game but that will be a risk that one should be willing to take and always have an exit strategy in case things go south . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Well that stinks ... Getting dumped on by Amazon yet again . 

Great news if you have the old box design with the old UPC code. That one is still available to send in FBA. Who knew box queens would actually start helping my reselling business. Pure chaos right now lol.

50 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Everyone starts small , but as long as you play it safe and by the rules you will be ok . Amazon is no panacea , it has it issues like any other platform , deal with them in the proper manner and all will be good . 

Ofcourse they can always move the goal posts during the game but that will be a risk that one should be willing to take and always have an exit strategy in case things go south . 

I don't think you can "start" on Amazon right now, if we are talking Lego.