Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

12 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

When I click on payments and transaction history, I see that for a certain set, I am charged a referral fee but no pick and pack FBA fees. This is consistent for only this specific item and it is across all my sales for this item. How can this possibly be?

On the view inventory page click on the item sku, it should have a fee breakdown for everything you have sold

Screenshot 2024-09-08 092347.png

3 minutes ago, Tonka858 said:

On the view inventory page click on the item sku, it should have a fee breakdown for everything you have sold

Screenshot 2024-09-08 092347.png

On that page it does show the FBA fee. I'm referring to this page:

image.png.cbc1faf98726df787fa6bb910ebcb96a.png

For this set only, across all my sales, it takes $40 - $6 Referral fee (15%) and nets me $34. All other sales have a line for FBA fees. How is that possible?

image.thumb.png.afb32e2e0e6ab1bff79e3f56150f4cf8.png

44 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

For this set only, across all my sales, it takes $40 - $6 Referral fee (15%) and nets me $34. All other sales have a line for FBA fees. How is that possible?

In the past week or two, I've had the same thing with an item. I was selling it for a while and was getting charged the fee and then stopped being charged the fee. Not sure why, but I assume they'll figure it out eventually and take their fees. 

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Seeing it's Amazon anything is possible,

We shipped 12 pallets to AWD while in route the warehouse filled up, Our pallets sat in a trailer at the shipping companies yard for 6 weeks, Shipping company just kept telling they are waiting for Amazon to tell them the new warehouse, Which in the LA area there is a lot. 

I kept emailing amazon, canned replies they are working on it., then out of nowhere its delivered and received in full all in 1 day, Which never happens with that many pallets 

Maybe this has been a thing for a while but I don't think so because it says New.  Just noticing I have $500 in "deferred transaction" status I should get sometime down the road but can't say exactly when.

waking up to the new reality of receiving business orders with pay by invoice where payment is being deferred until some future date with no way of opting out of this?  wtf!?!  

the best part is if you really want your money that you are due after you shipped the set out to the customer you can pay an extra 1.5% processing charge.  

..!.. amazon

What is Pay by Invoice?

Pay by Invoice allows qualified Amazon Business customers to buy on Amazon and receive billing invoices for their orders. Amazon Business customers who have access to Pay by Invoice have terms such as net 30 that determine when their invoices are due (30 days after bill date in case of net 30).

Who can use Pay by Invoice?

Only qualified Amazon Business customers can opt to use Pay by Invoice for their Amazon buys. Invoicing is one of the most relevant payment methods for business customers.

What are the benefits of Pay by Invoice to sellers?

In the past, business buyers who prefer to pay using invoices have been unable to buy on the Amazon Store. Pay by Invoice represents a huge growth opportunity for sellers by opening up their selection to these business buyers.

Business buyers also like to have a limited set of suppliers with which they transact. By offering an extensive selection and one source of billing for such Buyers, Amazon has made it possible for sellers to gain access to Buyers who may not have transacted with them individually.

Doing business through invoicing traditionally requires additional account receivables work for the seller, in assessing buyers' creditworthiness, billing them for buys, following up for payments, collecting on unpaid invoices and managing bad debt. Amazon is removing this burden for sellers by taking on these responsibilities and managing them efficiently at scale. Sellers do not pay any incremental fees for these additional services.

Why did I receive a Pay by Invoice order when I am not enrolled in Amazon Business?

Selection from all sellers on Amazon is made available on Amazon Business to ensure the same growth opportunity for all sellers and the wide selection for Amazon Business customers.

Are there any additional fees for receiving Pay by Invoice orders?

No. There is no additional fee charged for Pay by Invoice orders.

If you prefer to get early payments on your invoiced orders you can change your invoiced order payment settings and your payment for Pay by Invoice orders will be credited to the available balance of your selling on Amazon account immediately after shipment by paying a 1.5% processing charge.

Note: Reserves due to delivery date policies still apply to these proceeds.

When will I receive my payment for Pay by Invoice orders?

Amazon will credit the available balance of sellers’ Selling on Amazon account when payment for the Invoice is received from the customer. This may occur around the due date or even before due date.

However, in case of late payments, Amazon will assume the risk and credit the available balance of the sellers’ Selling on Amazon account on the 7th day past the due date if the customer has not paid by that time.

If you want to be paid early for invoiced orders you may change your invoiced order payment settings and your payment will be credited to the available balance of your selling on Amazon account immediately after shipment by paying a 1.5% processing charge. The payment for invoiced orders is guaranteed even when a buyer is late or defaults on payment. This new invoiced order payment process will be launched after June 30, 2018, although it may take longer to receive your first invoiced order due to the limited number of Amazon Business buyers qualified for Pay by Invoice.

Can I get paid early on my Pay by Invoice orders?

Yes. If you want to be paid early for invoiced orders you may change your invoiced order payment settings and get payment credited to the available balance of your selling on Amazon account immediately after shipment confirmation by paying a 1.5% processing charge.

Do I need to contact Selling Partner Support to enable Pay by Invoice?

You do not have to take any action to enable Pay by Invoice. In case of any questions, contact Selling Partner Support.

Will I be able to see my reports specifically related to pending invoiced orders and transactions separately?

To see a list of pending invoiced orders, go to Seller Central menu and select Payments > Payments > Transaction View . On the Transaction View, select Account type: Invoiced Orders, Transaction Type: All transaction types, and Transaction Status: Deferred Transactions, and click Update.

Can I opt-out of receiving invoiced orders?

No. Amazon's mission is to offer the earth's biggest selection of products to our customers, and this includes our business customers. To ensure a great shopping experience for Amazon Business customers, we believe that all selection should be available to them, and we believe the services and protections we offer to sellers makes an opt-out unnecessary. This is a great opportunity for sellers and we want them to be able to participate fully.

If I join Amazon Business, will all my orders be paid using Pay by Invoice and paid after buyer pays Amazon?

No. Only qualified Amazon Business customers have the ability to place orders using Pay by Invoice. Joining the Amazon Business seller program does not convert all your orders to invoicing. During payment, if a customer pays for any order using other payment methods, you will not be affected by invoicing.

Do I need to contact buyers to request payment for Pay by Invoice orders?

No. Sellers should not contact the buyer for payment on a Pay by Invoice order. Like with any customer order on Amazon, Amazon will track and collect invoiced customer payments.

Why am I getting payment disbursements from Amazon Services LLC?

Pay by Invoice transactions need to be recorded by Amazon under a separate business entity (Amazon Services LLC), so these transactions are displayed separately. You will continue to be paid in the same bank account you have designated.

To enable ease of reconciliation, you are provided with a separate set of payment reports for invoiced order payments. When you go to Reports > Payments , after you have received your first Invoiced order, you will see a tab for Invoiced orders at the top of the page. All your invoiced orders will be reported under this tab and any balance from these orders will be paid through Amazon Services LLC to your bank account.

To learn more about payments, go to Get payment reports.

What happens if a Pay by Invoice order is returned?

In the event of a returned Pay by Invoice order, you are able to follow the standard returns process assuming they match or exceed Amazon’s return policies. If the refund is initiated while the buyer payment is still pending, the refund amount will remain pending against the sale Net Amount in that is pending buyer payment. The refund adjustment will be posted to your Available Balance at the same time as the sale Net Amount, when the buyer pays for the Invoice or latest by 7days past the due date of the Invoice. If the refund is initiated after the buyer payment has been received, the refund adjustment will be posted to your Available Balance immediately.

On 9/10/2024 at 6:17 PM, cladner said:

Maybe this has been a thing for a while but I don't think so because it says New.  Just noticing I have $500 in "deferred transaction" status I should get sometime down the road but can't say exactly when.

waking up to the new reality of receiving business orders with pay by invoice where payment is being deferred until some future date with no way of opting out of this?  wtf!?!  

the best part is if you really want your money that you are due after you shipped the set out to the customer you can pay an extra 1.5% processing charge.  

..!.. amazon

What is Pay by Invoice?

Pay by Invoice allows qualified Amazon Business customers to buy on Amazon and receive billing invoices for their orders. Amazon Business customers who have access to Pay by Invoice have terms such as net 30 that determine when their invoices are due (30 days after bill date in case of net 30).

Who can use Pay by Invoice?

Only qualified Amazon Business customers can opt to use Pay by Invoice for their Amazon buys. Invoicing is one of the most relevant payment methods for business customers.

What are the benefits of Pay by Invoice to sellers?

In the past, business buyers who prefer to pay using invoices have been unable to buy on the Amazon Store. Pay by Invoice represents a huge growth opportunity for sellers by opening up their selection to these business buyers.

Business buyers also like to have a limited set of suppliers with which they transact. By offering an extensive selection and one source of billing for such Buyers, Amazon has made it possible for sellers to gain access to Buyers who may not have transacted with them individually.

Doing business through invoicing traditionally requires additional account receivables work for the seller, in assessing buyers' creditworthiness, billing them for buys, following up for payments, collecting on unpaid invoices and managing bad debt. Amazon is removing this burden for sellers by taking on these responsibilities and managing them efficiently at scale. Sellers do not pay any incremental fees for these additional services.

Why did I receive a Pay by Invoice order when I am not enrolled in Amazon Business?

Selection from all sellers on Amazon is made available on Amazon Business to ensure the same growth opportunity for all sellers and the wide selection for Amazon Business customers.

Are there any additional fees for receiving Pay by Invoice orders?

No. There is no additional fee charged for Pay by Invoice orders.

If you prefer to get early payments on your invoiced orders you can change your invoiced order payment settings and your payment for Pay by Invoice orders will be credited to the available balance of your selling on Amazon account immediately after shipment by paying a 1.5% processing charge.

When will I receive my payment for Pay by Invoice orders?

Amazon will credit the available balance of sellers’ Selling on Amazon account when payment for the Invoice is received from the customer. This may occur around the due date or even before due date.

However, in case of late payments, Amazon will assume the risk and credit the available balance of the sellers’ Selling on Amazon account on the 7th day past the due date if the customer has not paid by that time.

If you want to be paid early for invoiced orders you may change your invoiced order payment settings and your payment will be credited to the available balance of your selling on Amazon account immediately after shipment by paying a 1.5% processing charge. The payment for invoiced orders is guaranteed even when a buyer is late or defaults on payment. This new invoiced order payment process will be launched after June 30, 2018, although it may take longer to receive your first invoiced order due to the limited number of Amazon Business buyers qualified for Pay by Invoice.

Can I get paid early on my Pay by Invoice orders?

Yes. If you want to be paid early for invoiced orders you may change your invoiced order payment settings and get payment credited to the available balance of your selling on Amazon account immediately after shipment confirmation by paying a 1.5% processing charge.

Do I need to contact Selling Partner Support to enable Pay by Invoice?

You do not have to take any action to enable Pay by Invoice. In case of any questions, contact Selling Partner Support.

Will I be able to see my reports specifically related to pending invoiced orders and transactions separately?

To see a list of pending invoiced orders, go to Seller Central menu and select Payments > Payments > Transaction View . On the Transaction View, select Account type: Invoiced Orders, Transaction Type: All transaction types, and Transaction Status: Deferred Transactions, and click Update.

Can I opt-out of receiving invoiced orders?

No. Amazon's mission is to offer the earth's biggest selection of products to our customers, and this includes our business customers. To ensure a great shopping experience for Amazon Business customers, we believe that all selection should be available to them, and we believe the services and protections we offer to sellers makes an opt-out unnecessary. This is a great opportunity for sellers and we want them to be able to participate fully.

If I join Amazon Business, will all my orders be paid using Pay by Invoice and paid after buyer pays Amazon?

No. Only qualified Amazon Business customers have the ability to place orders using Pay by Invoice. Joining the Amazon Business seller program does not convert all your orders to invoicing. During payment, if a customer pays for any order using other payment methods, you will not be affected by invoicing.

Do I need to contact buyers to request payment for Pay by Invoice orders?

No. Sellers should not contact the buyer for payment on a Pay by Invoice order. Like with any customer order on Amazon, Amazon will track and collect invoiced customer payments.

Why am I getting payment disbursements from Amazon Services LLC?

Pay by Invoice transactions need to be recorded by Amazon under a separate business entity (Amazon Services LLC), so these transactions are displayed separately. You will continue to be paid in the same bank account you have designated.

To enable ease of reconciliation, you are provided with a separate set of payment reports for invoiced order payments. When you go to Reports > Payments , after you have received your first Invoiced order, you will see a tab for Invoiced orders at the top of the page. All your invoiced orders will be reported under this tab and any balance from these orders will be paid through Amazon Services LLC to your bank account.

To learn more about payments, go to Get payment reports.

What happens if a Pay by Invoice order is returned?

In the event of a returned Pay by Invoice order, you are able to follow the standard returns process assuming they match or exceed Amazon’s return policies. If the refund is initiated while the buyer payment is still pending, the refund amount will remain pending against the sale Net Amount in that is pending buyer payment. The refund adjustment will be posted to your Available Balance at the same time as the sale Net Amount, when the buyer pays for the Invoice or latest by 7days past the due date of the Invoice. If the refund is initiated after the buyer payment has been received, the refund adjustment will be posted to your Available Balance immediately.

This has been going on for a while for business accounts.

I prefer business orders even though payment takes 30 days. I barely receive any returns from invoiced orders. Maybe 1 or 2 in the last 2 years.  Charge a restocking fee and move on.

Giving Inventory Lab a try for the first time.  Guessing I need to change something because my items listed in Mexico as well -- which I don't want.  When I go to "edit" listings and turn off Mexican I keep getting this error.  Tried doing it on the app and get the same result.  Any suggestions?

• An error occurred when we tried to process your request. We apologize for the inconvience. Rest assured that we are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Please try again at a later time.

I do have Mexico listed as "inactive" in vacation settings as well.  Is it an "export" setting?

Edited by gmpirate