Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

44 minutes ago, Migration said:

Currently dealing with the same issue, the case I opened has been in “transferred” status for about a week. All funds go to reserve. Zero issues with account and nothing in my case log. FBA stuff is still active, I put FBM on vacation mode. 

So it sounds like we both got lumped into a batch of seller accounts under review right around the same time.  Same with the "transferred" status.  

29 minutes ago, Migration said:

The best part is all the emails from Amazon telling me I’m running low on inventory in FBA…I ain’t sending in **** until this craps resolved. 

100%

23 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Yeah. I have it all.  Information act stuff, all of it.  What's weird is I have nothing in my notifications and there are no open cases for it.  Never got an email, nothing. I've read up on others getting their accounts under review and most got some notification as to why, but not all.  I think Vasp is correct, especially since he's experienced it.  It'll come to pass in due time.  I read somewhere that they are not to take more than 30 days.  Luckily I'm not solely reliant on amazon, but I also don't want my account gone.  I'll wait it out and see what happens leading up to the 30 days.  Probably nothing hopefully, and I get my funds released and back to business as usual.

You call account health?

43 minutes ago, Tonka858 said:

You call account health?

Yes.  I believe it was account health, who couldn't find anything, they then transferred me to someone else, who could not find anything, who then escelated my case elsewhere and now is in trasferred status lol.

8 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Yes.  I believe it was account health, who couldn't find anything, they then transferred me to someone else, who could not find anything, who then escelated my case elsewhere and now is in trasferred status lol.

Ditto. 

When sending in multiple sku's in one box for FBA. I find that amazon will sometimes allow all the skus to be sent in one box, and sometimes will make me send in 2. This is frustrating because I already pack them in the warehouse and then go to print the label.

Is there any way to know in advance which amazon will let me combine?

4 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

When sending in multiple sku's in one box for FBA. I find that amazon will sometimes allow all the skus to be sent in one box, and sometimes will make me send in 2. This is frustrating because I already pack them in the warehouse and then go to print the label.

It my experience, it kinds of depends on how many of the items they want at particular warehouses, so there's no real good predictor when doing Multiple Skus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Placement fee's must be brutal doing one box

31 minutes ago, Tonka858 said:

Placement fee's must be brutal doing one box

Still beats what I would make selling them on ebay. These are mostly one off returns or sets that fell between the cracks over the years that I occasionally round up when they accumulate and ship them all off together.

In any case amazon didnt like me complaining so now all shipments are down for me

image.png.a306736fb9de435a55824daba95b1f59.png

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a few of my FBM listings are matching lowest FBA price despite price I've set being $7+ higher.  And there's no 'discount provided by Amazon' either.

Sales go through with the price I've set, but doubt buyer is paying that.  

Couldn't understand how I was getting these sales when I was like the 25th lowest price - went to listing and I figured out why.

Maybe this is their way of returning favor after years of getting hosed by suppression, sudden stranded inventory, and the 20+ other things that have made it harder to sell on this platform.

10 hours ago, carini26 said:

Noticed a few of my FBM listings are matching lowest FBA price despite price I've set being $7+ higher.  And there's no 'discount provided by Amazon' either.

Sales go through with the price I've set, but doubt buyer is paying that.  

Couldn't understand how I was getting these sales when I was like the 25th lowest price - went to listing and I figured out why.

Maybe this is their way of returning favor after years of getting hosed by suppression, sudden stranded inventory, and the 20+ other things that have made it harder to sell on this platform.

Check the delivery estimates. Sometimes they prioritize speed. 

11 hours ago, Migration said:

Check the delivery estimates. Sometimes they prioritize speed. 

My deliveries are always tight - 2 to 3 day delivery.  But I listed FBM item for $93 and Amazon is advertising @ $85. 

Noticed this on a few others.  Less drastic match (.05 - $2.50), but they're matching lowest seller without me matching.  Sale on my end still goes through with price I listed.

55 minutes ago, Tonka858 said:

It used to be just 4 boxes now it's 5,  

People on the east coast does most of your stuff go to the west?

Yes. A lot of my stuff goes to CA, AZ, WA or TX.  Rarely one will go to NC (small) or IN (oversize)

On 8/15/2024 at 8:12 PM, vasp said:

Yes. A lot of my stuff goes to CA, AZ, WA or TX.  Rarely one will go to NC (small) or IN (oversize)

We mostly do AWD now to avoid this but, those are now averaging 3-4 weeks before check in

8 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I feel like it is safer to opt out. I see the amazon forum post below and similar posts and wonder if not opting out will result in any of these issues.

image.png.e9df03c4818f94284ad70509f3e51680.png

image.thumb.png.868f182b9f606263309c564a5a2ca7fd.png

image.png.1b727484ddca1dc9f2936168ba584d4c.png

Not sure one has anything to do with the other, especially if you have no sales in either Canada or Brazil.  I have the two currently on vacation mode.  My funds were held while my account was under review.  They released the funds within 10 days.  No interview, nothing.  Not even an email stating why my account was under review.  I think they are batching groups of sellers and holding balances while they glance through accounts on a rolling basis.  Just my measly theory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Not sure one has anything to do with the other, especially if you have no sales in either Canada or Brazil.  I have the two currently on vacation mode.  My funds were held while my account was under review.  They released the funds within 10 days.  No interview, nothing.  Not even an email stating why my account was under review.  I think they are batching groups of sellers and holding balances while they glance through accounts on a rolling basis.  Just my measly theory.

So you are back in the clear I hope? Great news if yes!

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

So you are back in the clear I hope? Great news if yes!

Yeah, so is @Migration.  He and I both had our funds locked for the same amount of time.  I also just checked my charge methods for Canada and Brazil.  I did have a charge method for both and still had my funds held....so I have no idea why they did it in the first place.  Always one new thing to worry about with Amazon every ......single ......year lol.

Edited by LegoBro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

INVENTORY LAB:  Can shipments be created will in the "trial version"?  Can't figure out how to start creating a FBA shipment 🤔

used to be the case unless they changed things. go to list then list and prep , choose from the drop down options and you should be good to add pdts. 

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

used to be the case unless they changed things. go to list then list and prep , choose from the drop down options and you should be good to add pdts. 

I'm such an idiot.  Clicked on wrong search result and signed up with Sellerboard . . .

• Haha 1