Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

7 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I see this on my transaction summary. What is promo rebate expense? I dont recall ever making a promo?

image.png.053729f898c1165fb7fe6cb2a2a54f9a.png

I dont know exactly but here in EU Amazon applies sometimes discounts to some fba offers. Here they state that they pay for the Promo discount. 

4 hours ago, Sozial said:

I dont know exactly but here in EU Amazon applies sometimes discounts to some fba offers. Here they state that they pay for the Promo discount. 

Indeed I did have 1 listing where amazon for some reason lowered the price to consumers by like $5 for some reason. But Arent these expenses lowering my payout from my total revenue?

1 minute ago, redcell said:

Who do you drop it off with?

there is no place to drop it off. Amazon's drivers pick it up. Certain drivers do a split run delivering packages in the morning and picking up in the afternoon.It is not the same driver they rotate so there is no consistency and you cannot get to know the driver. If they skip you or miss the pickup there is no place to drop it off.  Officially if they skip you you contact them and they will send a rescue truck but the reality is that it doesn't happen . The customer service is atrocious -think amazons customer service minus if you thought that was possible. The packages go through amazons network and are delivered through amazons drivers although some of them are dropped at the local post office for last mile delivery. I received a email a few days ago about how they are improving their customer support for pickup issues however the reality hasn't matched the talk. In general i avoid it completely unless there is significant savings per package and even then i dont know if the headache is worth the hassle. In addition they can put unexpected charges on your account that are more then double the original shipping costs and are almost impossible to remove. I think i finally figured out what triggers the charges but  its just encapsulates their issues 

1) terrible customer support that has no clue and mostly are the regular amazon agents that have no clue amazon does this and keep on insisting you should contact ups 

2) hundreds of dollars of charges that they never informed you about and just take from your amazon account and none of the agents or supervisors  has a clue what their for therefore they can't be removed -i escalated and got nowhere although as mentioned i think i figured out what triggers it an dhow to avoid it

3) consistent missed pickups

• Like 1

1 minute ago, river41 said:

there is no place to drop it off. Amazon's drivers pick it up. Certain drivers do a split run delivering packages in the morning and picking up in the afternoon.It is not the same driver they rotate so there is no consistency and you cannot get to know the driver. If they skip you or miss the pickup there is no place to drop it off.  Officially if they skip you you contact them and they will send a rescue truck but the reality is that it doesn't happen . The customer service is atrocious -think amazons customer service minus if you thought that was possible. The packages go through amazons network and are delivered through amazons drivers although some of them are dropped at the local post office for last mile delivery. I received a email a few days ago about how they are improving their customer support for pickup issues however the reality hasn't matched the talk. In general i avoid it completely unless there is significant savings per package and even then i dont know if the headache is worth the hassle. In addition they can put unexpected charges on your account that are more then double the original shipping costs and are almost impossible to remove. I think i finally figured out what triggers the charges but  its just encapsulates their issues 

1) terrible customer support that has no clue and mostly are the regular amazon agents that have no clue amazon does this and keep on insisting you should contact ups 

2) hundreds of dollars of charges that they never informed you about and just take from your amazon account and none of the agents or supervisors  has a clue what their for therefore they can't be removed -i escalated and got nowhere although as mentioned i think i figured out what triggers it an dhow to avoid it

#3 is instant deal breaker. Scanned packages on time are my biggest amazon concern.

3 minutes ago, river41 said:

Are they not using an app that tracks their GPS and routes their pickups?  I don't understand how a pickup would be "missed".  

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

#3 is instant deal breaker. Scanned packages on time are my biggest amazon concern.

the amazon driver came before my ups pickup so if they skipped me that day i used to cancel my amazon labels and then print ups labels and ship it out via ups but again its a hassle and also for some reason in those cases they never updated the tracking for the customer so i got so many emails asking me where their package was and why it was never shipped-like i said its a huge hassle and thats why i rarely use them now 

27 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

Are they not using an app that tracks their GPS and routes their pickups?  I don't understand how a pickup would be "missed".  

the pickup is marked completed  on my dashboard even though in reality nobody came so it's a issue of the driver not doing what he said he did.I asked your question about gps tracking to their customer support and got nowhere. I tried to talk to the drivers but it's useless as they are a different one every day and the one you are speaking to is not the one who skipped you yesterday. 1 of them told me that amazon does this purposely  that they don't want a driver to have his route. 

clearly pickups issues are a widespread problem for them as i got the emal i will paste below recently but in reality for all their words nothing has changed -you still cannot contact the transportation team directly 

On 10 Jan 2024, we introduced a faster pickup support experience for US Shippers. With this new experience, we will be able to connect your pickup queries directly to our transportation team, leading to faster resolution.

To use this new experience, login to your shipper central account, navigate to the contact us page(from the hamburger menu), select pickup as the category of your query, and provide the necessary details in the form. The form will direct your query to the transportation team, who will be resolve it and provide the required support.

We thank all our customers whose constructive feedback has led to this initiative.

Best,
Amazon Shipping
Edited by river41

had this option at the start or middle of this past holiday season, but never finished the sign-up since there was no option for drop offs. Maybe, I'd look into it once they work out the kinks. I'm at a point  where both the UPS and USPS location likes me and don't mind all the scanning.....lol. You gotta treat them well. :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, joch29 said:

I'm at a point  where both the UPS and USPS location likes me and don't mind all the scanning.....lol. You gotta treat them well. :) 

UPS stores make money scanning your packages.  USPS could care less either way.

my post office closes whenever certain employee feels pissed off cuz they are not getting enough help. So they would lock the doors during business hrs.

Not sure if I read this here or on amazon forum, but ups was covering the FBA labels to not confuse their scanning, I've also seen them throw, kick huge heavy boxes into their trucks carelessly. All I know is that I have not had any major issues with my shipments. *knocks on wood*

Edited by joch29

12 hours ago, NIevo said:

Has anyone ever had a problem with selling sets on Amazon that have the Chinese import stickers on them?  Some larger sets they are hardly noticeable but smaller sets they do stick out.

Don't have personal experience. But from looking at the sellers from Japan, Korea & China selling legos on amazon, I'm sure their sets have specific markings. They don't seem to be having any problems.

3 hours ago, vasp said:

Don't have personal experience. But from looking at the sellers from Japan, Korea & China selling legos on amazon, I'm sure their sets have specific markings. They don't seem to be having any problems.

Are you seeing a lot of overseas sellers on LEGO listings?  Maybe a dumb question, but I've never paid attention or looked.

On 1/17/2024 at 4:48 PM, NIevo said:

Has anyone ever had a problem with selling sets on Amazon that have the Chinese import stickers on them?  Some larger sets they are hardly noticeable but smaller sets they do stick out.

You probably will get customer claiming they are fake

Just curious what other folks Christmas returns rate is so far. I’m at about 3% and of those most have been returned in sellable condition and returned to inventory. Pretty happy with this year’s Returnuary so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Islego said:

Just curious what other folks Christmas returns rate is so far. I’m at about 3% and of those most have been returned in sellable condition and returned to inventory. Pretty happy with this year’s Returnuary so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2,3%, and about 50% of that in sellable condition, but I think that is due to shipping to/handling in FCs.

• Like 1