Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Anyone get this email today? I'm wary of interacting with amazon at all beyond what is strictly needed but this actually sounds interesting, and I definitely do not get my fair share of the buy box...

Doesn't hurt to correspond but just seems like other emails they regularly send.

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Doesn't hurt to correspond but just seems like other emails they regularly send.

They called also and left message. Seems the broader strategic account services is actually a paid for feature that gets mixed reviews. However, this offer seems a bit more limited in scope. Curious if anyone used this and can recommend

5 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Anyone get this email today? I'm wary of interacting with amazon at all beyond what is strictly needed but this actually sounds interesting, and I definitely do not get my fair share of the buy box...

image.thumb.png.4a28684781c8789a3bec7cb4300cdba1.png

we got it, we are ignoring it, They will just want us to run sales 

• Haha 2

Hi - I have been successfully selling LEGO on Amazon for >10 years (and thank you BrickPicker for guidance along the way)... my selling account was grandfathered into selling LEGO.

Recently, I had to take a few months off for personal reasons and my account went inactive -- when I re-activated it, it de-listed all of my LEGO inventory: it says that I need to "Request selling approval for policy compliance" ... did I just totally screw up my account and I will have to resort to only using Ebay? Ugh.

(and no, i am not an official reseller)

Edited by g3man

2 hours ago, g3man said:

Recently, I had to take a few months off for personal reasons and my account went inactive -- when I re-activated it, it de-listed all of my LEGO inventory: it says that I need to "Request selling approval for policy compliance" ... did I just totally screw up my account and I will have to resort to only using Ebay? Ugh.

When you say the account went inactive, what do you mean by that? Did you put your account on vacation mode? How many items have to tried to list?

51 minutes ago, landphieran said:

When you say the account went inactive, what do you mean by that? Did you put your account on vacation mode? How many items have to tried to list?

I got notice after 3 months of "Vacation mode" that "Account Set to Inactive due to Dormancy". When I started to re-activate, I had to re-verify my identify and bank accounts. Once that was successful, though, my listings went active, but then all my LEGO were turned inactive... 

And when I request approval, I get the message: "We are not accepting applications to sell: Other $LEGO branded in New, Used, Refurbished, Collectible condition(s)"

additional background - everything I had was FBM, not FBA. Ugh.

Edit - I had an unproductive Chat with Amazon Support. They did state "The restrictions are time-limited, you will be allowed to sell" when I asked if this was a permanent ban or not... but I think the core problem will be that I lost my grandfathered LEGO selling status. Ugh... best case (which I doubt) is this is some holiday-related restriction like in years past... but that has not existed for the last couple of years, to my knowledge. Support did say "You will not be auto-reinstated, you will have to submit approval for the brand or category restriction". 8-(

Edited by g3man

1 hour ago, g3man said:

I got notice after 3 months of "Vacation mode" that "Account Set to Inactive due to Dormancy". When I started to re-activate, I had to re-verify my identify and bank accounts. Once that was successful, though, my listings went active, but then all my LEGO were turned inactive... 

That is strange because I hadn't logged in since early March until October. Set my vacation mode in late December and just turned it off a few weeks ago. I got this notice below every few weeks. I'd guess something else is off if this happened. Check your reviews or performance metrics and your inbox to see if missed something.

Dear Selling Partner,
Greetings from Amazon.
We are reaching out to you to notify your seller central is in “Active” “Going on holidays” status. If you are currently not on vacation, please update the “Going on holidays” status to “Inactive” in seller central by clicking on the link below to activate all your listings -