Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

I hate those scumbags. I am usually good for about 2 scam sets a year. This last year was actually scam/return light.

Amazon was in a good mood today, They gave me a credit for the set of $25 for a 21153, I did not even have to provide additional info ..

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 9:12 AM, gmpirate said:

So, what is everyone's favorite Amazon inventory management software now?  I've been googling to see what is popular now but not really getting a definitive.

are you trying to keep track of your items over multiple platforms?  

1 hour ago, Tonka858 said:

are you trying to keep track of your items over multiple platforms?  

Really just Amazon.  I dump stuff on EBay, but I do t buy to sell there.  I’ve always just issued Quickbooks but been thinking again about using a specific app and see how I like the process.  Inventory Lab always seemed to be the app people used in the past but wondering if these have changed or if there is something new to check out.  There’s so much spam on the subject it’s difficult to discern.

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Really just Amazon.  I dump stuff on EBay, but I do t buy to sell there.  I’ve always just issued Quickbooks but been thinking again about using a specific app and see how I like the process.  Inventory Lab always seemed to be the app people used in the past but wondering if these have changed or if there is something new to check out.  There’s so much spam on the subject it’s difficult to discern.

I use inventory lab and it works well. Not perfect, but it's good. 

Here’s a new one. Got a one star negative review from a buyer whining about his delayed delivery of curtain rods, which is not the Lego set I sold him. Of course this doesn’t fit within the criteria to have it removed by the Amazon review bots. It lets me send a message to the buyer but it’s a standard form letter asking if everything has been resolved satisfactorily. All I could do after that was leave a response explaining his error. Geez 

Do you buy extra shipping insurance when sending to Amazon (FBA)? I'm not sure if it's possible to buy extra insurance.

What happens if somehow the shipment got damage and there is no extra insurance?

1 hour ago, airhanny said:

Do you buy extra shipping insurance when sending to Amazon (FBA)? I'm not sure if it's possible to buy extra insurance.

What happens if somehow the shipment got damage and there is no extra insurance?

Never heard of anyone buying insurance.  If something happened I would guess the process would be the same as if it were lost within the Amazon infrastructure.  Provide receipts, etc. and get some kind of value based on their determination.  Never had an issue or heard of anyone else however . . . 

The only time I ever shipped something to FBA and they lost a case of a set, they eventually just reimbursed me for the items lost. I think a certain amount of insurance is basically built in once it's confirmed picked up/dropped off to the shipper. It's happened exactly once in whatever, 12+ years.

Anyone else seeing some of their listings getting bumped down?  I’ve been selling helmets at a pretty good rate and lately they’ve stalled out.  I haven’t looked at all of them yet but so far I see three that have been bumped way down on search while the same helmets under other listings are at the top AT HIGHER PRICES!  I.e. look at Tie Fighter Helmet.  $480 has buy box at top of search.  The other listing has no buy box at $420 — waaaaay down on search.  

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Anyone else seeing some of their listings getting bumped down?  I’ve been selling helmets at a pretty good rate and lately they’ve stalled out.  I haven’t looked at all of them yet but so far I see three that have been bumped way down on search while the same helmets under other listings are at the top AT HIGHER PRICES!  I.e. look at Tie Fighter Helmet.  $480 has buy box at top of search.  The other listing has no buy box at $420 — waaaaay down on search.  

Normally that happens when the real listing loses the buy box,

Report it on this link and select this option

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/abuse-submission/form/duplicate-listing

Product detail page violates Amazon’s policies or is misleading customers/ click The product listing is a duplicate of another product listing

This only works if your on the real listing.

Edited by Tonka858
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. I was thinking about sending in some Lego keyrings into Amazon but I'm confused on the labelling. 

As I know you can only fit 1x2 inch labels on the items which due to there small size won't fit.

Is it the case of having to package them with someone else and appling the label on the outer side, or would commingling be an option. 

Any help on how you do this would be appreciated. 

14 hours ago, max404 said:

Hi everyone. I was thinking about sending in some Lego keyrings into Amazon but I'm confused on the labelling. 

As I know you can only fit 1x2 inch labels on the items which due to there small size won't fit.

Is it the case of having to package them with someone else and appling the label on the outer side, or would commingling be an option. 

Any help on how you do this would be appreciated. 

put the item in a small poly bag and attach the label to that

Edited by Tonka858

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like like my amazon account is under review.  Balance is 0 and thousands in reserve.  My last disbursement went to 0 the day before it was supposed to be issued.  I received no notifications or email.  No case logs, nothing. Health is good, 0 violations, 100% feedback.  I did call but they were not able to find anything wrong with my account.  Transferred my issue to another team, but I'm not holding my breath.  My products continue to be sold on FBA. I only do FBA.  I heard it takes 30 days.  Anyone have any experience with this.  I guess I sit and just wait?  Pardon if this was placed on the wrong board.

Edited by LegoBro

13 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Looks like like my amazon account is under review.  Balance is 0 and thousands in reserve.  My last disbursement went to 0 the day before it was supposed to be issued.  I received no notifications or email.  No case logs, nothing. Health is good, 0 violations, 100% feedback.  I did call but they were not able to find anything wrong with my account.  Transferred my issue to another team, but I'm not holding my breath.  My products continue to be sold on FBA. I only do FBA.  I heard it takes 30 days.  Anyone have any experience with this.  I guess I sit and just wait?  Pardon if this was placed on the wrong board.

Happened to me 2 or 3 times over the 20+ years. I was predominantly FBM and some FBA during the holidays. Most SC reps have no clue. As long as your metrics are ok, don't worry about it.  As long as your sales continue just wait it out. Takes time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tonka858 said:

do you have biz insurance? Did you fill out your personal info for that, Information act?

check the business section of your account see if anything needs attention 

Yeah. I have it all.  Information act stuff, all of it.  What's weird is I have nothing in my notifications and there are no open cases for it.  Never got an email, nothing. I've read up on others getting their accounts under review and most got some notification as to why, but not all.  I think Vasp is correct, especially since he's experienced it.  It'll come to pass in due time.  I read somewhere that they are not to take more than 30 days.  Luckily I'm not solely reliant on amazon, but I also don't want my account gone.  I'll wait it out and see what happens leading up to the 30 days.  Probably nothing hopefully, and I get my funds released and back to business as usual.

On 7/28/2024 at 12:48 AM, LegoBro said:

Currently dealing with the same issue, the case I opened has been in “transferred” status for about a week. All funds go to reserve. Zero issues with account and nothing in my case log. FBA stuff is still active, I put FBM on vacation mode.