10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

​Keep bumping up that number and we might be investing in some Canadian loonie with the profits.

I am hyped on it but I have been I have been thinking $750 for quite some time.  There is no bounds to what Star Wars nuts (myself included) will spend to get what they want.  Put it with Christmas and the Movie and Bam.

I hope you are right Trek, but I've got a feeling there are too many sellers with inventory to let it rise that much so soon.  I'm just hoping for $500+ by Xmas.

​remember Trek is an optimist... but I am a QFLL at heart and have been doing considerable non lego and lego QFLL.

Something has me hanging onto everything star wars until december and I have an inherent desire to QFLL

​remember Trek is an optimist... but I am a QFLL at heart and have been doing considerable non lego and lego QFLL.

Something has me hanging onto everything star wars until december and I have an inherent desire to QFLL

​That something is the Force. I can't buy shares of Star Wars... I can't buy shares of LEGO... but I can't invest in Star Wars LEGO.

(I'm not buying stock in Disney. Just not doing it.)

While you guys are speculating about this set, I've been busy buying...

need to fill up the rest of the shelf...accepting donations. 

image.jpg

​Wow, all look like prefect boxes, you must have loaded them into your truck them from the assembly line.  Good job

​Hmmmm, what's BB-8 going to look like in LEGO form?

​It could be not that hard to create in a smaller size:

Mold in white the vehicule below, put some orange stickers on it, rotate 90° en add the head on the top

Edited by TheOrcKing

I have a hunch that this droid will be the new jar jar. It just looks so stupid whenever I see it in the released scenes, it just destroys the atmosphere. Putting there Mickey mouse himself wouldn't do much worse. 

R2 is okay, it will do fine, meatbags will even like it more when they see how much better it is than this rolling joke. 

But when will they make a droid like HK-47? He was actually funny and not because being stupid and clumsy.

​I was busy buying my 25 back when they were at MSRP. How many have you purchased at 100%-200% MSRP like you you've done with SSD, TH, etc.

I commend you on your purchase of 25 at retail. Wish I would've bought all mine at MSRP also...as I'm pretty sure we all do here. I was only able to nab 12 at retail, and then started buying the rest once it hit 275ish...and still trying to pick up what I can for 350 or less right now...I mean, I can't leave that bottom shelf empty,  can I.  These shelves are awesome! Motivates me to fill the shelves...like trying to complete a set or something. 

I only got two town halls at retail, and started buying those at $319 from Amazon, up to 500. I have 30 TH's now...need 42 to complete that shelf..that's going to be though. 10 SSD for 600-700 each....done with those. Also working on a shelf of tower bridges....all at MSRP! Lol

I know its a little hard for some of you to swallow purchasing this much at 2x retail, when these could've been bought six months for msrp, but hey if you can do it, why not. I have a of term plan for most of these 3 sets, and wont sell until I double my investment, or close to it. I'm just building my stock for the next couple year...trying to get to 250k in 2-3 yrs time. 

• Like 3

^ If you have the cash, go for it. You will not loose money on those three sets. For my R2s I got 37 at or below retail. I purchased many more off from bricklink, but I stopped once prices topped $200. Once a set goes EOL I am done, time to move on. I can't see how money spent on a TH is better than say Pet Shop or Red 5 at this point.

• Like 1

TH is the modern exception and not the rule. With 20/20 hindsight, I wish I had gotten even more in Nov 2014 when they were readily available rather than wasting time chasing GE´s, R2´s, SSD´s and HH´s.

The virtual investment game indicated that it pays to go all in on one set - the problem is knowing the one that will go stellar.

• Like 1