10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

• 2 weeks later...

Is that how you explained it to Grandma when you strapped her to the roof to make room for the R2's? 

:)

explain to granny that R2D2 is on a secret mission for a princess who is fighting the evil empire. There are storm troopers all around hunting for the droid hence r2 has to hide inside the car.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like this little guy has finally passed AA on Amazon/FBA.  Out of the gate AA was the clear winner, especially around Christmas time.  Now it looks like R2 is pulling ahead, and should lengthen his lead once the movie fever hits.

I'll be honest, I wanted more AA than R2 at first.  I jumped on the R2 bandwagon, mostly thanks to Trek and others on here.  Then, when AA suddenly vanished I was bummed because I didn't hit my quota.  Now I'm feeling OK about my ratio between these two.

Star Wars is king.

• Like 1

It looks like this little guy has finally passed AA on Amazon/FBA.  Out of the gate AA was the clear winner, especially around Christmas time.  Now it looks like R2 is pulling ahead, and should lengthen his lead once the movie fever hits.

I'll be honest, I wanted more AA than R2 at first.  I jumped on the R2 bandwagon, mostly thanks to Trek and others on here.  Then, when AA suddenly vanished I was bummed because I didn't hit my quota.  Now I'm feeling OK about my ratio between these two.

Star Wars is king.

Honored Sir, Thanks.  I think R2 will do wonderful things if you (generically speaking) give the little droid enough time.

Edited by trekgate502

Star Wars is king.

I definitely always liked R2 better for investment -- it's Star Wars OT, UCS, and not purely reliant on minifigs.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to point out that R2 is approaching $390 on Amazon in a little over 30 Days since this post.

Nice one! Did not expect this guy to perform so well so buried them deep at the back of the warehouse. Will be a nice surprise when we stumble upon them in a few years.