10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

I don't understand the need to ask people how many multiple copies of sets they own (aka bragging - yes, it is bragging). It seems like the same people ask / posts all the time in different ways.

Additionally, who really knows how many sets we own? I could own 6 or 26 R2s and nobody will ever know for sure unless they visit me. Please bring beer if anyone does visit.

So I think if someone wants brag about the # of sets he / she owns, please include a selfie in front of the sets so other members can laugh at you.

• Like 2

I don't understand the need to ask people how many multiple copies of sets they own (aka bragging - yes, it is bragging). It seems like the same people ask / posts all the time in different ways.

Additionally, who really knows how many sets we own? I could own 6 or 26 R2s and nobody will ever know for sure unless they visit me. Please bring beer if anyone does visit.

So I think if someone wants brag about the # of sets he / she owns, please include a selfie in front of the sets so other members can laugh at you.

It's jumping into a thread and swinging your emazers around. It's fun! Don't even try to tell me you don't call yours that?

• Like 2

If that was directed at me,,,,

My original post did not ask anyone to say how many they have just if you have 20 or more please let me know.

It was in relation to someone's post saying they thought the hoard was holding.

I was trying to gauge the possibility of mass hoarding of this set.

I still do not see it.

If you have 1 or 1,000 R2 will not let you down.

I do not care how many anyone has and I am not bragging,

I have 0 GG, 0 CC, 0 10179, 2 FB, 4 SSD if that makes anyone feel better.

Like I said above I focused on R2.

Can I delete the posts with folks who have less than 20?

The only reason I thought a response was worthy is because if I don't respond I could have 60, or I could have 0. By filtering only to 20 or more you have no idea whether people don't have 20, or if they just aren't responding. Skews the numbers IMO. Don't really care either way though

• 3 weeks later...

Having built one, I truly love this set.

If you purchased them here in the U.S. @ B&****** for a nice discount then you'll be rewarded nicely when reselling.

Let's hope R2 is somewhat relevant in the new movies, which will put a name to the face with this set! :P

Despite all the hype on this site for R2, AA crested $300 on eBay a couple months faster after (assumed) EOL and off a MSRP $20 lower.  I've got a little over a dozen of each set, but I think AA plays more to lego's strengths (structures with playability) than does R2 (busts, especially round ones that are hard to model with angular legos).  I'm much more a SW fan than Batman collector, but even at the same price I'd choose AA in a heartbeat.