10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

This went oos yesterday afternoon at TrU.ca

They only had about 12 in stock two days ago at TRU.ca and I got two with the airlmiles promo. Walmart.ca has quite a few but I'm hesitant to order too many for fear of getting some of my already placed orders cancelled.

They only had about 12 in stock two days ago at TRU.ca and I got two with the airlmiles promo. Walmart.ca has quite a few but I'm hesitant to order too many for fear of getting some of my already placed orders cancelled.

I'll grab 2 more to hit my target if they're still available late next week. I was watching the TrU stock for a couple of weeks. There was a 100. Then there was a significant drop to approx. 30, then to 9 yesterday and poof last night.

maybe this should go into order status forum, but thought it would be good here too.

Dec. 4th ~9pm PST R2 came in stock shortly at LEGO Shop at Home.

Placed my order for one and the later that evening rec'd an order update stating that the order will be delayed.

Today, received an order update canceling the order.  

"The demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available. We regret to inform you that the order for these item(s) has been cancelled from your order #Y"

The interesting piece is the no longer available comment.   Though it's still ToOS on the website.

in Australia, this is a Target Exclusive and currently on sale for 199AUD. Until today, plenty were available online (30+)...today i can add only 9 to cart..but the product page has disappeared ie no longer appears on their main site or in search results. (as opposed to arkyham aslyum where they still have plenty of stock)

What's the general consensus with this set: retiring - out of production or pulled due to quality issues and making a return again sometime next year? I'm beginning to wonder about the validity of 'Sold Out' status after RI's are back in stock.

R2 has been out for years, RI has been out for months. I'd say Sold Out is more meaningful in this case

in Australia, this is a Target Exclusive and currently on sale for 199AUD. Until today, plenty were available online (30+)...today i can add only 9 to cart..but the product page has disappeared ie no longer appears on their main site or in search results. (as opposed to arkyham aslyum where they still have plenty of stock)

and R2D2 in Australia (at least online) is no more..all 9 must have been purchased in the last 24hrs :)