10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

I don't see why they would be making any sudden corrections after the set has been on shelves for years. I don't doubt that it will be back, to some extent, but I think this manager is just flapping his gums here.

Yeah, that makes sense. Arch Studio on the other hand hadn't been around very long.

Sigh.  Some people take this stuff way too seriously.  The Chinese diesel/solar hybrid powertrain R2, on the other hand, is already available at Lowe's in the home maintenance section (it has a snowblower attachment).

Maybe you should be more careful about what you post then, as new members like MikeF can't tell if you're being serious.

At least make it more obvious you're joking.

Edited by tractorboy
  • Like 2

From the new STAR WARS trailer, looks like R2 is the #2 Droid anyway. Now with all the bad pieces and missing bags, this set might be lucky to hit $250 after it retires. Time to move on people. I hear they are retiring the CITY Fire Station is retiring. That will be the better investment.

• Like 2

I imagine there are tutorials available online for motorizing R2.  Probably you'd have to dispense with the third leg to free up room for motors and such.  R2, like the AT-AT, is crying out for some automation.  The motorized AT-AT was, I think, $130, so it seems like Lego could have done a bit more with R2 at the $180 price point.  Hasbro actually makes a nifty R2 that (when it works; apparently this is not always the case) has all the bells and whistles, so to speak, and will even follow your kids around all day (I think this meant to be a feature). 

From the new STAR WARS trailer, looks like R2 is the #2 Droid anyway. Now with all the bad pieces and missing bags, this set might be lucky to hit $250 after it retires. Time to move on people. I hear they are retiring the CITY Fire Station is retiring. That will be the better investment.

I started reading this post in my email without seeing who it was from.

I read this part:

From the new STAR WARS trailer, looks like R2 is the #2 Droid anyway. Now with all the bad pieces and missing bags, this set might be lucky to hit $250 after it retires

Then I thought who is this clown, it has already hit $259 on ebay.

Then I finished reading it and seeing the poster.

I really need to learn to read an entire post before drawing a conclusion.

Good Show Ed! Satire at its finest.

My sources tell me that 10225 is being cleared out to make room for the new UCS Motorized R2 with Power Functions, lights and sounds, and self-aware AI, that will be available in stores next January at $199 with 3000 pieces. Doesn't look good for ol' 10225...

I will never buy anything that's smarter than me.

• Like 2

Was just doing inventory of r2d2 that I got from Amazon. I noticed that none of the seals were in original location. Worried, I opened it up. Sure enough, one bag was opened up so parts were everywhere and one bag missing. What the heck... Good thing that I checked.

Was bag #7 missing? Edited by dcdfan

Was just doing inventory of r2d2 that I got from Amazon. I noticed that none of the seals were in original location. Worried, I opened it up. Sure enough, one bag was opened up so parts were everywhere and one bag missing. What the heck... Good thing that I checked.

I'll say that was lucky. You made me check mine too, but mine seem ok.

Guest TabbyBoy

Amazon Direct or a reseller?