10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Just received a best of on ebay for $295. I was selling it for $325. Not sure what to do. I may just sit on it since the only thing I would be interested in buying is another R2 or a bunch of Santa's workshop. If folks are offering $295 now, surely in two weeks if may go for $350?

I would personally take the $295 now as this is only OOS @ shop at home & gather more immediately.

Just received a best of on ebay for $295.  I was selling it for $325.  Not sure what to do.  I may just sit on it since the only thing I would be interested in buying is another R2 or a bunch of Santa's workshop.  If folks are offering $295 now, surely in two weeks if may go for $350?

Strange there is plenty still for sale from $255 and up.

I am sure that this must be a mistake. Surely it was just out of stock for manufacturing problems.

This set can't be going to retirement. It can't be doing the toos bounce. It can't flip to sold out at some point.

Those who are stockpiling this set do not know what they are doing.

(Sarcasm)

Huh? No I agree. I think this set is done. I was surprised it lasted a couple of hours but glad I got two.

My sources tell me that 10225 is being cleared out to make room for the new UCS Motorized R2 with Power Functions, lights and sounds, and self-aware AI, that will be available in stores next January at $199 with 3000 pieces.  Doesn't look good for ol' 10225...

I'll just buy the $75 chinese fake version that runs on diesel.

• Like 1

My sources tell me that 10225 is being cleared out to make room for the new UCS Motorized R2 with Power Functions, lights and sounds, and self-aware AI, that will be available in stores next January at $199 with 3000 pieces. Doesn't look good for ol' 10225...

Sure along with a rerun of the 10179 being available in the same box and certificate as before

I was at the Lego store yesterday talkign to store manager in Cali and they said the R2 had some part issues that some pieces were not holding on right. the piece they are referring to is the arm or blade. I haven't built it yet so I don't know. They said r2 will be back and not retiring yet.

• Like 1

I was at the Lego store yesterday talkign to store manager in Cali and they said the R2 had some part issues that some pieces were not holding on right. the piece they are referring to is the arm or blade. I haven't built it yet so I don't know. They said r2 will be back and not retiring yet.

I don't see why they would be making any sudden corrections after the set has been on shelves for years. I don't doubt that it will be back, to some extent, but I think this manager is just flapping his gums here.

• Like 1

My sources tell me that 10225 is being cleared out to make room for the new UCS Motorized R2 with Power Functions, lights and sounds, and self-aware AI, that will be available in stores next January at $199 with 3000 pieces.  Doesn't look good for ol' 10225...

I will be all over that if true

I'll just buy the $75 chinese fake version that runs on diesel.

I think it will be solar since Chinese investors bought up all of our good solar tech.. D'oh!

I can see this being true. Same thing happened with Architecture Studio, the mgr at my Lego store  (also Cali) told me about the issues and upcoming remake of that set long before the news broke here. I posted that info earlier this year but I doubt anyone believed it at the time.

Edited by toycrazedchris
  • Like 2