10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Good to know. I have a 36R4 R2, looks like I'm breaking out the scale tomorrow.

While I have no idea I think this concern is possibly overblown but good to discuss.

I measured 4 from Target and 2 from Amazon all 36R4 and they are all on my scale either 5 lbs.  10.8 oz or 5 lbs 11.0 oz.

I pulled from my storage another R2 bought long ago (relatively speaking) that is an 18R4 and it was 5 lbs 11 oz as well.

So on mine there less than 2 tenths of an ounce variance.  That is no 1 or 2 missing bag 7's.

I think we will be ok. :)

• Like 2

While I have no idea I think this concern is possibly overblown but good to discuss.

I measured 4 from Target and 2 from Amazon all 36R4 and they are all on my scale either 5 lbs. 10.8 oz or 5 lbs 11.0 oz.

I pulled from my storage another R2 bought long ago (relatively speaking) that is an 18R4 and it was 5 lbs 11 oz as well.

So on mine there less than 2 tenths of an ounce variance. That is no 1 or 2 missing bag 7's.

I think we will be ok. :)

It definitely doesn't hurt to double check, especially if you're still in the time frame to exchange it at your local b&m.

Out of curiosity what you guys do if you weighed a set and concluded it was missing a bag? You're able to exchange the set but would you let the cashier know it's possibly missing a bag or say nothing at all? I wouldn't want someone else to pick up a set that's bunk so I'd like to inform them what I think but in turn they may think I tampered with it and may start questioning me.

Just received the late holiday catalog in the mail yesterday... no UCS R2D2 as others have noted, but the R2 minifigure is featured prominently and mentioned in the text of every set in which you find him.

e.***., the DS... "includes R2D2 and 16 other minifigures"

People love that droid.

The kids are absolutely obsessed with R2 right now.  My stepson has an R2 folding chair, R2 hoodie and winter hat, R2 books, and R2 plush....  his friends are the same way.  And it's all because of the clone wars cartoon, they watch it religiously on netflix, he's probably seen the entire series 3 times over now.  This is one of the reasons I'm a firm believer in this set, R2 is huge with OT fans and newer fans alike.

Picked up the last R2 on the shelf at the local lego store.   Cashier mentioned 'I guess the word is out on these'.

While I was there picked up an RI and Tumbler.

Big shout out to Raven99 for leaving me those and not clearing the shelves at north point .. 

should have asked the dude or the blonde as they have (or maybe had) more in the back... i hear the last one was a little beat up :)

Edited by jerryherb

i was building my R2-D2 #10225. apparently this one was missing bag #7.

not sure what to do now :( this one was from my personal collection. :(

Can you weight yours and tell us what it weighs?  The scale that I use for shipping is telling me 2.52 kg which is lighter than weights sighted at brickset.

It is 5 lbs 9 oz, which is lighter than all other ones here.  A little worried here.

Edited by newbiecollect

That's a good point, though I try to only store Lego in non-basement, climate controlled rooms.  If you have a whole stack of big sets (like R2) and you store them somewhere humid, the cardboard softens imperceptibly and the lower boxes will buckle under the weight of the ones above.  Hoping never to relearn that lesson...

Edited by GhostDad

Well I think this R2-D2 from Sideshow is a cute little version to sit next to the Lego version (can never have too many R2's)

I joined the wait list yesterday for the "exclusive version" which comes with extras over their regular version for the same price and I got an email today confirming they could get me one and I arm off the wait list and onto the official reserved list.

Same price as their regular $149.00

Take a look its not big but its cool.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-r2-d2-deluxe-sideshow-collectibles-21721/?ref=Z1C3-r2d2

• Like 1

Can you weight yours and tell us what it weighs?  The scale that I use for shipping is telling me 2.52 kg which is lighter than weights sighted at brickset.

It is 5 lbs 9 oz, which is lighter than all other ones here.  A little worried here.

good ones are : 5lb 10.5oz

the bad ones are : 5lb 7.3oz