10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Wow you know your ethnicity that is for sure!

Your Shuttle is a thing of beauty sir!

And I think you list that green grocer just to make all of us who do not have one feel bad.

Ha (just joking)

I'm of the camp of people who don't understand why the shuttle has effectively stalled in value... I think it's because so many people are turned off by the white (which isn't really white). But I love it - it's my favorite set by far. Side by side with R2, R2 looks teeny tiny. (I have to say something R2 related or stephen's going to give me hell for derailing another thread today ;)).

The GG is my favorite modular too.... It's my last sealed GG and it was painful to list it (I am a bit of a hoarder with Lego sets, I hate selling) but just too many good places to reinvest right now.

• Like 1

horderve? oooo, my aching french. Hors D'oeuvres.

So I've only got one extra R2 in my pile that I got a while back in the US... just too many other deals to take advantage of lately and not enough $. TRU in Canada still has them in stock, but it's $229.99 + 13% tax for me = 259.89 (about $230 US). I just can't seem to pull the trigger at that price... Would anyone here? It has to pass $260 US not including shipping to bring that into the black.

I was going to pull the trigger on the TrU.ca one day 15% off sale, but it ended at midnight EST. I'm out west so I thought I had till midnight PST. I was wrong :(

And you know what else?  He hasn't waited until signs of EOL to get his 30-40.  I'm pretty certain "panic buying" is only something he says to describe the buying practice of others.

Yes I start buying the sets early, all it takes is to buy one or two Droids or Batman Ayslum,etc each month so when the set is getting ready to retire you don't have to panic and buy the sets with money you don't have, buying charging and taking years to pay it off.     Ed

The Imperial Shuttle is lesser known then R2, that could play in the little robot's favor + news of ep7 bubbling up. It can perform better than expected.

Yes for the Imperial Shuttle. Despite being a fantastic looking space ship from the SW movies. One of the best designs in fact, the lack of popularity is probably what slows down the appreciation of the set. It is also an amazing display and very well designed set, I am re-building mine as it sat in the box for more than a year and I missed it a lot...

r2d2 on the otherh and is quite popular so I wouldn't think it will suffer much from that...

My wife saw a completed R2 at our local LEGO store and had no idea it was available. She is like I must build this. First time ever.

Sent from my Passport using Brickpicker mobile app

Same with my girlfriend and sister too. They both want one each, trouble is ....from my r2d2 inventory!

• Like 1

That's the standard response I.e. Cut and paste from a template. We got enough of those before GE came back from being sold out for months.

In short, sold out, toos are all the marketing tools that will help lego push out some more sets. For the next 6 months there will be lot of those droids sold officially by big boxes and TLG itself.

It baffles me that people never buy them at discount like the haunted house when target was pushing with $35 gift card. And all of a sudden there is mad rush and now price is 2x RRP lol:)

I only say it is on his way ;-) i told u about the masterplan ;-) today i buy 6 r2d2 -20% thx tru :)

I have no factual knowledge about whether or not R2 is about to shuffle off this mortal coil, but I do have a rhetorical question for those who say keeping R2 around "seems logical."

There are currently five Exclusives being sold in the Star Wars theme. There is a sixth that has been announced and will be shipping in January. There is a seventh rumored for later in 2015.

Does it "seem logical" to expect Lego to be selling six or seven Star Wars Exclusives next year?

Considering Star Wars is about to release a New Trilogy, AND at least 2 confirmed spin off films, and a new cartoon on Disney Channel,,,,,,

Yes i think 10-20 exclusives could be in the offerings :)

horderve? oooo, my aching french. Hors D'oeuvres.

ah ah I immediatley thought the same and "What a nice play of words !"

Unfortunately, it wasn't on purpose. lol

The main droid in the new movie is Kira's spherical droid.

I think R2D2 will make an appearance in the next movies as a guest star. Like Jar Jar Binks in Episodes II and III. :pleasantry:

Just received 4 R2-D2's from TRU NL (but delivered from TRU Germany). 2 boxes are mint, other 2 have some minor damages. I hate TRU with their packaging. Too small boxes, no protection in it so the Lego boxes are scratched from moving in the carton. And GLS is not the best parcel service to deliver.

Seal code is 27R4

Edited by Deejay

One thing against R2 is he doesn't meet the usual UCS standards for accuracy.  Excluding playsets like DS or 10144, I thought Lego tried pretty hard to get relative dimensions right and that sort of thing,  Seems like they did for 10221,10240, and other UCS non-minifigure scale ships.  But not R2.  Put him side by side with a photo from the movies.  He's much too narrow in front and even the shape of the 'stuff' on his front is wrong.  And he has that super blocky head.  The R2 minifigs are actually more accurate representations.

it appears you mention something negative about this set in nearly every other post you type (in this thread). 

i think it's safe to mention that pretty much everyone (reading this thread) knows you have issues with 10225.

One thing against R2 is he doesn't meet the usual UCS standards for accuracy.  Excluding playsets like DS or 10144, I thought Lego tried pretty hard to get relative dimensions right and that sort of thing,  Seems like they did for 10221,10240, and other UCS non-minifigure scale ships.  But not R2.  Put him side by side with a photo from the movies.  He's much too narrow in front and even the shape of the 'stuff' on his front is wrong.  And he has that super blocky head.  The R2 minifigs are actually more accurate representations.

• Like 2

One thing against R2 is he doesn't meet the usual UCS standards for accuracy. 

Having built and displayed this in my collection I never thought about that.  I'm betting most people won't care about proportions that may be slightly off model either since it's a LEGO build.  It looks awesome in person.

Picked up the last R2 on the shelf at the local lego store.   Cashier mentioned 'I guess the word is out on these'.

While I was there picked up an RI and Tumbler.

Big shout out to Raven99 for leaving me those and not clearing the shelves at north point .. 

Nope there were 3 left the other day.  Contrary to what you might think I only buy 1 or 2 of a set at a time (whatever the current limit is).  Theres quite a few people in this area that BP.

I know this is unprecedented but what if the empire decided to build another death star bigger and better the one blown up by the rebels......I know I know mind = blown right now.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but the chances of this being part of the new movies is less than zero. There were already complaints that Lucas just rehashed the Death Star in Episode VI, and from a storytelling standpoint, it would be extraordinarily uncreative to just have the Empire build yet another.

Episode IV: "Oh no! The Death Star's gonna get us! [later] Yay, we blew it up!"

Episode VI: "Oh no! The Death Star's gonna get us! [later] Yay, we blew it up!"

Episode VII: "Oh no! The Death Star's gonna get us! [later] Yay, we blew it up!"

Edited by johnwray

GE: "Oh no, it's going EOL!! [later] Yay, got a bunch!"

TH: "Oh no, it's going EOL!! [later] Yay, got a bunch!"

HH: "Oh no, it's going EOL!! [later] Yay, got a bunch!"

R2: "Oh no, it's going EOL!! [later] Yay, got a bunch!"

Maybe we like repetition after all...

• Like 3