10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

I got information today that this set is going to stuck around longer and there is no hury. However, I aquited a couple dozen today as I don't want to miss my target by a mile like I did with HH.

Worse case, they sit next to my stack of DS for another year or five.

You will need to provide a little bit more information on your source if you want to be taken seriously.

• Like 2

The horde will eat what is left as a horderve.

horderve? oooo, my aching french. Hors D'oeuvres.

So I've only got one extra R2 in my pile that I got a while back in the US... just too many other deals to take advantage of lately and not enough $. TRU in Canada still has them in stock, but it's $229.99 + 13% tax for me = 259.89 (about $230 US). I just can't seem to pull the trigger at that price... Would anyone here? It has to pass $260 US not including shipping to bring that into the black.

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 2

horderve? oooo, my aching french. Hors D'oeuvres.

So I've only got one extra R2 in my pile that I got a while back in the US... just too many other deals to take advantage of lately and not enough $. TRU in Canada still has them in stock, but it's $229.99 + 13% tax for me = 259.89 (about $230 US). I just can't seem to pull the trigger at that price... Would anyone here? It has to pass $260 US not including shipping to bring that into the black.

Do you live in Quebec where French Canadian is the mandated law of the land? :)

It was a play on horde ... Horde rve???

Anyways I had about 3 years of French and all I remeber is this which I do -

je joue au tennis

On your r2 that is a big number to crack.

Can you find another way to get more?

Make sure you have enough else you will be like me, wanting to get one of your extra Imperial Shuttles!!

Well my Lego CS rep told me that bees can smell fear...Funny how there seems to be so much speculation on this.  At the beginning of there year there was a post my emazers that said what will be retiring and what will not this year.  So far he's been right with every one so far.  He said the R2 wont be retire for a couple of years and that's all I need to know.

Do you also know emazers has at least 30-40 of R2 and counting? well he is not missing the boat. 

Do you live in Quebec where French Canadian is the mandated law of the land? :)

It was a play on horde ... Horde rve???

Anyways I had about 3 years of French and all I remeber is this which I do -

je joue au tennis

On your r2 that is a big number to crack.

Can you find another way to get more?

Make sure you have enough else you will be like me, wanting to get one of your extra Imperial Shuttles!!

Ahh, now I see it... I'm giving you a like for that. No, I'm not from Quebec but I am French Canadian, though my roots are rural central Canada, before that Lousiana where the Acadians settled after being kicked out of Canada in 1755-1764. :)

No plans to go to the US for work anytime soon... probably in January. And we don't have any TRU coupons/codes/credit card discounts that I'm aware of. I guess I should have bought a couple during 2x VIP last month but there were just so many other sets to buy for our personal collection. I'd love to hear if any fellow northerners are scoring any deals somewhere.....

And I posted one of my shuttles for sale, no bites yet... But I listed it high, very high. :)

Ahh, now I see it... I'm giving you a like for that. No, I'm not from Quebec but I am French Canadian, though my roots are rural central Canada, before that Lousiana where the Acadians settled after being kicked out of Canada in 1755-1764. :)

No plans to go to the US for work anytime soon... probably in January. And we don't have any TRU coupons/codes/credit card discounts that I'm aware of. I guess I should have bought a couple during 2x VIP last month but there were just so many other sets to buy for our personal collection. I'd love to hear if any fellow northerners are scoring any deals somewhere.....

And I posted one of my shuttles for sale, no bites yet... But I listed it high, very high. :)

Wow you know your ethnicity that is for sure!

Your Shuttle is a thing of beauty sir!

And I think you list that green grocer just to make all of us who do not have one feel bad.

Ha (just joking)

• Like 1

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again: why is it a crazy idea for lego to end R2 before the new movie? It's another long year until the movie come out. Millions of SW fans already got 10225. If you are TLG, do you expect those fans to buy a 2nd 10225 because of the new SW movie? Or do you release something new to get their cash?

• Like 1