10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Is anyone else having trouble getting excited about R2?  I have 12, just 'cause it's SW original trilogy and all, but it's kinda dinky looking.  Not real big, doesn't even beep and boop like it should...  Maybe if I had a UCS Jawa to chase it around...

I love R2 not just as an investment.

I admired a mint box for a year in my collection then finally opened it at Christmas and the family built it.

Now it's on my desk.

Great set.

Plus what speed sausage says this thing has been high on Amazons sales rank long before this thread explosion.

• Like 1

After reading the last 100 posts in this thread. I am still convinced that it is DS who will retire together with R2. I have no proof. But my gut feeling was also right about R2 and TH. I believe Lego is refreshing the entire Star Wars line to get ready for the new movie to be released next year.

These times are very interesting and is costing us investors alot of money and stress. I wish everybody wisdom and good luck. Cause this can make us all some good money.

p.s. I also believe MF is done.

Just my 0.02

• Like 2

Is anyone else having trouble getting excited about R2?  I have 12, just 'cause it's SW original trilogy and all, but it's kinda dinky looking.  Not real big, doesn't even beep and boop like it should...  Maybe if I had a UCS Jawa to chase it around...

Wait until the new movies.  Wait until a matching UCS C-3PO is created to pair with it.

• Like 1

I think Grynn was spot on.  We are all so used to Ed's cryptic messages that rather than seeing it as a confirmation that R2 is going, we tried to find what he was saying next about another set in his words.

On the Sandcrawler let me be clear - I love it. I stood in opening line and was the first person into the Lego B&M to get one on its first day of release.

But it is Sales Rank #16,000 for a $300 set.  The Death Star is #20 for a $400 set.  If it was meant to go to high volume sales wouldn't it be like the Tumbler or some other amazing set?  Even Ewok Village blows it away on sales rank.  The UCS B Wing is sales rank about #30,000.  That makes the Sandcrawler more like a B Wing, less like an R2, DS, EV or several other ones.

Now for all the pages of distractions lets get back to wiping out "ALL" of the R2's.

I think the Sandrcrawler will never be a top seller and may not last a normal cycle. It is around but who knows.

Its not the sales rank that will determine how desired this set (or any lego exclusive set) will perform after EOL!

Those sales ranks are very unreliable factor to base our decisions on....

If following your logic we should reach to the conclusion that Peugeot 307 or Ford KA or any mass produced car are much better than Ferrari 458 for example. Why...well...look at the sales rank of the Peugeot! Looking at the number we should think the Ferrari is very un-desirable car that hardly anybody wants. Quite the wrong way for reaching to our conclusions, isn't it?

Wait until the new movies.  Wait until a matching UCS C-3PO is created to pair with it.

nah, a matching C-3PO?  if you meant being in scale to one another i doubt it will happen ... i feel that the next droid to get love as a stand alone Lego set would be Chopper from Rebels ... besides the big two (C-3PO and R2), that droid is seriously making it happen!  great personality the kids love ...

cant wait to see the first MOC of Chopper ... hopefully soon ...

Its not the sales rank that will determine how desired this set (or any lego exclusive set) will perform after EOL!

Those sales ranks are very unreliable factor to base our decisions on....

If following your logic we should reach to the conclusion that Peugeot 307 or Ford KA or any mass produced car are much better than Ferrari 458 for example. Why...well...look at the sales rank of the Peugeot! Looking at the number we should think the Ferrari is very un-desirable car that hardly anybody wants. Quite the wrong way for reaching to our conclusions, isn't it?

To one degree you have a valid point.

To another I should say the top 20 Amazon sales ranking has these sets:

R2D2, MF, EV3, EV, ToO, Crawler 9398 and DS.

If sales rank has nothing to do with any decision for purchasing sets, then please avoid purchasing most of these by all means.  They must all surely be terrible performers.

Perhaps factoring multiple things into your decision including sales rank as a factor to "consider" should be the right approach.

nah, a matching C-3PO?  if you meant being in scale to one another i doubt it will happen ... i feel that the next droid to get love as a stand alone Lego set would be Chopper from Rebels ... besides the big two (C-3PO and R2), that droid is seriously making it happen!  great personality the kids love ...

cant wait to see the first MOC of Chopper ... hopefully soon ...

Please see the following link!

http://bricknerd.com/home/chopper-17-2014

• Like 1

Yep, me.  I like R2 the robot from the movies.  Lights, Bleeps and bloops, sarcastic personality etc.  This is just a nice looking Lego model.  Next year at this time there will be a fancy little R2 toy that will make all of the bleeps and bloops, light up and probably be half the price that this set will be going for on the after market.  Personally I'd rather spend the money on the little R2 toy that better represents the character from the movie.  

• Like 1

Yep, me.  I like R2 the robot from the movies.  Lights, Bleeps and bloops, sarcastic personality etc.  This is just a nice looking Lego model.  Next year at this time there will be a fancy little R2 toy that will make all of the bleeps and bloops, light up and probably be half the price that this set will be going for on the after market.  Personally I'd rather spend the money on the little R2 toy that better represents the character from the movie.  

I agree, why bother spending

• Like 1

Little Johnny gave grandma his Christmas list this year:

Lego Hawnted Houzze

Lego Town Hall

Lego Ar tooo dee tow

Lego Camel that flies

sad-little-boy-christmas-tree-20736042.j

lol, I'm half laughing, half feeling bad

Don't feel too bad for little Johnny. There will be lots of Chima available for Santa to leave under his tree. Once little Johnny grows up and has his own job then he can buy all those Lego sets that Santa never brought himself.