10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

FYI

HE is fully stocked everywhere.

HE is orderable with high limits.

We should LEAVE HE ALONE until Thanksgiving weekend so that we can get HE with VIP points and Calendars.

Is anyone with ME on HE?

HE is hardly in any stores

HE is old enough

HE has been rumored as another slow seller and possibly on its way out 

NO quantity of any set is safe from the BP HORDE!

When and if HE goes it will be a quick one.  

I keep saying HE and wanting to type him and his lol

Amazon was at 92 all morning when this business started. I couldn't believe how long it took before that number budged, even with many of you already well stocked already.

Can I ask I have punched in 2 before on Amazon, go to order page and try to adjust to 200 and it says seller only has 2.

With their restrictions.... How could you see they had 92?

Can you do that for instance on ToO or other sets they have?

It seemed to have stop working for me on most items to check on hand.

HE is hardly in any stores

HE is old enough

HE has been rumored as another slow seller and possibly on its way out 

NO quantity of any set is safe from the BP HORDE!

When and if HE goes it will be a quick one.  

I keep saying HE and wanting to type him and his lol

I think everything YOU said and I said about what HE has going on is compatible.

Unfortunately I want to wait till Thanksgiving to buy a bunch of HE and put HE in my inventory.

After buying a lot of IT (R2) I do not have as much funds to buy HE.

I guess I will check on HE daily to see where HE goes out of stock so I know if I have to get HE quicker than ME wants to.

I would say we should take YOU ME AND HE on the road but someone would respond "No Lets Not"

I think everything YOU said and I said about what HE has going on is compatible.

Unfortunately I want to wait till Thanksgiving to buy a bunch of HE and put HE in my inventory.

After buying a lot of IT (R2) I do not have as much funds to buy HE.

I guess I will check on HE daily to see where he goes out of stock so I know if I have to get HE quicker than ME wants to.

I would say we should take YOU ME AND HE on the road but someone would respond "No Lets Not"

Lets

Yeah.  I talk a lot about PS in part because I actually like the set.  R2 doesn't do much for me, unless there's an easy way to electrify his shock prod.  Then I could motorize him with power functions, program him through mindstorms, and have him patrol my property.  Been some burglaries in my neighborhood recently, but little ol' R2 could put a stop to that...

• Like 1

Yeah.  I talk a lot about PS in part because I actually like the set.  R2 doesn't do much for me, unless there's an easy way to electrify his shock prod.  Then I could motorize him with power functions, program him through mindstorms, and have him patrol my property.  Been some burglaries in my neighborhood recently, but little ol' R2 could put a stop to that...

If he goes EOL you would need something else guarding him. Especially when equipped with power functions.You couldn't buy more (GE is closed), you couldn't adopt some (PS gone), you couldn't complain (TH closed), you couldn't even get a used/dead one back to life (HH done). You wouldn't find your ONE without the view from the ToO (missing), and even if you would, the firepower of the SSD isn't anymore. You got to take care of the one R2D2 that you have, especially when the "power" is with him. Hire a tumbler, and open a secret research institute inside the TB. Develop a new exo, bricklink a UCS spaceshuttle, and deconstruct that darn death star.

Gosh, it is late. :lazy:

• Like 3

really you think we are going to have/get a deal during those time?

these days buying @ RRP is a deal :P ...... forget those discounts you are used to :D

LEGO exclusives are all at RRP but if your buying smaller sets at RRP then your missing out. Deals are everywhere. You just gotta know where to look and how to get them. Saying there are no deals below RRP is insanity. Might not be as good but still I've been picking up some sets on great deals.

Is anyone else having trouble getting excited about R2? I have 12, just 'cause it's SW original trilogy and all, but it's kinda dinky looking. Not real big, doesn't even beep and boop like it should... Maybe if I had a UCS Jawa to chase it around...

How awesome would a Jawa be next to that little chrome dome! Light bricks for eyes. You may be on to something here.

Out of all the busts and such put out by lego, I do think R2 is the best one so far.

Let's be honest, it doesn't matter how excited we are about him, it's as long as the people buying are excited. That's what translates to $$$