10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Just an alternative to people so sure about TLG keeping R2 for the movie: There are countless lego & SW fans already got the R2. So with the movie coming out, they could put their resources to produce R2 to get more fans to buy it, or they could release something new (and also in the movie) to get all the fans who already got R2 to open their wallets. Why are we so sure the 1st one is definitely the winning move?    

• Like 3

You mean like not releasing the Frozen Lego set _before_ Christmas?

Actually it is a wise decision. Do you think they could keep up with the initial demand before Christmas? What they would face are angry parents complaining about lack of availability and reseller hyenas. Other LEGO products are still flying off the shelves and the company has difficulties with fulfilling retail orders.

Just an alternative to people so sure about TLG keeping R2 for the movie: There are countless lego & SW fans already got the R2. So with the movie coming out, they could put their resources to produce R2 to get more fans to buy it, or they could release something new (and also in the movie) to get all the fans who already got R2 to open their wallets. Why are we so sure the 1st one is definitely the winning move?    

This is a really good point. I don't think the market for this set is saturated but there may not be enough additional buyers to keep it alive when that production capacity could be directed elsewhere.

And let's be realistic, it's an adult set for Star Wars fans, not a kids play set. The typical buyer for this sort of thing doesn't need a new Star Wars movie to be reminded who R2D2 is.

This is a really good point. I don't think the market for this set is saturated but there may not be enough additional buyers to keep it alive when that production capacity could be directed elsewhere.

And let's be realistic, it's an adult set for Star Wars fans, not a kids play set. The typical buyer for this sort of thing doesn't need a new Star Wars movie to be reminded who R2D2 is.

Still would be nice to be reminded ^.^

I just called lego and they told me this one is done and wont come back. A few months ago i spoke to a lego store manager she told me the next sets will go eol:

HH check she was right

GE check she was right

TH check she was right

R2 check were not sure but really looks like it.

She told me all this at a point that there where no signs at LEGO Shop at Home about these sets.

O and there's one more thing, she said that DS will go soon as wel.

• Like 3

I just called lego and they told me this one is done and wont come back. A few months ago i spoke to a lego store manager she told me the next sets will go eol:

HH check she was right

GE check she was right

TH check she was right

R2 check were not sure but really looks like it.

She told me all this at a point that there where no signs at LEGO Shop at Home about these sets.

she said that DS will go soon as wel.

DS will go soon as wel.

post-41741-0-78326000-1415614856_thumb.j

• Like 3

I've got enough of these so I am very relaxed watching what happens now, I even enjoy it! But I might grab a few more from a store or something as this thing will disappear completely in 2 months! With the 10225 in particular I don't need anyone telling me what makes sense and what doesn't....it's the easiest decision of the year!

• Like 2

I've got enough of these so I am very relaxed watching what happens now, I even enjoy it! But I might grab a few more from a store or something as this thing will disappear completely in 2 months! With the 10225 in particular I don't need anyone telling me what makes sense and what doesn't....it's the easiest decision of the year!

worst case scenario: you'll end up with an army of R2D2 which also might be pretty cool...

just imagine how you can replace all your furniture by LEGO R2D2!

Table? putting a plate on 4 LEGO R2D2!

chair... same

decoration infront of your house? R2D2! (like those two lions infront of chinese restaurants)

it will be hilarious! :-)

so this is a win-win-win situation

• Like 5

Guest davewager78

Just ordered 4 x R2-D2... Have total of six now. Should I order more?

If the price is right, of course!

Edited by davewager78

worst case scenario: you'll end up with an army of R2D2 which also might be pretty cool...

just imagine how you can replace all your furniture by LEGO R2D2!

Table? putting a plate on 4 LEGO R2D2!

chair... same

decoration infront of your house? R2D2! (like those two lions infront of chinese restaurants)

it will be hilarious! :-)

so this is a win-win-win situation

Hahahaha, BRILLIANT!!