10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

I picked up the "last" R2 at the Woodfield Lego store in Schaumburg, IL on Saturday.  Unfortunately, the box is crushed on one side though the seals are intact.  I did finagle 500 extra VIP points because of this but I haven't seen them added to my account. The clerk told me that they had to enter it manually and it could take a couple of days.  Is this normally the case for it to take few days?  I'll be a little miffed if they don't add them to my account.

I'd be happy if mine only took a couple of days. My last two damaged box VIP credits took about a month to finally get applied. And I've heard the same story - they manually do them whenever someone (manager only?) gets a block of time free and Oct-Dec means there isn't a lot of free time).

For one of them they only applied 250 points instead of the 500 so I just called the store and pointed out the mistake and it was corrected within the hour.

I picked up the "last" R2 at the Woodfield Lego store in Schaumburg, IL on Saturday.  Unfortunately, the box is crushed on one side though the seals are intact.  I did finagle 500 extra VIP points because of this but I haven't seen them added to my account. The clerk told me that they had to enter it manually and it could take a couple of days.  Is this normally the case for it to take few days?  I'll be a little miffed if they don't add them to my account.

I almost bought that one but I was lucky that they had another pristine box sitting next to it. sorry