10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

I've weighed all of mine new and old and they are on my scale if I remember right 5 lb 11 oz or 5 lb 10.8 oz including one that is over a year old.

I think the bag #7 problem is blown out of proportion.

That's my personal opinion though.

I think newbie77 reported on here it was missing bag 7.

Then one other person on brick set said two sets they bought were missing bag 7.

That is it.  No more from what I can find on google.

Until I see lots more complaints I find it hard to believe their is tons of missing bag 7's out there.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/17340/r2-d2-10225-has-missing-bags#latest

• Like 1

I've weighed all of mine new and old and they are on my scale if I remember right 5 lb 11 oz or 5 lb 10.8 oz including one that is over a year old.

Then one other person on brick set said two sets they bought were missing bag 7.

That is it.  No more from what I can find on google.

Until I see lots more complaints I find it hard to believe their is tons of missing bag 7's out there.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/17340/r2-d2-10225-has-missing-bags#latest

I tend to agree that this is not a wide spread problem.  From my personal collection, most of my sets are the 36R4 which is reported as missing a bag.  All sets with several different codes, all weigh the same.

That is it. No more from what I can find on google.

I think it's plausible that TLG's quality control is good enough that they caught most before they left the dock.

That is just option one. You forgot to mention option two: all modulars (ever) in a combo-pack for $999, plus market street as special bonus for VIP members.

You forgot the reseller-special though: anyone who managed to get R2D2 in between TOOS will get an option to buy (for MSRP) specially re-released 10179 - it will show up at LEGO Shop at Home page for those accounts that purchased r2d2

• Like 1

To be 100% accurate I believe it's Little Johnnys Grandma.

Is this the same grandma that cleared out a Lego B&M out of RI a few months back? ;)

Edit: To all the mods that have to keep cleaning up my double posts, I am sorry. I don't know why my phone keeps doing it.

Edited by dubzero
  • Like 1

I picked up the "last" R2 at the Woodfield Lego store in Schaumburg, IL on Saturday.  Unfortunately, the box is crushed on one side though the seals are intact.  I did finagle 500 extra VIP points because of this but I haven't seen them added to my account. The clerk told me that they had to enter it manually and it could take a couple of days.  Is this normally the case for it to take few days?  I'll be a little miffed if they don't add them to my account.