Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

I will say it again. Those with dreams of big profits on a quick flip of this set are going to be really disappointed.

i said it long time ago :) { i myself don't see it } but people have proved by calculation, in this forum that they are literally making

$50->$90 on each set by selling it for $280.

for a $219.99 cost that over (22% to 40% ROI). that's a great return so whoever can get those numbers worked out/working.. go for it...

for a free lunch/dinner i am willing to go to the lego store and get one for you if need help :P

Today's date is October 21st...wait 30-45 days...you will sell for $300.

I was just about to say its only Oct. 21st.  Today and anything leading up to that is not a good judge of what holiday sales of this product will be.

Its just now starting to go down from the 280-300 that its been fetching all the way leading up to this point.

We're 5 weeks away from Black Friday.  Then another 2 weeks after that until stuff really starts to dry up which leads up until that Dec 7th area where stuff starts to really do well if its short supplied.

Way to early to judge this set for holiday flipping!

I was just about to say its only Oct. 21st.  Today and anything leading up to that is not a good judge of what holiday sales of this product will be.

Its just now starting to go down from the 280-300 that its been fetching all the way leading up to this point.

We're 5 weeks away from Black Friday.  Then another 2 weeks after that until stuff really starts to dry up which leads up until that Dec 7th area where stuff starts to really do well if its short supplied.

ebay recently sold actually leads to some in the range of 235-250 as well... { didn't check in detail whether those were with or without shipping though }

Edited by newbie77

Well said. There is no real risk in this set and there is merit in having a couple for Christmas. If,as seems quite likely, these are in short supply in December you will make a healthy profit. If they are still readily available you will still be able to offload and break even/make a small profit, or you could decide to hold them long term until they go EOL.

A lot of those are the NO FIGS listings.  You have to filter those out.

ebay recently sold actually leads to some in the range of 235-250 as well... { didn't check in detail whether those were with or without shipping though }

Also the few people that auction them, they always go lower than the fixed

Last 31 sold not counting where best offer was accepted as you can't see it sold for $8323 which is $268.48 average.  Most of the lower ones that went for 235-250 did not include shipping and the ones that went for 264-285 had free shipping.

Thats not a big drop from the 290 average they were a few weeks ago especially seeing the promos and double points have been on.  It really is the same difference. 

Especially when they've been pumping out 10-40 per store per week for the last month

Well said. Will hang onto the two that I have a hope for a shortage closer to Christmas.

safe to say, quick flipping if bought as an avg joe schmoe walking into a lego store, paying full price + tax and getting no freebies or points from it will not be beneficial to sell now. 

However, considering it's been sold out soon after its release and with no real restock date...I'd say this is a great investment if basing only on its hype thus far. The restock will only sell out again. Look at the original bat mobile. $70 retail, now $300ish resale. (2006 release)

I'm still on the hunt for a Tumbler to build and seriously thought about grabbing one on eBay. Is there any chance this will be offered online in the near future(somewhere other than LEGO Shop at Home)?

Just call nearest physical Lego store(they are getting steady shipments in small increments), unless it is 2+ hours drive for you. Or ask relatives who does live close to the store

I'm still on the hunt for a Tumbler to build and seriously thought about grabbing one on eBay. Is there any chance this will be offered online in the near future(somewhere other than LEGO Shop at Home)?

LEGO stores will always tell you what they have in stock. Some will even hold items. If you live far away from a LEGO store and don't want to wait then now is probably the time since prices have dropped lately. Even if relative lives near a LEGO store and ships it to you, it will still be cheaper than eBay.

I called the local LEGO store and the lady said they had quite a few of them. The only problem is the 180 mile round trip.

I asked her if I could pay over the phone and have a set shipped to me and she said yes as long as it was anything other than the Tumbler due to popularity :rofl:  What a joke!

which store is this?

Agree with DNISM. I have sold on CL between $250-$290; 2x VIP+ promo + cash-in-hand CL business make a $250 sell still a nice deal. If you have any access to a Lego B&M, this isn't hard to acquire.

And even with a longer travel time and fuel cost, it is a great time to be at your closest B&M store on delivery day (just be sure and be waiting for store opening).Even with quantity limits of 1, your trip should yield a Tumbler, RI, an Exo, and possibly a TH.

Agree with DNISM. I have sold on CL between $250-$290; 2x VIP+ promo + cash-in-hand CL business make a $250 sell still a nice deal. If you have any access to a Lego B&M, this isn't hard to acquire.

And even with a longer travel time and fuel cost, it is a great time to be at your closest B&M store on delivery day (just be sure and be waiting for store opening).Even with quantity limits of 1, your trip should yield a Tumbler, RI, an Exo, and possibly a TH.

That sounds like my weekly trip yield for the past 3 weeks. Tumbler RI and TH with a few PS thrown in